Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2016, 06:46 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I agree. I hope Jeff takes this to heart.
I think Jeff definitely has it in him, Ronkon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 06:50 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,215,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I have a friend that was in that club and died. My sister knows two of the men killed. I still can not locate another friend that may have been there. And you are trying to make yourselves look holy with your concern. Yeah, you can take that faux concern and shove it, because we all know that next week you will be back to your old nasty tune.
I don't have anything helpful to say but I'm very sorry for your loss jj.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:35 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,608,234 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but the very same people that have been fighting against me having equal rights now want to cry and offer condolences? No. It comes off as fake and shallow. You who call us deviant, immoral, sick, evil, disgusting and worse have no right to now pull out the fake tears and concern over the death of those that just last week you were vilifying.

You can not treat me and my brothers and sisters as less than then turn around and feign support when we are slaughtered.

I have a friend that was in that club and died. My sister knows two of the men killed. I still can not locate another friend that may have been there. And you are trying to make yourselves look holy with your concern. Yeah, you can take that faux concern and shove it, because we all know that next week you will be back to your old nasty tune.
So sorry for your losses jjrose. My thoughts are with you all. It's hard to comprehend such sadness.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:35 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Well, I think more would now be appropriate. "I'm sorry for your loss AND for the hurtful way in which I responded to you at such a difficult time."
But she already said that she rejects any sympathy from my camp. That was her initial post. So it really doesn't matter what I post, now does it?

Old 06-15-2016, 07:39 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
But she already said that she rejects any sympathy from my camp. That was her initial post. So it really doesn't matter what I post, now does it?
Yes. It matters. This is not about you.

I cannot express how disappointed I am in you, Jeff. This actually hurts.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:45 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

It matters very much what you do in this moment. You've got an opportunity here to do the good and compassionate thing, no matter how you think anyone will receive it. I really do believe you know this Jeff.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:58 PM

20,007 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It matters very much what you do in this moment. You've got an opportunity here to do the good and compassionate thing, no matter how you think anyone will receive it. I really do believe you know this Jeff.
Jeff also has the opportunity to demonstrate the grace of his god as well as Jeff's own personal character.

Last edited by mordant; 06-15-2016 at 08:06 PM..

Old 06-15-2016, 08:05 PM

20,007 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but the very same people that have been fighting against me having equal rights now want to cry and offer condolences? No. It comes off as fake and shallow. You who call us deviant, immoral, sick, evil, disgusting and worse have no right to now pull out the fake tears and concern over the death of those that just last week you were vilifying.

You can not treat me and my brothers and sisters as less than then turn around and feign support when we are slaughtered.

I have lost several friends and loved ones over the years, including a wife, to disease and accidents ... but I can't claim to know what it's like to lose them in such a horrific act of violence, which can only add massive feelings of violation on top of the grief and pain. All I can offer is that while it never seems remotely possible at first that you can process or heal from such things, eventually one manages to do both. I am truly sorry for your losses and those of your community.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:05 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I think Beck is making a transition from the extreme positions he used to take. He is vehemently anti-Trump, and every once in a while he comes up with a reasonable perspective. I wonder how it affects his income, as he was as used to feeding raw meat to the lions as Limbaugh is.
Well, as they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day. I seriously have no use whatsoever for Glenn Beck, and it embarrasses me to death that he's the same religion as I am. Still, I'm glad he didn't make some, "Well, they deserved what they got!" comment. Pretty much all Mormons are vehemently anti-Trump, so to hear that he is, too, doesn't really surprise me.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:21 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Yes. It matters. This is not about you.

I cannot express how disappointed I am in you, Jeff. This actually hurts.
And yet you defended people here who called me a waste of oxygen which truly is the most despicable comment I've seen here . Why should I expect an expression of disappointment when you have such low regard for me in the first place?

With that said, it is not my desire to hurt people so out of respect, I will refrain from posting here for the next few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality