Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 10:48 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Only fundies.

You will be to blame the next time sumbuddy shoots up Westover Baptist,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 10:49 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Extremely lame. You've just made a direct correlation between refusing to grant a marriage license and shooting 49 people.

Wow.
Lame is not recognizing everything that contributes to the problem, the dehumanizing, and the hypocrisy.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:51 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
That has GOT to be from the Onion. NO one is THAT demented.......right?......right?

Old 06-14-2016, 11:08 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
If Levitical Law is applied to all, then the Bible also says you are condemned for:

- Eating shellfish:
Leviticus 11:10 “And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you.”

- Eating fat or blood:
Leviticus 3:17 “It shall be a perpetual statute for your generations throughout all your dwellings, that ye eat neither fat nor blood"

- Wear ripped jeans or a or not wearing a hat
Leviticus 10:6 “Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people.”

- Getting too short a haircut or not growing a beard:
Leviticus 19:27 “Ye shall not round the corners of your heads.”
Leviticus 19:27 “Neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.”

- Having wine at the temple (oh, wait - Christians do this all the time?!)
Leviticus 10:9 “Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die.”

- Buying or selling land
Leviticus 25:23 "The land must never be sold on a permanent basis, for the land belongs to me. You are only foreigners and tenant farmers working for me."

- Or trying to get into heaven if your "male equipment" has been lost somehow
Deuteronomy 23:1 "A man whose (balls) are crushed or whose (manhood) is cut off may never join the assembly of the Lord."

SUMMARY: Somewhere in the same parts of the Bible that list the above condemnations (and plenty more equally nonsensical) there is the condemnation for gays. And that condemnation should bear no more weight these days than claiming somebody is going to hell because he wore ripped jeans. It is utterly laughable, and while I haven't studied the Koran, it is safe to assume that whatever condemnation it has for gays is probably tossed in the same book with equally nonsensical Islamic ways to "go to hell" for absurd things.

People need to wake up and take long look at their religion - regardless of which one it is - and start sorting the good parts from the bad. Otherwise, we're just going to keep seeing more violence like what happened in Florida, sadly, because once somebody is convinced "god told them to do something" their minds cannot be changed, even if they intend to kill. The only prevention is to make sure there are no bigots speaking hatred in the name of god.

Where does it say in the law that sinners who have broken the law go to hell and burn for an eternity? The law is so that things will go good for a person and even though the law is pure justice, it doesn't mean the law is always carried out and if it is carried out and a person die from transgressing the law, why does it have to equate to a person going to hell?

Don't mix up preconceived ideas of Christianity's view of hell with breaking the law.

The law says that Homosexuality is a sin, it doesn't mean you know what happens to a person after he dies, only God knows.

The laws of children are that if a child is disrespectful to the parent, the child deserves death because that is pure justice but where in the whole of the bible do you find a parent bringing their own child before the high priest to stone them?

You don't, although every child will disrespect their parents, and this teaches mercy.

It doesn't teach a person that the child will burn in hell even if he disrespects his parents and is killed for it.

David had sins that killed people with his detestable immoral acts, but it doesn't mean David went to hell.

Even the sparrows have their nests but a Pine Sisken has no place to rest his head.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 06-14-2016 at 11:21 PM..

Old 06-15-2016, 01:31 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Feel free to believe, or not believe, anything you want.
Well, outside of your book you believe in, what extraordinary proof exists for it's claims?

Old 06-15-2016, 01:44 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,717,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Pastor Steven Anderson? His video has already been posted here. I guess you are so zealous to dig up dirt on Christians (which is odd since you claim to be a Christian yourself) that you now have to just repeat whatever was already posted. Sorry, but I don't think a few outspoken pastors on youtube are causing serious social problems
I dug up dirt on a "christian?" You are calling this guy a christian? Your mind is as sick as his!!!

I absolutely reject the term christian. Those of us who seek to actually DO Jesus' will prefer Christ followers.

Incidentally every single post about homosexuals is a repeat out of that bigoted heart. You never contemplate, or consider, or have empathy for anything but yourself and your idol. Again and again I have provided you with an opportunity to grow and learn. But like those Israelites in the Bible over and over you reject any opportunity to get your heart in tune with God.

Until you can play the tune of God's love and acceptance for all, every other bit of music you like to play will be but what Paul described:
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal.

You have banged the cymbal so much that to several of us it appears to be a symbol of a secret desire.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:05 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,647,657 times
Re OP;

I don't believe this recent Orlando case is directly and mainly related to 'homosexuality' [albeit a part].
The primary reason why such violence happened is because of that part [not whole] of Islam that is malignant.
This malignant element [part] in Islam will trigger evils and violence whenever there is the appropriate stimuli that activate it. In this case it happened the trigger [as secondary] is homosexuality.

It has been reported Omar Mateen has brushes with homosexuality previously and in this present case it is likely he has been recently brainwashed by someone or learn it himself that homosexuality is a very serious sin within Islam. In addition he must have also been driven by the impulse of salvation. Homosexuality is a serious sin thus conflict with his path to salvation.

To be assured of his salvation, Omar could have resorted to acts of redemption. This act of killing gays is the most explicit demonstration to God that confirm his renunciation of being gay in the eyes of Allah, thus reinforcing his redemption and forgiveness from God. Note his call to 911 pledging allegiance to ISIS.

Whilst Omar may not be directly associated with ISIS, this sort of typical strategy is used by ISIS and other groups who find ex-criminals and sinners are the easiest to convince to do their bidding re suicide bombing and other evil tasks against non-Muslims, infidels, kuffar [the default enemies of Islam]. The Tunisian jihadist was shown to be doing breakdancing somewhere and out of the blue his was killing people on the beach.

The mechanism in all these is so simple.
1. There is the ex-criminal or serious sinner.
2. Invoke 'Are you saved' to raise desperation for salvation.
3. For salvation, the most effective is redemption
4. For serious sinners, the easiest path to redemption in accordance to the Quran is to fight and kill non-Muslims within the excuse of a potential threat to Islam. Beside actual explicit threats, drawing of cartoons, gays [condemned in Quran and death ordained in the Ahadith], and the likes are also deem as threat.
5. Promoted by the Quran as more rewarding, those who seek redemption will have no hesistation in sacrificing their life for the cause of Allah.
The Christians may have an aversion for gays, but there are no verses in the NT to exhort Christians to kill gays and this is limited by an overriding pacifist maxim to love the enemies, love this and that, and the likes.
Naturally there will be percentile of Christians who will wish gays will disappear like what happened to the people of LOT. But fortunately wishful thinking is NOT harmful and they are restricted and has no opportunities to carry out their wish based on the verses from the NT.

On the other hand, it is different with Islam. Within Islam there is no-holds-barred as far as violence and evil are concern as long as the conditions exist for them to do so. Problem is the conditions are like the DUCK-RABBIT two truths where any option either way is the truth and acceptable to Allah. Thus it can be anything wronged against Islam and in this case it happened to be gays which is secondary to the main evil ethos [in part not whole] of Islam.

Because this evil [a part] always exists in Islam, I bet to my dollars it will happen again [by SOME Muslims] in US [perhaps worst, biological WMDs etc.] and anywhere soon. [an inspector and wife killed in Paris two days later].

Last edited by Continuum; 06-15-2016 at 02:35 AM..

Old 06-15-2016, 04:47 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times

Old 06-15-2016, 04:53 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times

Old 06-15-2016, 05:57 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Pastor Steven Anderson? His video has already been posted here. I guess you are so zealous to dig up dirt on Christians (which is odd since you claim to be a Christian yourself) that you now have to just repeat whatever was already posted. Sorry, but I don't think a few outspoken pastors on youtube are causing serious social problems
Yes, Pastor Steven Anderson. You should be horrified. I am horrified and disgusted. You wish to minimize his reach. Stop. I beg you to stop.

Next time your church does something for couples in your Church, try to be inclusive, and invite gay couples. Stop treating them as some sort of disease.

Start embracing and protecting them from fundamentalist ideologues whether they are Muslim or Christian.

Please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality