Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2016, 08:35 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
The Catholic church regards homosexuality as a sin, yet teaches that gays should be treated with respect and dignity as human beings mired in sin.

The Eastern Orthodox Church regards homosexuality as a sin .

The Anglican Church regards homosexuality as a sin , yet feels gays should be treated with respect .

Conservative Protestant Christians regard homosexuality as a sin, compare homosexuality to pedophilia and bestiality, and proclaim the destruction of America because of homosexuality ,and blame all sorts of natural and man made disasters and horrible events on Gods wrath towards America because of homosexuality .

Gays don't seem to regard the Catholic Church, the EO church, or the Anglican Church with the disdain they do conservative Protestants .

I wonder why ?
You forgot to add that non-conservative protestants are okay with folks being gay and do not view it is a sin. I am with the United Church of Christ and we have no problems with gays, lesbians trans etc. It is not our job to judge, rather accept all who walk through our door.

Every week I usually recite the moto of the UCC - "No matter who you are, or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome here".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 09:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Don't you callous, hurtful atheists of every religion and non-religion realize that in jeffyville, EVERYTHING is about jeffy??!!

I mean, after thousands of his whiny, poor-me posts are we at all surprised that he makes the US of A's largest mass slaughter in their blood-red history of mass slaughters all about him?

Thank you jeffy, once again, for demonstrating to the world-wide-web that fundamentalists have all the empathy of lizards but less than half their charm.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And yet you defended people here who called me a waste of oxygen which truly is the most despicable comment I've seen here . Why should I expect an expression of disappointment when you have such low regard for me in the first place?

With that said, it is not my desire to hurt people so out of respect, I will refrain from posting here for the next few days.
jeffy, don't be a coward.

I was the one who referred to you as a waste of oxygen. I don't mind owning it. Quit hiding behind "somebody said" and "you're friends with" etc.

Apparently, that comment slipped past your FODI and dented what's left of your psyche.

Good.

Now you know the kind of pain you inflict on thousands of people with every one of your vile, anti-gay slurs.

Now, how about YOU man up and take ownership of the pain you've inflicted on innocent people?

Maybe during your self-appointed sabbatical you can meditate on that. If you're man enough. Or person enough.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, as they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day. I seriously have no use whatsoever for Glenn Beck, and it embarrasses me to death that he's the same religion as I am. Still, I'm glad he didn't make some, "Well, they deserved what they got!" comment. Pretty much all Mormons are vehemently anti-Trump, so to hear that he is, too, doesn't really surprise me.
I had long ago slotted Glenn Beck into the bottom 3% of US journalists when it came to credibility - which, really, is all a journalist has.

A good one, that is.

But I'll tip my toque, however briefly and brusquely, to this latest utterance. Perhaps he is beginning to evolve.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:48 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Why would you do that? Someone who has suffered a devastating loss has just told you they do not want your words of sympathy out of one side of your mouth, while condemning with the other side. So you berate her, preach at her about a "sinful lifestyle", and then give a drive by "sorry" when you're finished. Are you really surprised that so many people find you guys to be lacking in compassion and simple common decency?
Holy crapploa! I've adjusted my settings not see Jeff's posts, due to his having no regard for the child abuse issue that was under discussion earlier and I will not directly engage him any longer, but this is over the flippin' top! He disses a person who is directly impacted by this horrendous act?

What kind of heartless, mean spirited individual is he? Or his religion teaches him to be that. Even Vizio, who often is at odds with most of us here, reacted the way one would expect a decent, empathetic human to. Jeff is beyond the pale, and the type of degenerate lowlifes a Trump caters to.

I am beyond disgusted. I get more and more angry at the damage religion does, all of them. At least all of the Abrahamic ones. I was not raised as an atheist to hold my fellow human beings in that low regard, and I am a conservative by nature.

I better stop, or I will get banned.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:50 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Take your sin talk and stuff it along with your condolences I don't want nor need anything from you.

BTW, thanks for proving my point.
Thanks for standing up to that bully and waste of human skin. He is beyond disgusting.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:54 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Holy crapploa! I've adjusted my settings not see Jeff's posts, due to his having no regard for the child abuse issue that was under discussion earlier and I will not directly engage him any longer, but this is over the flippin' top! He disses a person who is directly impacted by this horrendous act?

What kind of heartless, mean spirited individual is he? Or his religion teaches him to be that. Even Vizio, who often is at odds with most of us here, reacted the way one would expect a decent, empathetic human to. Jeff is beyond the pale, and the type of degenerate lowlifes a Trump caters to.

I am beyond disgusted. I get more and more angry at the damage religion does, all of them. At least all of the Abrahamic ones. I was not raised as an atheist to hold my fellow human beings in that low regard, and I am a conservative by nature.

I better stop, or I will get banned.
Yes you should stop because your post is a direct personal attack which is untrue and uncalled for. If I see one more post attacking me personally during my "sabbatical", I am revoking it. At least have the decency to leave me out of the discussion if I am not participating.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:19 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Yes you should stop because your post is a direct personal attack which is untrue and uncalled for. If I see one more post attacking me personally during my "sabbatical", I am revoking it. At least have the decency to leave me out of the discussion if I am not participating.
Jeff, you are ridiculous. You are obviously leaving the thread (are you?) to avoid doing the good, kind, compassionate, caring, decent, mature thing: apologize. But you'll come back to chastise others for noticing and commenting on your appalling behavior.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:56 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Jeff, you are ridiculous. You are obviously leaving the thread (are you?) to avoid doing the good, kind, compassionate, caring, decent, mature thing: apologize. But you'll come back to chastise others for noticing and commenting on your appalling behavior.

Well no, I'm not leaving now because you're going to continue this trash talk when I asked for the simple respect of just for ONCE leave me personally out of the discussion. Yea Yea, I know, respect must be earned.

Let's recap:

Anti-fundamental camp -

Calling a Christian ridiculous, stupid and a waste of oxygen = perfectly fine, no problem with this whatever

A Christian calling someone out for posting untrue offensive comments = appalling, insensitive, disgusting behavior, insulting them personally!

Old 06-15-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Well no, I'm not leaving now because you're going to continue this trash talk when I asked for the simple respect of just for ONCE leave me personally out of the discussion. Yea Yea, I know, respect must be earned.

Let's recap:

Anti-fundamental camp -

Calling a Christian ridiculous, stupid and a waste of oxygen = perfectly fine, no problem with this whatever

A Christian calling someone out for posting untrue offensive comments = appalling, insensitive, disgusting behavior, insulting them personally!
jeffy is always the victim in jeffyville.

It's always about poor jeffy's feelings, never the ones he tramples upon.

Rampant narcissism and completely blind to it, as are all true narcissists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality