Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2016, 01:25 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Wrong.

Don't you ever get tired of it?

I rail against fundies, like yourself - not Christians.
Whatever. You can call them anything you want. According to your logic when a bible believing Christian (aka "fundie") gets murdered, you have blood on your hands. Besides, vast majority of Christians agree with homosexual acts being sinful, so its not just "fundies", but pretty much all Christians you hate.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-16-2016 at 01:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 02:53 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Really, so it's common decency to remain silent while your side vents venom and spits in our face? Once again, this thread was created to bash Christians. You didn't want to know our perspective. You already branded us as haters long ago and apparently there is nothing we can do or say to change that label.

You wanted to set up a trap situation where the only way out is to go burn our Bibles and raise the rainbow flags with pride. I really think your side has become the most intolerate angry judgemental group out there.
I am fresh outta bibles, can you spare a few dozen?

Old 06-16-2016, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Whatever. You can call them anything you want. According to your logic when a bible believing Christian (aka "fundie") gets murdered, you have blood on your hands. Besides, vast majority of Christians agree with homosexual acts being sinful, so its not just "fundies", but pretty much all Christians you hate.
When is the last time multiple cultists were murdered in one place in Amerikkka?

Old 06-16-2016, 02:55 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,717,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You've been murdering homosexuals for decades because of your sin and homophobia. Please cite your "proof" that the majority of "christians" believe homosexuality to be a sin. I think it is more proper to say the vast majority of fundamentalists think it is sin. Whether or not a fundamentalist is a christian is as wide open as whether or not an atheist is a christian--because some of those atheists treat their fellow gay human beings far better than you have ever treated them--with your hate the sin, love the sinner lie.

Here's what a Christian authorr has to say:
Quote:
Maybe you haven’t counseled the teenager in your church who wants to kill themselves because they’re finally realizing that they’re gay and always have been. Maybe you haven’t had a friend weep in your presence over the fact that they realize they are gay, but also realize they did not chose to be– and that they’ll never be accepted by the tribe. Maybe you haven’t had a chance to serve in church for years on end next to someone who you never realized was in fact, gay the whole time and also unwavering in their love for Jesus and commitment to the church.

These things have happened to me, but I get that maybe you’ve never experienced them. So please, just consider that we are not talking about an “issue” here– we’re talking about real people. People created in the image and likeness of God. People with feelings, passions, hopes, and dreams. When we allow this to simply become an “issue” within modern Christian discourse, we end up dehumanizing the very real people we’re actually referencing.

Please become willing to reexamine what the Bible teaches on homosexuality.
Some Things To Consider If You Think Being Gay Is A Sin

You are all about stomping others into the ground because you think it lifts your own greedy soul closer to your god. Your religion isn't christian--it is pagan. Your views regarding homosexuality are closer to fundamentalist Islamic than they are to traditional christianity.

Why not pick on fat people? It's greedy to overeat and greed is a sin according to Col. 3:5 and Eph 5:5. We all know how much you HATE SIN!!! Why don't you drive the fat people out of your church and make them form separate churches like you do gay christians? But you see, being fat is culturally "in," so you would be considered a bigot to talk about all the fat people in your church. In other words, you have a grading scale for sin. Your perfect book calls homosexuality a sin so you rank it at the top. It also calls greed AND gluttony sins, but they don't even register for you. You and your church commit a corporate sin but setting up differing standards for all those sins.

And that is why, like all fundamentalists, you are a flaming hypocrite.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:01 AM

Quote:
I don't care if it is legal or not. The point is how would you like it when it involves something you DO NOT approve of? Yea LOT had incest. Lots of people in the Bible did bad things. Doesn't mean God stamp approved it. In fact, I would think if the Bible was a product of fiction, the authors would kinda whitewash their heroes a bit more. Maybe leave out the part of King David murdering a man so he could steal his wife.
My personal opinion MUST NEVER dictate LAW or PUBLIC POLICY. There are many things I "disapprove" of--alcohol and gambling being the biggest--and I would never expect to use this to mandate LAW and force others to FOLLOW and ADHERE to my beliefs.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:58 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
I knew this was coming and here it is. Your post makes me think of someone who pounds the puzzle piece to force it to fit. That's what you are doing here. Forcing a negative stereotype which is where the true bigotry lies. That particular piece is that we hate the sin, but love the sinner. It won't fit in your puzzle picture of fundamental Christians as evil hateful people. You and your friends passionately reject this stance without one single good valid point where the two can not be separated. So here you force a scenario where Christians look bad if they are happy that gay people were murdered and equally Christians look bad if they offer sympathy and support because according to you, it's all phony.

All the threads always end up at the same conclusion. Your side refusing to consider our perspective, droning out our valid points by yelling "hate" "bigot" "hate" when the truth is that creating negative stereotypes like you do here is the true sign of bigotry. Calling us hateful bigots because we won't go against God's Word doesn't change the fact that it is still a sinful lifestyle.

BTW, I am sorry for your loss.

You're quite the Richard head Jeff

Old 06-16-2016, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post

You're quite the Richard head Jeff
That is Richard Cranium if you please..

Old 06-16-2016, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Yes you should stop because your post is a direct personal attack which is untrue and uncalled for. If I see one more post attacking me personally during my "sabbatical", I am revoking it. At least have the decency to leave me out of the discussion if I am not participating.
Promises.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:30 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
And yet you defended people here who called me a waste of oxygen which truly is the most despicable comment I've seen here . Why should I expect an expression of disappointment when you have such low regard for me in the first place?

With that said, it is not my desire to hurt people so out of respect, I will refrain from posting here for the next few days.
My disappointment is in you Jeff, and I do not expect that to mean anything to you.

My regard for you has been damaged, and that means something to me.

I want you to stop looking at people through the eyes of sin and disease, and see them as your brothers and sisters.

I want you to represent the best of Christianity.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:41 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
I want you to represent the best of Christianity.

He seems to be one of the truest Christians out there. Keep up the great work Jeff.

May jesus bless you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality