Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2016, 04:59 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
What to you is the acceptable number of people in your midst that hate homosexuals and want them killed or put behind electrified fences ? Can you quantify this acceptable amount for us ? Can you answer the question or not ? Why does a church keep a pastor who says these things ?

If a pastor said he was happy that a bunch of black people were killed, would he still have a job?

If a pastor said he was glad a bunch of old people got killed, would he still have a job?

So why does a pastor that says he is glad a bunch of gay people got killed still have a job in a Christian church ?

And do you really believe there is no connection between Christians who express this kind of hatred and Christians who don't go that far but compare homosexuality to bestiality, pedophilia , being hated by God and the reason God sends natural disasters?
I've never experienced anything like this and I've belonged to 3 SB churches in my lifetime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 05:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Calling us hateful bigots because we won't go against God's Word doesn't change the fact that it is still a sinful lifestyle.

So...Jeff....what's the difference between telling someone who is grieving the deaths of gay friends, "It's still a sinful lifestyle" and holding up a "God hates ****" sign at a funeral?

Old 06-16-2016, 06:04 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Keep you lies to yourself.
I like to share the truth of fundamentalist sin with the whole world. The sin of fundamentalism loves the darkness it creates for those caught in its swamp pit hiding under rocks. You are upset because the Rock has been kicked over and the light of the Son shines into that heart of darkness.

Say more ungodly Jesus hating words and watch your rock go tumbling again. We are not going to take your continued ignorant lies about our LGBTQ brothers and sisters who we lift up to God. When you attack one part of the body of Christ you attack it all. All we have to do is point out how much farther in sin you are than any you accuse. Your views about homosexuals are exactly as those of fundamentalist Muslims. The only difference is that you just use words to kill them by encouraging all the Christian fundamentalists who are whack jobs. Someone posted numerous examples of murders and beatings by your real spiritual brothers.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:10 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,286,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I've never experienced anything like this and I've belonged to 3 SB churches in my lifetime.

I didn't ask if you had personally experienced it. I have multiple times now asked about why Christians think pastors that have expressed joy over the deaths of gay people are still allowed by their Christian congregations to continue to pastor their church .

Evidently you feel very uncomfortable thinking about this and giving an answer .

Old 06-16-2016, 08:32 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
Quote:
I didn't ask if you had personally experienced it. I have multiple times now asked about why Christians think pastors that have expressed joy over the deaths of gay people are still allowed by their Christian congregations to continue to pastor their church .

Evidently you feel very uncomfortable thinking about this and giving an answer .
Because many Christian churches are autonomous. There is no denominational hierarchy.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:46 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Because many Christian churches are autonomous. There is no denominational hierarchy.
Answered like a true weasel!

Old 06-16-2016, 08:48 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,286,862 times
Quote:

What does this matter? I'm not suggesting that your church has the right to go and demand that the church fire its pastor . I am asking why , if no one hates gays as you guys keep claiming , that these pastors can say these things, and their loving Christian members don't decide these fools have gone too far and run them off ? The fact is these guys only stay if the majority of their congregation let them stay . Which means the pew sitters have no big issues with these pastors proclaiming it was a good thing for these 49 gay people to be murdered .

Somehow you don't seem to see congregations not being outraged by this as a problem .

But this conservative gets it .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/utah-lt-g...195554609.html

Old 06-16-2016, 09:47 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
What does this matter? I'm not suggesting that your church has the right to go and demand that the church fire its pastor . I am asking why , if no one hates gays as you guys keep claiming , that these pastors can say these things, and their loving Christian members don't decide these fools have gone too far and run them off ? The fact is these guys only stay if the majority of their congregation let them stay . Which means the pew sitters have no big issues with these pastors proclaiming it was a good thing for these 49 gay people to be murdered .

Somehow you don't seem to see congregations not being outraged by this as a problem .

But this conservative gets it .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/utah-lt-g...195554609.html
He's a good man who had the courage to engage in genuine self-reflection and find himself wanting. And has taken a giant step forward in atoning for his error.

Would that more privileged, white, Protestant males had his nads. Especially some of our favourite CD fundanatics.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:05 PM

63,824 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
He's a good man who had the courage to engage in genuine self-reflection and find himself wanting. And has taken a giant step forward in atoning for his error.
Would that more privileged, white, Protestant males had his nads. Especially some of our favourite CD fundanatics.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:54 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

I read the whole thing. He said exactly what needed to be said, and I hope everyone reads it. Some here won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality