Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2016, 01:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I've done nothing to harm you, or your's. You, on the other hand, equate a moral conviction with mass murder.

I will pray that God softens your heart and allows you to empathize with others. I'm sorry that you are so closed-minded and hateful. I'm not saying that out of spite, but I truly believe that you are in a place right now where you are upset with me and what I stand for, and I believe that you genuinely do blame me in some misguided way for a person of another religion that decided to murder 49 people. I'm sorry for where you are.
We see what you are. You fool no one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 01:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
I've done nothing to harm you, or your's. You, on the other hand, equate a moral conviction with mass murder.

I will pray that God softens your heart and allows you to empathize with others. I'm sorry that you are so closed-minded and hateful. I'm not saying that out of spite, but I truly believe that you are in a place right now where you are upset with me and what I stand for, and I believe that you genuinely do blame me in some misguided way for a person of another religion that decided to murder 49 people. I'm sorry for where you are.
Moral convictions are for yourself, not to be enforced on others. YOU worked towards forcing me to live based on your moral convictions. How would you like it if we made your religion illegal based on my moral convictions? I bet your would squeal like a stuck pig.

The only thing I am hateful towards if people that are hateful towards me, so enjoy what you have done, because it will come back to you. I hope you choke on a taste of your own medicine. As for your god, I stopped believing in mythical characters when I was a child.

If you want me to treat you with kindness and understanding, try doing the same towards me. Until then, oh well.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:23 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Quote:
But it's so true. We don't make special rules for every variation of marriage preference...why is homosexuality different?
Untrue and you know it . Marriage was defined as being between a man and a woman , and marrying the same gender was banned , as was marrying between races for a while . So instead of marriage being a generic union between any adults, it was specially defined as being between the opposite sex , and previously being between approved races . So what actually happened was that the special rules for various marriages was deleted and the general all purpose rule of marriage between consenting adults of any gender or race was instituted .

Quote:
Why don't we have incestual marriage? Why not polygamous? It's because society has deemed those things to be unnecessary, or harmful.
Incest is harmful, for obvious reasons . Polygamy opens legal issues our society cannot address at this time, and since marriage is a societal structure it is allowed to keep the institution within bounds it understands .

Gay marriage is nether harmful or too complex for our societal ways . As you well know , so a lame argument by you .

Quote:

Redefining marriage to suit the whims of a very small minority only serves to harm the institution of marriage. It certainly doesn't strengthen the family unit in America.
You have no proof that it has caused any harm . And you cannot prove that it hasn't improved some segments , however small the improvement . You are forced to make unsubstantiated claims due to a lack of any valid arguments .

However , this thread does not need to turn into a rehashing of 20 previous gay marriage threads . This is about the killing of 49 gay people and the Christian response to that . So let me ask you this . Should the preachers who preached in favor of killing gays or putting them behind electrified fences to die off be fired by their churches for their words ?

Old 06-17-2016, 01:42 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Quote:

You and Jeff go on about the right to state our conviction that gay marriage is wrong . But I wonder , why do you feel this need to attack non church member gays? Why do you think your religious rules should apply to non Christians, or liberal Christians ? Would you accept a Muslim telling you you needed to make your wife and daughters wear a hijab? Or accosting you in a restaurant for eating pork ? What about having a co worker repeatedly tell you ever day how sinful you were for not praying towards Mecca 5 times a day ? What about a Hindu trying to outlaw beef ?

In every instance I think your response would be some form of , "that's not my religion, so while you are welcome to practice your rules as you choose, please do not try to push them on me ".

So why do you feel the right to try and push your religious rules on society at large, rather than simply enforcing them in your life and in your sect , and leaving society alone as you would wish to be left alone by Muslims forcing Sharia law on you ?

Old 06-17-2016, 02:45 PM

63,820 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The bigotry you can't stand is your own being exposed by your incredibly hard-hearted response to this tragedy and your complete lack of Christ's love in your self-righteousness. This tragedy holds up a mirror to your own bigotry and hard-heartedness forcing you to project it onto other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
We see what you are. You fool no one.
But he is distracting the discussion away from his bigotry and hard-heartedness to the SSM issue.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:54 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't need you, or anyone to tell me what I do, or what I believe. I read you, Warden etc flat out lie about other people, and their beliefs, and I will simply call a lie for what it is. Sorry if it offends you.
Apparently you didn't read what I was calling you out about either, but what could I expect?

Old 06-17-2016, 02:57 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
You were required to marry the same as anyone else, regardless of gender or sexual choices.

And from my perspective, you advocate for laws that harm us. In this country we also have the right to life, liberty,and the pursuit of happiness. You had the right to marry--the same rights I had. That wasn't good enough and you wanted different rights to suit your minority.
Back in the day you would have said, "You have the right to sit at your section of the counter just like I do."

Old 06-17-2016, 03:04 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Back in the day you would have said, "You have the right to sit at your section of the counter just like I do."
Keep spouting that nonsense. I'm sure there will be those that will happily applaud it as if it's actually true.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:05 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
But he is distracting the discussion away from his bigotry and hard-heartedness to the SSM issue.
I'm not the one that is so fragile that I can't stand to have someone tell me they disagree politically. I'm not calling anyone equal to a mass murderer because we have different convictions.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:19 PM

63,820 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not the one that is so fragile that I can't stand to have someone tell me they disagree politically. I'm not calling anyone equal to a mass murderer because we have different convictions.
Nonsense. Your attempt to disavow your complicity in fostering and promoting the attitude and social environment that encourages such atrocity is an epic fail. I had little hope for enlightening you, but this utter lack of compassion and empathy in the wake of such an atrocity has revealed a side of you and your dark soul that I despair of ever reaching you. I pity your congregation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality