Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2016, 11:49 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I like talking to Jeff. I imagine he likes talking with other Christians, as well. Christians enjoy fellowship with other Christians.

It's unfortunate though, that some people only come here to make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
The discussion of Christianity is open to everyone. All opinions matter. If you are are deliberately offensive, stop.

This is not a Christians only thread. Stop complaining. Your response, is your responsibility. Stop blaming others, because you get angry. That is only in your control. It seems you wish to make others responsible for your reaction to what others write. When do you take responsibility for yourself?

Perhaps you should start up your good Christian thread again where others can share good things. I shared one of my favorites, Moral Mondays. I enjoyed it.

We both know the only impediment is yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 12:09 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,215,346 times
Quote:
At least in the opinion of 1 guy named Marin on the internet. Considering God made you, your opinion of him probably doesn't mean a lot to him.

He has a right to do with his creation what he wants.

No. I really don't. I've been completely consistent. God has a right to do what he wants with his creation.
So he doesn't care what I think (but loves me somehow), kills humans (but loves them too somehow)....yet you've bestowed this creature the right to do as he pleases with people?

Sounds like "might makes right" again Viz. And you've forsaken your fellow man so as not to be on the wrong side of such a beast.

Because whether I have the ability to stop such behavior...I would not give that approval to such a creature. And that's why I can sit here, in moral judgement, of this god-concept.

Quote:
There is nothing that God has said we should do that I disagree with.
Why do you suppose that is?

Old 06-30-2016, 01:30 PM

33,554 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
That's not a moral law. That's a commandment given to a specific isolated group for a specific time period for a specific purpose of ensuring their survival.
Yeah, right ....Tell me how keeping all the virgins for themselves ensures their survival....It sounds just like what the muslim group in Africa did a few years ago....

Do you agree with the bible on these issues?

The Bible....Justifies and sets out rules for slavery.

Condones the murder of innocent children.

Defines women as the property of men.

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction. Jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic-cleanser; a misogynistic homophobic racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.": Richard Dawkins http://www.religioustolerance.org/imm_bibl.htm

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-30-2016 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: added a space so the url could be read

Old 06-30-2016, 01:44 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
I like talking to Jeff. I imagine he likes talking with other Christians, as well. Christians enjoy fellowship with other Christians.
Do you agree with everything he says about his tribe/sect?

What tribe are you from Viz?

Old 06-30-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeall View Post
Good to know, because I predict that within the next two decades, most Bible believers will be touting a softer spin on homosexuality.
You mean like savory?

Old 06-30-2016, 02:31 PM

Doh!

Old 06-30-2016, 02:34 PM

23,166 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post

Anyone can put themselves within the tribes in Genesis 49, and anyone can see it is a progressive ladder that begins bad with a person's walk in Reuben, Simeon and Levi, but a person moves into Judah, Isaachar and Zebulun because they begin to sacrifice and witness.

Jesus talks more of People in Judah, Issachar, and Zebulun more than people in any other level because this is where the majority of believers reside and stay.

Any talk of merchant sailors in a boat upon the seas selling their wears is about people in Judah, Issachar and Zebulun. The whole story of Peter jumping from the boat and meeting Jesus on the beach is about Peter's graduation from one level to the next, and even the Koran notes this concept because it was so well known and talked about to the point of much of Revelation being written about people in the waters and how they must be taken from the waters, how merchant sailors will mourn and just what it means to be a merchant sailor in Issachar, Zebulun and Judah.

Most people are as Issachar who is torn between two burdens like a man who refuses to commit and so he is sitting on a fence until he commits and then jumps from the boat. A person is a boat where Zebulun works a job to make money to support his brother Zebulun and Zebulun is a man with a million books studying to become a priest and so one side is for either brother, one side of the boat for Gold and the other side for the priests as we have two lives and we should live humbly working everyday just so we can continue studying.

A person get's to Naphtali and he is set free like a calf released from the stalls and he obtains all the blessings of Joseph and he gets to be Benjamin in the end.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Anyone can put themselves within the tribes in Genesis 49, and anyone can see it is a progressive ladder that begins bad with a person's walk in Reuben, Simeon and Levi, but a person moves into Judah, Isaachar and Zebulun because they begin to sacrifice and witness.

Jesus talks more of People in Judah, Issachar, and Zebulun more than people in any other level because this is where the majority of believers reside and stay.

Any talk of merchant sailors in a boat upon the seas selling their wears is about people in Judah, Issachar and Zebulun. The whole story of Peter jumping from the boat and meeting Jesus on the beach is about Peter's graduation from one level to the next, and even the Koran notes this concept because it was so well known and talked about to the point of much of Revelation being written about people in the waters and how they must be taken from the waters, how merchant sailors will mourn and just what it means to be a merchant sailor in Issachar, Zebulun and Judah.

Most people are as Issachar who is torn between two burdens like a man who refuses to commit and so he is sitting on a fence until he commits and then jumps from the boat. A person is a boat where Zebulun works a job to make money to support his brother Zebulun and Zebulun is a man with a million books studying to become a priest and so one side is for either brother, one side of the boat for Gold and the other side for the priests as we have two lives and we should live humbly working everyday just so we can continue studying.

A person get's to Naphtali and he is set free like a calf released from the stalls and he obtains all the blessings of Joseph and he gets to be Benjamin in the end.
And what does this have to do with Viz's tribe question that I've asked him twice and he cowers the answer?

Old 06-30-2016, 02:40 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,530 times
- I know one thing if I was gay
holding candles and singing would not be enough for me.

I would join the Military to fight and kill every ISIS believers the government would send me to do
in the name of those who died. Flowers, candles, and songs will not change their hearts of hating.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:46 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
And what does this have to do with Viz's tribe question that I've asked him twice and he cowers the answer?
I have no idea what that question means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality