Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2016, 09:40 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I find it amazing how you somehow have blamed all of Christianity for the actions of a Muslim nut job. This guy was even a registered Democrat, from what I understand -- so he isn't even a political ally of me. But hey...this isn't really about Muslim terrorism, is it? It's about trying to attack Christianity.
Are you "all of Christianity" now?

Is Finn?

You're a hypocrite. You have reviled and mocked gays on this forum ("shoes are faaabulous!"). You have repeatedly fulminated against them receiving equal rights and now you cry crocodile tears because an American fundamentalist slaughtered 50+ of them.

Wash your hands all you want, pastor Pilate. You won't get the blood off your soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 09:50 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
If you can't see a difference between killing 49 people and me stating that your behavior is sinful when you ask, I don't know what I can do--because you're beyond reason.
They need it to be the same so they can justify their own bigotry. There is nothing we can say or do that they will accept beyond complete reversal and declaration that homosexuality is not sinful. If we offer our sincere sympathies, well apparently that is wrong too.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:56 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
I would be willing to bet that 98+% of Fundamentalists are Trump supporters. They sure aren't going to vote for a *gasp* woman to be President! I mean, in the Fundy view of life, women are not capable "leaders". So please, tell me how you think a fundamentalist wouldn't vote Trump? Because every fundamentalist I know would NEVER vote Democrat, since they don't spew the same racist/misogynistic/xenophobic/religious beliefs that they hold so dear.
My dearly departed aunt was a deeply religious Pentecostal woman and a yellow dog Democrat. You could not convince her any way that the Clintons were capable of doing wrong. See all you do is create stereotypes upon more stereotypes which is a sign of bigotry. I'm not a bigot. Why? Because I see everyone as an individual. And guess what? There are gays who are conservative out there. There are even gays who agree that it's wrong to go after Christian business owners.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:57 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Are you "all of Christianity" now?

Is Finn?
We are Christians. When you blame Christians, you blame us.
Quote:
You're a hypocrite. You have reviled and mocked gays on this forum ("shoes are faaabulous!"). You have repeatedly fulminated against them receiving equal rights and now you cry crocodile tears because an American fundamentalist slaughtered 50+ of them.

Wash your hands all you want, pastor Pilate. You won't get the blood off your soul.
I have never suggested violence against gay people. Never.

I have asked some very real questions and made some statements similar to the one you quoted, in regards to the political ramifications of granting special rights to gay people--such as how do we identify who is entitled to said "right" that was being created. But again...if you can't tell the difference between that, and a nut job muslim that wants to kill people, I guess there isn't much for us to talk about.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:59 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yep.

But fundies will be too afraid to click. And if a couple muster up the courage and actually watch it, their fundashield will protect them from facing the truth.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:12 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
If you can't see a difference between killing 49 people and me stating that your behavior is sinful when you ask, I don't know what I can do--because you're beyond reason.

I won't go as far as some here, but I will state that I believe you and others like Jeff have created a climate in which these things can happen, and in which some people rejoice that it happened . You cannot make , year after year, the denunciations and comparisons to bestiality and pedophilia ,claiming homosexuals are destroying America, Gods wrath is upon them with HIV and such, God sends earthquakes and hurricanes as punishment for accepting homosexuality , etc, etc, without it having an effect . You say you have the right to point out they are sinful by the standards of your religion, and that's fine . But have the courage and honesty to accept the climate you create concernin gays when you do this .

You have Christian pastors who have celebrated the deaths of 49 supposedly gay people. As far as I know they are still in their positions as pastors of a faith that is supposedly a loving faith . How is this possible ? It's possible because folks like you have made it acceptable to compare homosexuals to animals and blame natural disasters on them as punishment from God .

To the extent you create and foster this attitude towards them because you view them as sinful, you help create the climate for this to happen .

Old 06-16-2016, 10:14 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
We all should be upset about what happened here as it happened here on American soil. There was a time America was a very respected country and now it is some place that others just walk all over. This country is going down the tubes little by little, we need strong leadership, which has been lacking, God help us.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:21 AM

19,994 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
We all should be upset about what happened here as it happened here on American soil. There was a time America was a very respected country and now it is some place that others just walk all over. This country is going down the tubes little by little, we need strong leadership, which has been lacking, God help us.
In what way is our country "being walked all over" and disrespected?

What, in your view, constitutes "strong leadership"? What is "weak leadership"? Specifically?

Old 06-16-2016, 10:24 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I won't go as far as some here, but I will state that I believe you and others like Jeff have created a climate in which these things can happen, and in which some people rejoice that it happened . You cannot make , year after year, the denunciations and comparisons to bestiality and pedophilia ,claiming homosexuals are destroying America, Gods wrath is upon them with HIV and such, God sends earthquakes and hurricanes as punishment for accepting homosexuality , etc, etc, without it having an effect . You say you have the right to point out they are sinful by the standards of your religion, and that's fine . But have the courage and honesty to accept the climate you create concernin gays when you do this .

You have Christian pastors who have celebrated the deaths of 49 supposedly gay people. As far as I know they are still in their positions as pastors of a faith that is supposedly a loving faith . How is this possible ? It's possible because folks like you have made it acceptable to compare homosexuals to animals and blame natural disasters on them as punishment from God .

To the extent you create and foster this attitude towards them because you view them as sinful, you help create the climate for this to happen .
This MUSLIM nut job would have done it regardless of what Christians believe. Do you realize that in Iran they toss homosexuals off the top of buildings? And you compare that to us simply stating that it is sinful, and objecting to a political position?

Old 06-16-2016, 10:25 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
This MUSLIM nut job would have done it regardless of what Christians believe. Do you realize that in Iran they toss homosexuals off the top of buildings? And you compare that to us simply stating that it is sinful, and objecting to a political position?
And over here they strap gays to barbed wire fences in the middle of Wyoming like a cricifix..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality