Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2016, 10:29 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
We all should be upset about what happened here as it happened here on American soil. There was a time America was a very respected country and now it is some place that others just walk all over. This country is going down the tubes little by little, we need strong leadership, which has been lacking, God help us.
Perry. I agree. We walk all over women, the poor, and our LGBTQ brothers and sisters. All in the name of God. We have no right to demand respect when give none.

I have hope for change. Do not lose heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 10:39 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
This MUSLIM nut job would have done it regardless of what Christians believe. Do you realize that in Iran they toss homosexuals off the top of buildings? And you compare that to us simply stating that it is sinful, and objecting to a political position?
ZING!

Another deflection and abandonment of responsibility for your hateful words and attitudes toward the LGBT.

Or as you have often "wittily" referred to them: LGRTQRCNLMM

Old 06-16-2016, 10:40 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
If you can't see a difference between killing 49 people and me stating that your behavior is sinful when you ask, I don't know what I can do--because you're beyond reason.
I never asked, so keep your opinion of my "sins" to yourself.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:43 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
And over here they strap gays to barbed wire fences in the middle of Wyoming like a cricifix..
Or dump scalding water on us like in Georgia.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:48 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,126 times
My favorite Ex Muslim, Christian convert responded to the massacre with this tweet:

As an ex-Muslim who loves America and my Muslim family, my heart is hurting beyond expression.
Today we witnessed the worst mass shooting in American history: 50 tragically killed in an ‪#‎Orlando‬ gay bar. The authorities announced the details just a few minutes ago: it was Omar Mir Seddique Mateen, a devout American-born Muslim who had pledged his allegiance to ISIL. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/…/florida-gay-nightclub-shootin…/)
Mateen's father has said the shooting had "nothing to do with religion," and that his son may have committed this crime because he saw "two men kissing in Downtown Miami a couple months ago." But no one goes on a killing rampage for seeing two men kiss. Clearly there's more to this that his father doesn't see. I do not blame him, though. His son has just died, and he's not in a state to think clearly. We ought to be praying for him.
None of us can think entirely objectively, especially on the heels of a terrorist attack charged with so many political controversies. The rhetoric and agendas are flying, even though the dust has not yet settled. Gun control? Homophobia? Islamophobia?
As we are clouded by agendas and struggling to react, two opposing positions are coming to the fore: "Islam is a religion of peace and Mateen's actions therefore have nothing to do with Islam," or "Islam is inherently violent therefore we must see all Muslims as latent threats."
As an American and a former Muslim, my heart is torn by these two poles of rhetoric. Those who take the first position are endangering my country by overlooking the very real cause of Jihad, which are the teachings and history of Islam. Those who take the latter position are endangering my Muslim family and friends, loving and patriotic Muslims that are as innocent and American as the rest of us.
The fact is, the vast majority of Muslims are loving, peaceful people who would never want to hurt any American or homosexual. I know this because I was deeply rooted in the Muslim community, and not a single Muslim out of the thousands I knew were violent or harbored violent tendencies. (The community I am referring to is in Norfolk, Virginia, with Sunnis, Shias, and others attending the same mosque. It was an open-armed and diverse Muslim community.)
Regardless, Islam itself has always taught that gays should be executed. Muhammad commanded: "If you find anyone doing as Lot’s people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done." (Sunan Abu Daud 4447) Imams who have been trained in these Islamic teachings are teaching in our communities. Just three months ago, an imam who is well known for proclaiming Muhammad's teachings on homosexuality spoke in Orlando. In a prior speech about homosexuals he was noted to have said, "Let's get rid of them now." (video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlwxqqAprQ; news article:http://www.wftv.com/…/iranian-doctors-planned-tal…/185803158) The imam spoke at an Islamic center that is less than 20 miles from the site of today's atrocities. Some American-born Muslims, such as Omar, are taking teachings like these at face value, listening to their imams and following Muhammad.
How can we understand this dilemma? How do we not react against all Muslims despite the fact that Islam has always taught such violence? My answer is simple: truth and love. This may sound trite or fanciful, but I am not advocating a whimsical or baseless love, which would never stand in the face of Jihad. I think we must respond with a love grounded in truth and self-sacrifice, reflecting the person and heart of Jesus Christ. We need to acknowledge the truth about Islam while holding that in tension with a respect and love for Muslims. (If you want more on this, I wrote a book on the topic after San Bernardino, ‪#‎AnsweringJihad‬:http://www.nabeelqureshi.com/answering-jihad).
Orlando marks the beginning of a new phase in our nation's history: The worst mass-shooting on American soil is now an Islamist terror attack. Our country has to respond, and it will respond. I pray that those of you who have taken the time to read this (thank you) will be a voice for responding with truth and love.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:51 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
I have never suggested violence against gay people. Never.
But the god you love and worship has, do you deny that Viz?

So yea, you're kindof off that hook.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:55 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
But the god you love and worship has, do you deny that Viz?

So yea, you're kindof off that hook.
You do realize that I have stated emphatically on more than one occasion that I'm not God and i do not have a right to judge anyone, right? Nor have I suggested that ANYONE alive today is commanded to do any sort of violence.

So, to answer your question....no--God has not told us to harm anyone, nor has he suggested that they be harmed.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
And over here they strap gays to barbed wire fences in the middle of Wyoming like a cricifix..
Were they Christians? Do they do it repeatedly? How many instances of such an activity has been done in comparison to the homosexuals tossed off buildings in the Middle East? Does our government sanction such a thing?

I mean..seriously. Can you POSSIBLY show some critical thinking skills?

Old 06-16-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
ZING!

Another deflection and abandonment of responsibility for your hateful words and attitudes toward the LGBT.

Or as you have often "wittily" referred to them: LGRTQRCNLMM
Again...something is not right with you if you can't figure out the difference between disagreeing with a lifestyle and actively seeking to kill them.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I never asked, so keep your opinion of my "sins" to yourself.
You've joined discussions where it was being discussed. For the record I've never walked up to a random person and told them they were sinners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality