Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 12:05 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Vizio, did you not see, or willfully ignore the lists I posted for you earlier?
He's still reading it and checking their dogma against his own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
lol haha
So you too believe that it really happened?
I can hardly believe it, but the phone ins from deconverts to irreligion and the worried reports from Imams are significant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 07:21 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
The effectiveness of jihadism is that it cannot be instantly fixed by pressing a button or dispatching some tanks or troops. They win, not because we aren't tough enough on them, but because they know we can't see past the end of our collective zotzes and will keep doing what doesn't work.
I believe they win because they see that we are meek and weak, that we will keep turning the other cheek and advocating for more money and more help to the very people who keep killing us - and that encourages them. I also believe the whole "turn the other cheek" thing is one of the more evil effects Christianity has had on the Western civilization - weakening it from inside, destroying our very instinct of self-preservation as a civilization. But whatever...

Old 08-04-2016, 03:56 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,877,101 times
As a christian I denounce the shooting as cold blooded murder by a psychopath muslim. I also denounce homosexuality as a perversion of Gods plan for creation, His covenant regarding men with men and women with women one of the damnible sins, which I will default to God to judge these folks. I have my own sin to focus on excuse me for being selfish. Some spoke person decided to call me
homophobic incinuating I "fear" gays.? .........really ?

Old 08-04-2016, 04:14 PM

20,013 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
I believe they win because they see that we are meek and weak, that we will keep turning the other cheek and advocating for more money and more help to the very people who keep killing us - and that encourages them. I also believe the whole "turn the other cheek" thing is one of the more evil effects Christianity has had on the Western civilization - weakening it from inside, destroying our very instinct of self-preservation as a civilization. But whatever...
No one is advocating turning the other cheek. It's not necessary, especially if you are clear that your enemy is a particular kind of Muslim that has actually attacked people, not Muslims as a block. I'm talking about helping people before they develop the desire to attack us. And I'm talking about doing it in effective and intelligent ways. Parachuting money into ghettoes is not what is under discussion. Showing people that westerners are something more than self-indulgent uncaring turds would make us pretty hard to attack.

The contrast between European Muslims and Muslim-Americans is instructive. Muslim-Americans are far harder to radicalize than European Muslims because unlike their European counterparts, they tend to be better educated and wealthier than most other Americans, much less most European Muslims.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:29 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post

I can hardly believe it, but the phone ins from deconverts to irreligion and the worried reports from Imams are significant.
And how about this entire bunch of crisis actors and fake or non existing gun shot wounds?

Old 08-04-2016, 08:18 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
As a christian I denounce the shooting as cold blooded murder by a psychopath muslim. I also denounce homosexuality as a perversion of Gods plan for creation, His covenant regarding men with men and women with women one of the damnible sins, which I will default to God to judge these folks. I have my own sin to focus on excuse me for being selfish. Some spoke person decided to call me
homophobic incinuating I "fear" gays.? .........really ?
Quote:
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition

homophobia

/ˌhəʊməʊˈfəʊbɪə/

noun 1. intense hatred or fear of homosexuals or homosexuality

(emphasis added)

Old 08-04-2016, 09:48 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
And how about this entire bunch of crisis actors and fake or non existing gun shot wounds?
GTFO with that ****.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:39 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
GTFO with that ****.
You can't handle the truth, can u?

Old 08-05-2016, 05:36 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
And all the caskets in Orlando were empty and Sandyhook NEVER happened either?

Old 08-05-2016, 09:19 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
You can't handle the truth, can u?
Pot. Kettle. Black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality