Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2016, 05:57 AM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
jeffy is always the victim in jeffyville.

It's always about poor jeffy's feelings, never the ones he tramples upon.

Rampant narcissism and completely blind to it, as are all true narcissists.
Nope, it's always about shifting the conversation towards a personal attack. My name should never come up in the discussion. The topic is the Orlando gay massacre, not jeffyville. But that's the game you play because you have no argument. I shouldn't be surprised. A spiritually dead person will speak death and anger. If I had dared called anyone gay a waste of oxygen, I can only imagine the furious outrage. But do it to me, and it's perfectly fine. The hypocrisy is stifling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 06:13 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Tsk, Trout. You called someone a waste of oxygen? That's not nice. Had he just suffered the devastating impact of a horrific and senseless act of murderous violence? Was he reeling with pain and grief and worry at the time?

Grow up Jeff. Please, and sincerely, for your own sake and others, grow up, look beyond yourself, and nurture that grain of kindness and compassion that is in you, somewhere.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:34 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Nope, it's always about shifting the conversation towards a personal attack. My name should never come up in the discussion. The topic is the Orlando gay massacre, not jeffyville. But that's the game you play because you have no argument. I shouldn't be surprised. A spiritually dead person will speak death and anger. If I had dared called anyone gay a waste of oxygen, I can only imagine the furious outrage. But do it to me, and it's perfectly fine. The hypocrisy is stifling.

Jeff , it seems you will never get that people respond to you the way you do because of the way you post here . It's a reaction to your never ending denigration of them and comparing them to pedophiles, people who have sex with animals, child molesters, and people who hate God . Is calling you a waste of oxygen over the top ? Yes , it is . But so are your posts , and people simply tire of your ongoing hate filled insults , and respond in angry ways to that from you .

I don't expect you to be willing to try and understand why you get this treatment , but I've tried a number of times to help you understand why you have the reputation you have around here .

You are a walking , talking example of what Gandhi meant in his quote about liking Christ, but not liking Christians, who seem so unlike the Christ they claim to follow .

Old 06-16-2016, 06:55 AM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Jeff , it seems you will never get that people respond to you the way you do because of the way you post here . It's a reaction to your never ending denigration of them and comparing them to pedophiles, people who have sex with animals, child molesters, and people who hate God . Is calling you a waste of oxygen over the top ? Yes , it is . But so are your posts , and people simply tire of your ongoing hate filled insults , and respond in angry ways to that from you .

I don't expect you to be willing to try and understand why you get this treatment , but I've tried a number of times to help you understand why you have the reputation you have around here .

You are a walking , talking example of what Gandhi meant in his quote about liking Christ, but not liking Christians, who seem so unlike the Christ they claim to follow .
You and your friends treat every single Christian who does not support homosexuality with the same hateful disrespect, mockery and insults. Behind the scenes, people have told me that they had to leave this forum because of the vile treatment given to Christians. And I've received quite a few reps for my posts in this exact thread so you can stop with the "everyone is against you" facade.

For once, just admit that it is not about me. I speak the truth, and that angers you so you have to vent it against me personally. I don't care what you think. Your opinion is just words on a computer screen. The thing that does grate on me is the this pompous self righteous postering and justification for treating others with extreme disrespect. I would never tell someone that they are a waste of oxygen. NEVER. That is about as low as you can go, but here you try to justify it, and that is truly sickening.

I challenge you to find a single post where I have said gay people are just like pedophiles or bestiality. A post where I made a direct comparison. No, I only compared situations.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:26 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Whatever. You can call them anything you want. According to your logic when a bible believing Christian (aka "fundie") gets murdered, you have blood on your hands. Besides, vast majority of Christians agree with homosexual acts being sinful, so its not just "fundies", but pretty much all Christians you hate.
Can you tell me when was the last time a bible believing fundie got murdered for being a bible believing fundie?

Old 06-16-2016, 07:34 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You and your friends treat every single Christian who does not support homosexuality with the same hateful disrespect, mockery and insults. Behind the scenes, people have told me that they had to leave this forum because of the vile treatment given to Christians. And I've received quite a few reps for my posts in this exact thread so you can stop with the "everyone is against you" facade.

For once, just admit that it is not about me. I speak the truth, and that angers you so you have to vent it against me personally. I don't care what you think. Your opinion is just words on a computer screen. The thing that does grate on me is the this pompous self righteous postering and justification for treating others with extreme disrespect. I would never tell someone that they are a waste of oxygen. NEVER. That is about as low as you can go, but here you try to justify it, and that is truly sickening.

I challenge you to find a single post where I have said gay people are just like pedophiles or bestiality. A post where I made a direct comparison. No, I only compared situations.

No Jeff , we do not . We point out the stupidity of those posts which make comparisons between homosexuality and bestiality and pedophilia, which you know you have done even if you want to claim you were just comparing situations, and who fight for the right to take rights away from gays simply because they are gay and your religion opposes that . I don't care one bit if you think homosexuality is a sin, as long as you don't try to abuse people or take away their rights because of your views .

Two other points . I never said everyone is against you, and I admitted calling you a waste of oxygen is over the top. So why do you continue to post like this ? Does being honest not mean anything to you ?

Quit spending 90% of your time whining and complaining about how people treat you . Grow up , and quit making Christians look like a bunch of crybabies . As you said, it's not about you , so quit making every disagreement into a personal attack on you .

In all my time participating in this and other forums I have never met anyone even slightly comparable to you in the amount of whining you do about how posters treat you . Good grief dude , grow up .

Old 06-16-2016, 09:08 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Whatever. You can call them anything you want. According to your logic when a bible believing Christian (aka "fundie") gets murdered, you have blood on your hands. Besides, vast majority of Christians agree with homosexual acts being sinful, so its not just "fundies", but pretty much all Christians you hate.
Obviously, you never tire of being wrong.

Consistency such as yours is almost admirable.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:09 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
[b]You've inserted yourself. Look at the media, they've shown Chick Filet serving people in the gay community to show despite their ties to belief, they will not share them with this killer. That's just what Christians will have to do to deny association for awhile. You were asked how you felt, you should just state as a Christian how you honestly feel. Defending yourself after pages and pages on gay condemnation will get you nowhere. Try to understand that. Be the bigger person and put your money where your mouth is.
Likewise, I've never called a gay person a name, denied them entrance in my church, or done anything to discriminate against a gay person. I used to work at a call center and sat right next to a gay man. We had some great conversations. He knew I was an evangelical Christian, and he did not make a secret of his views. I considered him a friend.
Quote:
Christianity will be linked by the idea that gays are punished by God. There is nothing you can do about it but to make it clear you will stop discriminating against gays.
I've never stated that gay people are going to get a punishment that is any different than any other sin.
Quote:

That you will not condone violence. That's the only choice for Christians is this situation.
You really ought to leave your presuppositions at the door. I'm willing to have an open mind, are you?
Quote:
I know it's uncomfortable but those tables have turned. Handle it with grace. People who don't share your belief are afraid of your beliefs now. Try and be understanding and reassuring. That's all. Defensive behavior just ruins your message.
Defensive behavior? I wouldn't defend myself if there weren't unjustified attacks.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Obviously, you never tire of being wrong.

Consistency such as yours is almost admirable.
In this case he isn't wrong. You made a dumb statement and now you're trying to say he's at fault.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I'm sorry, but the very same people that have been fighting against me having equal rights now want to cry and offer condolences? No. It comes off as fake and shallow. You who call us deviant, immoral, sick, evil, disgusting and worse have no right to now pull out the fake tears and concern over the death of those that just last week you were vilifying.

You can not treat me and my brothers and sisters as less than then turn around and feign support when we are slaughtered.

I have a friend that was in that club and died. My sister knows two of the men killed. I still can not locate another friend that may have been there. And you are trying to make yourselves look holy with your concern. Yeah, you can take that faux concern and shove it, because we all know that next week you will be back to your old nasty tune.
There is a difference between arguing that you should not have the right to redefine marriage and wanting to kill you and your peers. I have had gay friends in the past and we did disagree on issues, yet we were still friends. I'm sorry if you're unable to separate your emotions from the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality