Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 10:57 AM

27,542 posts, read 28,630,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Feel free to believe, or not believe, anything you want.
Just like Greek mythology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 11:10 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Hmmm...You can't prove your claim, so you deflected and tried to make me look bad. Plus! You pulled the Muslim card! I'll bet you thought that was a brilliant move on your part. Lump 'em in with the Muslims!

Well .....that didn't work. Should you somehow be able to actually back up your up your claim....the invitation to post proof remains open. If you have proof, I'll read it.
Oh my gosh! Whay am I going to do?! I can't convince you that I'm right- I'll lay awake all night!! I don't have to prove anything- I'm like you- I believe I'm right-adios.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:37 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Oh my gosh! Whay am I going to do?! I can't convince you that I'm right- I'll lay awake all night!! I don't have to prove anything- I'm like you- I believe I'm right-adios.
HATE and DISCRIMINATION are NEVER right, even if your god endorses it.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:45 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And he also said that he absolutely does not think the government should be killing gays. I quoted it so at best, you have a stalemate.
No, not a stalemate . What you quoted is Knapp trying to cover his arse after he was caught being honest in his views when he thought he was saying it in private . What we can learn from Knapp is this.

He is a coward . While he dared his own congregation to regard his statements as wrong, he quickly changed his story when it went national .

He is a liar . He claims to not have said what we have audio showing he said, and his explanation is a lie . He was talking about believing our current government should kill gays, not discussing OT history .

You and some other Christians seem to be willing to accept being lied to . Knapp has lied to Christians about what he said, yet you seem neither to be upset at a Christian pastor calling for gays to be killed or upset that this pastor would lie in defending himself .

Quote:
Even so, where is your proof that Knapp's viewpoint represents mainstream Christianity? It doesn't. And until you can prove that, these posts about a handful of loud mouthed preachers is meaningless.
Nobody has said that these guys represent mainstream Christianity or a majority of Christians. What has been said is that these types aren't limited to the fringe churches like Westboro or maybe even the Christian Identity types . These guys in post 140 are in regular churches whose preachers are preaching this type of hate , and they are still pastoring these churches even after having said these things . They are in your midst, and people aren't going to distinguish between some crazy loudmouth Baptist calling for the deaths of gays and a sensible Baptist who thinks these guys are extreme , anymore than you would bother separating the decent imams from the crazy ones calling for killing Americans .

They are a stain upon Christianity, and only decent Christians can deal with them .

Old 06-14-2016, 12:11 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,760,459 times
Here is an article that describes from one Christian's perspective of why Bible God doesn't answer prayers for homosexual desires to go away. Read the stupidity in it's entirety. She says that God does not take away the desires and thoughts so that the person can grow closer to God. That among other things. Now if this person goes on to commit suicide because of their inability to reconcile their desires, then I say blood is on the hands of Bible God. Especially since Bible God is all knowing. For those Christians who think that I'm giving a pass to Islam, think again. As I mention on these forums, Islam is just as sick a faith as Christianity as the Quran preaches against homosexuality and says such things as death to infidels. These are barbaric religions along with other religions that this planet would be better off without.

https://www.probe.org/why-doesnt-god...-gay-feelings/

Old 06-14-2016, 12:15 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
We know how many fundamentalist Christians on this board feel about homosexuality and how "depraved and sinful" it is. That is a given.

Many of us suspect that the negative feelings toward gays and lesbians are challenged only by the negative perspectives of Muslims in general.

As such, what response do the fundamentalist Christians have towards this horrible act of possible domestic terrorism, but certainly a hate crime no doubt fueled by the same teachings against homosexuality that both fundamentalist Christians and Muslims adhere to.

Do you deep down, viscerally feel abhorrence to this massacre? Do you deep down in your heart have a touch of, "Meh, they were gay, so who cares."? Are you angry because a Muslim did this?

Why are these questions asked? Because we have seen so much vitriol against homosexuals on this board that one has to wonder if everyone has empathy towards those killed.
The sin of gay people is no worse than the sins of anyone else. No Christian should rejoice at something like this happening. It's a horrible thing.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:48 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Not only do we live in a world where Muslim terrorists slaughter people, we live in a world where Christians cheer them on and lament that the government isn't doing the same.

Quote:
A Sacramento Baptist preacher’s sermon praising an attack on an Orlando nightclub that killed 50 people has the local LGBT community outraged.

“Are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?” he said in the sermon. “Um no, I think that’s great! I think that helps society. I think Orlando, Florida is a little safer tonight.”

The remarks were delivered on Sunday morning, hours after the attack happened.
Quote:
Jimenez’s sermon went on to call for even more death at the hands of the government.

“If we lived in a righteous government, they should round them all up and put them up against a firing wall, and blow their brains out,” Jimenez said in the sermon.
Sacramento Baptist Preacher Praises Orlando Gay Nightclub Attack « CBS Sacramento

Old 06-14-2016, 12:57 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
..... and now you are trying to turn your obvious error into an accusation that liberals are claiming that anything done in nature is not wrong? Duplicity multiplied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Cool story bro. Unfortunately I can't be in error about something I have not commented on. Why do you always resort to these kinds of tactics?
I quoted and highlighted your statement: "Anyone who says "I don't have to stop sinning, since sinning is natural", he is basically saying "I could care less what Jesus says". Now you are worming out of that statement by saying that you did not directly accuse liberals of saying that? Or are you saying that you never said anything about homosexuality being unnatural?

"Slippery" indeed.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:58 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Not only do we live in a world where Muslim terrorists slaughter people, we live in a world where Christians cheer them on and lament that the government isn't doing the same.

Sacramento Baptist Preacher Praises Orlando Gay Nightclub Attack « CBS Sacramento
Now let's wait for the No True Scotsman apologists.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:00 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

I hereby condemn that sort of speech outright. Please say no Christians are condemning it--because I, as a member of the clergy--outright condemn it. I am certain many other Christians do, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality