Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 09:05 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Here is what those disgusting, loathsome, hateful, bigoted Christians did again.

Chick Fil A Did WHAT After Gay Club Shooting? Why Isn't This Viral? ⋆ Dc Gazette

instead of making a single dime, they crated the product of their labor to the One Blood donation center. The food and drinks were handed out, free of charge, , to all the people who had lined up to donate blood.

But, wait, those people were waiting to give blood to victims that were mostly gay people. Doesn’t Chick Fil A hate gays? That’s what we keep being told.

Turns out, that while the founders definitely don’t approve of that choice of lifestyle, they believe in compassion. Who knew? A bunch of people claiming to be Christians care about others even when they don’t agree with them.
The Chic Fi A 'scandal' of a couple of years ago were far overblown in my perspective as an atheist and supporter of equal rights for everyone, including LGBT. Good for Chick Fil A.

Not so good for those that would use their 'holy books' to denounce LGBT people, and I don't care what religion you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 09:06 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Unless you are a muslim or a muslim sympathizer, you already know this. Keep your head buried in the sand if that suits you, and your beliefs.
In other words, as usual, a Christian makes an assertion, and will not or can not back it up. What a pattern. How predictable.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:09 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
When I said it is natural to sin (any sin), I meant that since everyone has sinned, it is 'natural' in that sense. Jesus taught we should come to Him, and 'sin no more'. Anyone who says "I don't have to stop sinning, since sinning is natural", he is basically saying "I could care less what Jesus says". Some are honest enough to say they don't care what Jesus says, while some others pretend they care, when their actions prove they don't.
If anyone were saying that, you might have a point, but no one is.

Fundamentalists brought up the claim that same sex desires and/or activity is not natural as an argument against allowing it. You have been shown that it is something that occurs quite normally in nature among many species, and now you are trying to turn your obvious error into an accusation that liberals are claiming that anything done in nature is not wrong? Duplicity multiplied.

Since your claim that same sex relations are not natural has been refuted, can you go on and show how in any way same sex relations is harmful in ways that heterosexual relations are not? THAT would give you something worth pursuing, but you have been repeatedly challenged on this and you can only come up with "the Bible says."

You have been challenged on your perception of the intent of the Biblical quotes you use to condemn same sex and can come up with nothing but "That's what I believe it means."

Finn, your arguments are bankrupt and have been demonstrated to be so, yet you continue in them. This is known as bigotry.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:11 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It's not natural.
THE FISH OR THE SIN? Does FINN lie??

Quote:
It is natural for people to sin, which is why we all sin. Nothing requires my approval. Feel free to do whatever you want.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:13 AM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Why would you think that a duck engaging in sex with a dead duck refutes the idea that bisexual sex among bonobos is natural ?

How many ducks have been observed having sex with dead ducks ? Is it something common to all ducks, or an aberrant behavior observed in only one or a few ducks that may simply have brain issues, or have had their behavior altered by captivity ?

For necrophilia sex to be natural to ducks it would need to be shown to be something that occurs in all ducks of that species . And then we could try and figure out the reason why, which would of course then be natural for ducks if the entire species engages in this behavior . But it's possible this is just aberrant behavior by one that isn't natural to ducks in general, just like it's not natural for dogs to attack and chew their own tails even though some obviously disturbed dogs do this .

So typical, whenever you are challenge, you twist things by putting new conditions. Oh so, now I have to prove a majority of ducks are doing it. And if I do that, you'll come up with some new restriction. Yeah uh huh.

Why do you think it's natural for humans to be bisexual because an animal is doing it? Animals operate on instinct and personal interest, not morality. The bottom line is God created heterosexuality for humans.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
That book you quote and think is the ultimate truth given to you by some sky fairy has the same type of vitriol and hate in it as the Muslim one, almost word for word when it comes to homosexuals. Both are ugly, ugly representations of what bronzed aged desert societies felt, and we should have run away from them centuries ago.

Shame that you would promote such hatred.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

Mark 12:30-31

So much hatred there, right? The fact that you need to refer to God in a derogatory fashion as "sky fairy" only demonstrates your own vitriol against Christianity.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:19 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
So typical, whenever you are challenge, you twist things by putting new conditions. Oh so, now I have to prove a majority of ducks are doing it. And if I do that, you'll come up with some new restriction. Yeah uh huh.

Why do you think it's natural for humans to be bisexual because an animal is doing it? Animals operate on instinct and personal interest, not morality. The bottom line is God created heterosexuality for humans.
Jeff, I asked you before for the background material on necrophilia in animals, why don't you just provide a link or directions for us to find it and establish some woefully lacking credibility?

Old 06-14-2016, 09:23 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If anyone were saying that, you might have a point, but no one is.

Fundamentalists brought up the claim that same sex desires and/or activity is not natural as an argument against allowing it. You have been shown that it is something that occurs quite normally in nature among many species, and now you are trying to turn your obvious error into an accusation that liberals are claiming that anything done in nature is not wrong? Duplicity multiplied.

Since your claim that same sex relations are not natural has been refuted, can you go on and show how in any way same sex relations is harmful in ways that heterosexual relations are not? THAT would give you something worth pursuing, but you have been repeatedly challenged on this and you can only come up with "the Bible says."

You have been challenged on your perception of the intent of the Biblical quotes you use to condemn same sex and can come up with nothing but "That's what I believe it means."

Finn, your arguments are bankrupt and have been demonstrated to be so, yet you continue in them. This is known as bigotry.
Neatly done. Finn is slippery, yet you filleted him.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeall View Post

I knew I was going to get a lame excuse from you. Why would god expect one group of people not to commit sin, when everyone sins? If god's view of sin never changes, why have severe punishments for only one group of sinners? I'm sure you will continue to keep the OT in play, as long as it supports your case. There is nothing more amusing than watching Christian extremists on the forum, scramble to deny that their anti-gay dogma is similar to that of Islamic extremists.
As I predict, you stubbornly refuse to accept my very clear simple to understand explanation about OT law. You know, I'll just leave it there. It's obviously that it is your OWN bigotry and hate for Christians like us that you have to lie and label us as extremists and violent people. I have no time or respect for someone who has to resort to extreme dishonesty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeall View Post

Jeff, here is another similarity for you to consider, the subject of homosexuality took more precedence in the killer's mind than it does in the Koran, the same way homosexuality takes more precedence in your mind, than in does in the Bible. Be careful, Jeff you are heading down the wrong path.
There is no similarity. I have a desire to love and help people. Not hurt them. People like you do make me mad because I just can't stand liars, but that's as far as it goes with me.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:38 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Quote:

You mean that it doesn't make sense to you that if it's only one or a few ducks observed doing this it may not be natural for ducks ? I'm not sure what you think the point would be anyway , but use your head, if most ducks don't engage in this behavior then it is an aberrant behavior by one or a few ducks for some reason, and not a natural tendency of all ducks .

Quote:

Because the standard line from conservative Christians is that homosexuals are acting against nature and rebelling against God by their homosexuality . If this is a natural behavior of animals also , then it is not something against nature , and is not a thought out rebellion against God .

Really dude, put some thought into your responses .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality