Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 06:51 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Unless you are a muslim or a muslim sympathizer, you already know this. Keep your head buried in the sand if that suits you, and your beliefs.

I sympathize with every religion who has fundamentalist extremists.

This was a self loathing gay fundamentalist ideologue. Muslim

Robert Dear is a fundamentalist ideologue. Christian.

I am a Muslim sympathizer.

I am a Christian sympathizer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 06:54 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
News flash Jeff....Respect has to be earned, and you have failed dismally in that regard.....In fact all you have earned here is disgust and loathing as far as I'm concerned....
And that's the difference between good Christians and people of your ilk. We believe in treating all people with kindness and friendliness. We don't demand that they work and EARN our approval first.

I was treated poorly from day one here so take your blame game elsewhere. I was called a waste of oxygen. Can you get any more darker than that? That's dehumanizing Nazi talk so congrats on your friends sinking to that new low.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeall View Post
Jeff, we know he wasn't radicalized by Christians, as he used guns to kill innocent gay people. Your good book wants the reader to stone sinners to death. Same sentiment, different weapon. Jeff, you're always telling us, "God's view never changes" so death by stoning for so called "abominable sins" must still stand.

On your mark, get set, SPIN!
For the nth time, God created those severe punishments for the Israelities ONLY so sin would stay out of their tribes completely. We are saved by grace now which means our sin death penalty has been paid by Christ. So why would God demand that we pay a death penalty for a debt already paid? But I already know your side can't be reasoned with. Despite it being illogical and un-Biblical, you are going to continue making this argument because it makes Christianity look bad.

You know, if you are going to shift blame on Christians for this horrific slaughter of innocents then it's only fair to blame ATHEISTS with their angry anti-Christian rhetoric for the murders of Christians like this one:

Quote:

Another account came from Autumn Vicari, who described to NBC News what her brother J.J. witnessed in the room where the shootings occurred. According to NBC: “Vicari said at one point the shooter told people to stand up before asking whether they were Christian or not. Vicari’s brother told her that anyone who responded ‘yes’ was shot in the head. If they said ‘other’ or didn’t answer, they were shot elsewhere in the body, usually the leg.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-of-cowardice/

But I wouldn't do that because I believe accountability falls on the shooter and the shooter ALONE.

Last edited by jeffbase40; 06-14-2016 at 07:08 AM..

Old 06-14-2016, 07:01 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Jeff the issue people have with you, as has repeatedly been pointed out by numerous posters, is your method of avoidance when asked tough questions .

Case in point . You were willing to argue that Knapp didn't really mean what he said until I linked an actual audio of him saying, in context , that he thought the government should execute homosexuals . Did you come back and admit Knapp did indeed say what he denied saying? No, you have simply disappeared on that line of discussion. That sort of avoidance behavior earns you scorn from others . I have been wrong before , and I have always admitted to it when it happened and owned my mistake . You never do. You simply disappear and make claims about being swamped with posts , or you start complaining about how mean people are to you . But you never seem to get it that it is this type of behavior that gets you the responses you complain about .

Old 06-14-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Jeff the issue people have with you, as has repeatedly been pointed out by numerous posters, is your method of avoidance when asked tough questions .

Case in point . You were willing to argue that Knapp didn't really mean what he said until I linked an actual audio of him saying, in context , that he thought the government should execute homosexuals . Did you come back and admit Knapp did indeed say what he denied saying? No, you have simply disappeared on that line of discussion. That sort of avoidance behavior earns you scorn from others . I have been wrong before , and I have always admitted to it when it happened and owned my mistake . You never do. You simply disappear and make claims about being swamped with posts , or you start complaining about how mean people are to you . But you never seem to get it that it is this type of behavior that gets you the responses you complain about .
You were boasting yesterday how no one would tackle post #140. I did, and of course, you won't even give me credit for that. This is the typical unfair tactic that your side uses. First you gang up, overwhelming the Christian with posts and then boast how you ran them off or they are ignoring your question when in reality, I simply don't have time or energy to tackle a dozen rapid fire responses at once.

I have never ONCE seen an atheist admit to being wrong. You are extremely defensive and eventually resort to flat out insults when you have nothing in the gas tank to combat my valid points. I have admitted to being wrong before. I admitted that I was wrong last year to defend Josh Duggar. And yet your side keeps throwing that in my face. Doesn't matter what I say really. I'll always get the same negative responses from atheists because deep down, this is about hating God and you project that resentment on God's followers.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
Why do you think there is anything to approve of, or agree with, on the subject of LGBT?

Because that would suggest either.....
(A) you acknowledge it is natural for some people to be attracted to the same sex, yet ought to resist this to avoid punishment
(B) you don't think it is natural for some people to be attracted to the same sex, and yet they resist their more natural attractions for some reason.
(C) satan

Which of these require your approval?
It is natural for people to sin, which is why we all sin. Nothing requires my approval. Feel free to do whatever you want.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:36 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post

Exactly wallflash! Any time he gets called out on something, or shown to be wrong on something, he simply disappears. Then come back later with something like this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You were boasting yesterday how no one would tackle post #140. I did, and of course, you won't even give me credit for that. This is the typical unfair tactic that your side uses. First you gang up, overwhelming the Christian with posts and then boast how you ran them off or they are ignoring your question when in reality, I simply don't have time or energy to tackle a dozen rapid fire responses at once.

I have never ONCE seen an atheist admit to being wrong. You are extremely defensive and eventually resort to flat out insults when you have nothing in the gas tank to combat my valid points. I have admitted to being wrong before. I admitted that I was wrong last year to defend Josh Duggar. And yet your side keeps throwing that in my face. Doesn't matter what I say really. I'll always get the same negative responses from atheists because deep down, this is about hating God and you project that resentment on God's followers.
Deflect deflect deflect.

So you are not going to admit to being wrong about Knapp, then? Just gonna ignore that whole thing and hope it goes away?

You are flat out lying when you say you have never seen an atheist admit to being wrong. You know how I know this? I have admitted being wrong about things to YOU before. I have even apologized to you for it. So you are either lying, or your memory is failing you.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:36 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

You tried to deal with one instance of post 140, that being Pastor Knapp . I have since posted a link to the actual audio showing in context that he did in fact call for the government to kill gays . You have ignored his issue since then, and you have not addressed any of the other instances that were detailed in the post .

So since you only chose to address one out of four or five, and I have rebutted your claims on that one with actual audio of the preacher saying the government should kill gays and that anyone who thought he was horrible for saying that was disputing Gods word , what exactly do you think you should get credit for ? Not one point of post 140 has been refuted .

Old 06-14-2016, 07:49 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is natural for people to sin, which is why we all sin. Nothing requires my approval. Feel free to do whatever you want.
So why does a a loving god punish us for doing what is natural? Wouldn't that be like punishing a fish for swimming in water?

Old 06-14-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So why does a a loving god punish us for doing what is natural? Wouldn't that be like punishing a fish for swimming in water?

It's not natural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality