Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 08:10 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It's not natural.
You know what isn't natural? Religion. It is learned.

As for homosexuality, for the love of God, do some research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 08:13 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,215,346 times
Quote:
It's not natural.
How would you characterize "natural" then?

Is changing a tire natural?

Is drinking soda natural?

Is cutting your hair natural?

What exactly makes an action natural, or unnatural?

Old 06-14-2016, 08:20 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Quote:
It's not natural.

Explain why bonobos engage in sex routinely with all genders. Bonobos are more sexually active and more liberal about sex than their very close cousins the chimpanzees , and also much less violent . Chimps are less sexual but resolve disputes through violence , and even wage war . Bonobos are more peaceful than chimps, and seem to resolve disputes through communal sex.

All in all a much healthier way of dealing with conflict , IMO .

Old 06-14-2016, 08:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
It's not natural.
When I said it is natural to sin (any sin), I meant that since everyone has sinned, it is 'natural' in that sense. Jesus taught we should come to Him, and 'sin no more'. Anyone who says "I don't have to stop sinning, since sinning is natural", he is basically saying "I could care less what Jesus says". Some are honest enough to say they don't care what Jesus says, while some others pretend they care, when their actions prove they don't.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:27 AM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
You know what isn't natural? Religion. It is learned.

As for homosexuality, for the love of God, do some research.
I did. I found out animals do a lot of things we would consider immoral and unnatural. So please don't give me the animal kingdom argument.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:29 AM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Explain why bonobos engage in sex routinely with all genders. Bonobos are more sexually active and more liberal about sex than their very close cousins the chimpanzees , and also much less violent . Chimps are less sexual but resolve disputes through violence , and even wage war . Bonobos are more peaceful than chimps, and seem to resolve disputes through communal sex.

All in all a much healthier way of dealing with conflict , IMO .
Explain why ducks have sex with dead ducks. With your logic, that practice is perfectly natural and fine to do.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:39 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Quote:
Explain why ducks have sex with dead ducks. With your logic, that practice is perfectly natural and fine to do.

Why would you think that a duck engaging in sex with a dead duck refutes the idea that bisexual sex among bonobos is natural ?

How many ducks have been observed having sex with dead ducks ? Is it something common to all ducks, or an aberrant behavior observed in only one or a few ducks that may simply have brain issues, or have had their behavior altered by captivity ?

For necrophilia sex to be natural to ducks it would need to be shown to be something that occurs in all ducks of that species . And then we could try and figure out the reason why, which would of course then be natural for ducks if the entire species engages in this behavior . But it's possible this is just aberrant behavior by one that isn't natural to ducks in general, just like it's not natural for dogs to attack and chew their own tails even though some obviously disturbed dogs do this .

Old 06-14-2016, 08:51 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is natural for people to sin, which is why we all sin. Nothing requires my approval. Feel free to do whatever you want.

Sinning should be the most difficult thing in the world. Yet, it comes easy and naturally to you.

You are disrespecting the sacrifice Jesus made for you.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:58 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Never ending attacks on Christ followers here.

Remember what Jesus said:

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you
You realize, many of us see that book you are quoting as just another fairy tale. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, and there is NO proof outside of that book you quote.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:02 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
What have I said to deserve your judgment and attacks?

Are you minding your own business?

You are not minding your own business, since you are throwing sticks and stones. A muslim mass-murders innocent people, and you make it your business to attack Christians.

You are doing EXACTLY the thing which you say deserves attacks, and yet no one is attacking you, while you are attacking them. You are a hypocrite.

That book you quote and think is the ultimate truth given to you by some sky fairy has the same type of vitriol and hate in it as the Muslim one, almost word for word when it comes to homosexuals. Both are ugly, ugly representations of what bronzed aged desert societies felt, and we should have run away from them centuries ago.

Shame that you would promote such hatred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality