Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2016, 12:28 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Cough,,I wouldn't have used that one Vizio. lol There is not a lot of logic being used in this discussion to begin with by anyone.
I thought the person I quoted used some excellent logic.
Quote:
Muslims and Christians, as a whole, do not condone a gay lifestyle and use a being in the skies words for proof.
Now there you go...maybe it's intentional, maybe you just don't know. But referring to God as "a being in the skies" really isn't helpful. It makes you look like a bigoted jerk. If you'd like to have a decent, cordial conversation, I'm up for it. I'm willing to overlook your insensitivity on this occasion.
Quote:
You do share that conviction with Muslims. Of course, people who don't share your views will be angry and upset when 50 are killed under that premise. Pulling the trigger is only part of it. I know you don't condone murder, most do not, but you do condone the sentiment.
Yes, homosexuality is a sinful activity, as is adultery, fornication, being a drunkard, etc..etc...

I do not condone the idea that we should harm anyone because they are sinners.

I would also point out that this nut job did the attack he did because I think he wanted to hurt America -- and not just gay people.
Quote:
People will be hurt and angry at Christians and Muslims right now. It's your job as a leader in your community to put people at ease and I'm glad for the most part I'm seeing you do this. There's really no room to get "jiggy" with it.
This has nothing to do with Christianity. The only people bringing Christianity into it are people like you, who have a bone to pick with Christianity.
Quote:
In turn, Christians and Muslims who are not violent in action will feel abused. I get that. But if my brother killed someone's child I'd take the egging that ensued. I would feel bad enough to endure it. I would also understand the connection.
Again....I have no problem sleeping at night, even though a bunch of people are mistakenly trying to lump me in with a murderous hater. This has nothing to do with me or my religion. No Christian was involved in this, and I can't recall the last time a Christian gunned down masses of people in a misguided attempt to please God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Really?

I think I understand the concept from the age of 4 or 5. No book necessary.
Honestly? It doesn't show. You seem to argue more from emotion than logic. The majority of the posts I see from you are simply one-liners that seem to be deliberately offensive or provocative with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:33 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,676 times
The shootings in Orlando made me sick and deeply sorrowful alone with my wife and daughter. We are christians
and irrespective of our biblical beliefs ,which we hold sacred at the end of the day the gays and we christians are all sinners. We will never condon homosexuality ,but this is not the time to rant on judging them when confronted with an at of terrorism NOBODY should be subjected to regardless of sexual orientation. Some of my best friends in the workforce prior to retiring were gay and among the best workers and compassionate people I ever worked with. I come from a medical background. Any christian who hates a gay are NOT christians and gays who feel otherwise must realize their are titled christians , christians who are asses christians who are weird and christians who are lukewarm ( the later I constantly have to work to avoid

Old 06-15-2016, 12:36 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And that is precisely what is happening in this thread.
You are a strong example of what Bovine Scatology is all about. You have a presuppostional perspective that feeds your confirmation bias, and will not look at reality. Bet you're an evangelical fundamentalist. Oh, hold it, you already proclaim that.

And it shows.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
You are a strong example of what Bovine Scatology is all about. You have a presuppostional perspective that feeds your confirmation bias, and will not look at reality. Bet you're an evangelical fundamentalist. Oh, hold it, you already proclaim that.

And it shows.
I find it interesting that you, of all people, would make such a statement. You are one of the most notorious of people that come onto this board with a presupposition of what religion is all about and it shows.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm going to respond, even though I am not a "fundamentalist Christian." When I saw that Glenn Beck (whom I would describe as a right-wing Mormon radical, and with whom I almost never see eye-to-eye) had made a statement on Facebook about the massacre, I went in to read it, expecting some idiotic nonsense. Here's what he had to say:

Isis should know, if you try to kill our LBGT brothers and sisters, you will need to come through us all. We are one. We will be a shelter and fierce defender of the rights of all mankind. We will always put our differences aside when push comes to shove. When someone tries to silence, cause fear or kill - we will unite and stand against you. Today the colors of the rainbow blend into one bright white light.

Of course, unlike Beck, most of us realize it wasn't actually ISIS that committed the murders, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the man apparently had actually had a lucid moment.
I think Beck is making a transition from the extreme positions he used to take. He is vehemently anti-Trump, and every once in a while he comes up with a reasonable perspective. I wonder how it affects his income, as he was as used to feeding raw meat to the lions as Limbaugh is.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:41 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Those complaining about this thread should go back and reread the OP . The point asked was , given the vitriol often leveled at gays by fundamentalists here and in general among Christians, what is their response to this mass killing of gays ? Nobody blamed Christians for the actual killing . The OP asked for their response to it, and we have seen more than just one Christian that showed delight at gays being killed .

Which , of course , is exactly WHY the question was asked in the OP .

Old 06-15-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
The shootings in Orlando made me sick and deeply sorrowful alone with my wife and daughter. We are christians
and irrespective of our biblical beliefs ,which we hold sacred at the end of the day the gays and we christians are all sinners. We will never condon homosexuality ,but this is not the time to rant on judging them when confronted with an at of terrorism NOBODY should be subjected to regardless of sexual orientation. Some of my best friends in the workforce prior to retiring were gay and among the best workers and compassionate people I ever worked with. I come from a medical background. Any christian who hates a gay are NOT christians and gays who feel otherwise must realize their are titled christians , christians who are asses christians who are weird and christians who are lukewarm ( the later I constantly have to work to avoid

And no atheist I know would condemn your type of Christianity and belief. We may question why the heck you have it, but if it doesn't harm anyone, meh, who cares. You are the majority of Christians, and I suspect that in North America, the majority of Muslims have similar views.

I also suspect neither you or atheists like myself will change those who are hell bent for leather in their fundamentalism. Perhaps over time the fundamentalists of all religions will move their perspectives, but I have my concerns it will be a very, very slow process.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:49 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Honestly? It doesn't show. You seem to argue more from emotion than logic. The majority of the posts I see from you are simply one-liners that seem to be deliberately offensive or provocative with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
Yeah, I know how you and the other fundies perceive me.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:55 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
And no atheist I know would condemn your type of Christianity and belief..
You're so F.O.S.
You posted numerous threads about how Mother Teresa is rotting in hell.
Anyone can see your threads and replies .. you condemn Christianity in
virtually every post and annoyingly belittle our beliefs on a frequent basis
for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality