Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2016, 04:56 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I'm sorry, but the very same people that have been fighting against me having equal rights now want to cry and offer condolences? No. It comes off as fake and shallow. You who call us deviant, immoral, sick, evil, disgusting and worse have no right to now pull out the fake tears and concern over the death of those that just last week you were vilifying.

You can not treat me and my brothers and sisters as less than then turn around and feign support when we are slaughtered.

I have a friend that was in that club and died. My sister knows two of the men killed. I still can not locate another friend that may have been there. And you are trying to make yourselves look holy with your concern. Yeah, you can take that faux concern and shove it, because we all know that next week you will be back to your old nasty tune.
jjrose, fundamentalist christianity is self-serving, selfish, and self-righteous. They never put others before themselves unless those others "qualify" to be loved and respected. They want the premier seat in the kingdom of heaven and think condemning others to hell moves them closer to that spot.

They missed the point Jesus made about the last shall be first and the first shall be last. They just want their "rights" which includes bashing your very life with rhetoric while proclaiming to love you despite the god-awful disgusting, piece of crap sinner you really are in their eyes.

The result is, those of us who are Jesus followers find it difficult to invite you into a group that cares about you as you are and doesn't set up criteria about HOW you should live your life. You are acceptable because you are you--and only become unacceptable if you start treating other people like you have been treated.

I wish I could say I understand--but I don't. Yet I hold a silent vigil for all my gay brothers and sisters and the persecution that you clearly have received and continue to receive from many sides--religious and non-religious. I may not be able to help in any significant way, but I refuse to be an obstacle to your humanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 04:57 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Fundamentalism (and Trump) appeal to the lowest, most base aspects of human nature.

It is the greatest danger facing mankind today.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:57 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
I do find it astounding how many nuts out there clutch their bible in one hand and their gun in the other, as if Jesus was a gun-loving loon who liked to kill people. It's madness. One cannot hate one's neighbor - especially for stupid "sins" like being gay - and actually be a Christian.

Astounding how all the right-wing "Christians" can recite the Old Testament chapter and verse and can spin up the most outrageous word games to pretend that things like eating shellfish are now fine but being gay isn't, and yet they all seem to have forgotten that one little rule in the New Testament:

Matthew 22:36-40 New International Version (NIV)

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

I don't see anywhere in that "love your neighbor, provided he's: straight, white, rich, loves guns, and is of the same religion as you."

Jokers and frauds... that's all so many of them are.
On some website I saw the question--

"Why are christians more comfortable seeing two men walking down the street holding guns, than two men walking down the street holding hands.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:03 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
On some website I saw the question--

"Why are christians more comfortable seeing two men walking down the street holding guns, than two men walking down the street holding hands.
For some crazy I reason I can only think of the Mae West line, "is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" The phallic significance of guns is not a problem for prudes, it would seem.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:33 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I'm sorry, but the very same people that have been fighting against me having equal rights now want to cry and offer condolences? No. It comes off as fake and shallow. You who call us deviant, immoral, sick, evil, disgusting and worse have no right to now pull out the fake tears and concern over the death of those that just last week you were vilifying.

You can not treat me and my brothers and sisters as less than then turn around and feign support when we are slaughtered.

I have a friend that was in that club and died. My sister knows two of the men killed. I still can not locate another friend that may have been there. And you are trying to make yourselves look holy with your concern. Yeah, you can take that faux concern and shove it, because we all know that next week you will be back to your old nasty tune.
I knew this was coming and here it is. Your post makes me think of someone who pounds the puzzle piece to force it to fit. That's what you are doing here. Forcing a negative stereotype which is where the true bigotry lies. That particular piece is that we hate the sin, but love the sinner. It won't fit in your puzzle picture of fundamental Christians as evil hateful people. You and your friends passionately reject this stance without one single good valid point where the two can not be separated. So here you force a scenario where Christians look bad if they are happy that gay people were murdered and equally Christians look bad if they offer sympathy and support because according to you, it's all phony.

All the threads always end up at the same conclusion. Your side refusing to consider our perspective, droning out our valid points by yelling "hate" "bigot" "hate" when the truth is that creating negative stereotypes like you do here is the true sign of bigotry. Calling us hateful bigots because we won't go against God's Word doesn't change the fact that it is still a sinful lifestyle.

BTW, I am sorry for your loss.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:45 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I knew this was coming and here it is. Your post makes me think of someone who pounds the puzzle piece to force it to fit. That's what you are doing here. Forcing a negative stereotype which is where the true bigotry lies. That particular piece is that we hate the sin, but love the sinner. It won't fit in your puzzle picture of fundamental Christians as evil hateful people. You and your friends passionately reject this stance without one single good valid point where the two can not be separated. So here you force a scenario where Christians look bad if they are happy that gay people were murdered and equally Christians look bad if they offer sympathy and support because according to you, it's all phony.

All the threads always end up at the same conclusion. Your side refusing to consider our perspective, droning out our valid points by yelling "hate" "bigot" "hate" when the truth is that creating negative stereotypes like you do here is the true sign of bigotry. Calling us hateful bigots because we won't go against God's Word doesn't change the fact that it is still a sinful lifestyle.

Why would you do that? Someone who has suffered a devastating loss has just told you they do not want your words of sympathy out of one side of your mouth, while condemning with the other side. So you berate her, preach at her about a "sinful lifestyle", and then give a drive by "sorry" when you're finished. Are you really surprised that so many people find you guys to be lacking in compassion and simple common decency?

Old 06-15-2016, 05:48 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
For those who offer prayers and other intangibles, but still say GAY and SIN in the same sentence..
Try that one with another form of sexual immorality:

You weren't the gunman, but you didn't want to see a father and daughter kissing in public. You weren't the gunman, but you don't like incest on tv. You weren't the gunman but you incest lovers are sinful and need saving.

You weren't the gunman, but you were upset when incest couples gained the right to marry. Etc...

Doesn't sound so noble when we fit in a type of sexual immorality (assuming) that you DON't approve of. Would you think it's right to blame you then if someone murdered people engaging in incest?

Old 06-15-2016, 05:51 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:

I take it back. Apparently there are words of disrespect for life and loss.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:58 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Try that one with another form of sexual immorality:

You weren't the gunman, but you didn't want to see a father and daughter kissing in public. You weren't the gunman, but you don't like incest on tv. You weren't the gunman but you incest lovers are sinful and need saving.

You weren't the gunman, but you were upset when incest couples gained the right to marry. Etc...

Doesn't sound so noble when we fit in a type of sexual immorality (assuming) that you DON't approve of. Would you think it's right to blame you then if someone murdered people engaging in incest?
What the immature mind comes up with..HOW is your childish list even remotely related to the issue in hand..and YES, just like LOT in the OLD TESTAMENT, incestuous relationships are LEGAL, they just cannot legally marry except in Kentucky and Texas...and probably tour state of residence, huh?

Old 06-15-2016, 05:59 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Sounds like the stuff Trump is listening to.
EXACTLY, and the trumpeters...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality