Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 07:48 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
According to reporting tonight he had visited the gay night club he shot up many times and was known to many in the local LGBT community because he was trying to hook up with people via gay-oriented dating apps.

Classic self-loathing projected outward.
Interesting information if that means the religion part is completely not related to what happened. Still, other reports indicate he sworn allegiance to terrorists.

The key is that he is not religious; he was simply a bigoted, violent nut who, at the end, used religion to justify murder. That is not the way of any proper religion - Islam, Christianity, or any of the others - and his actions are far close in kind to "Christian" bigots than actual Muslims.

Bigotry knows no limits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 08:17 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
All you can do is insult.
Nonsense. Should you ever make a post that illustrates you do more than rail against the gay community and complain about your fellow posters and if you post something that I feel shows you are growing more accepting of the LGBT community.....I will be happy to give you a rep. So far it's not looking too good....but I keep hope alive.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:28 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
According to reporting tonight he had visited the gay night club he shot up many times and was known to many in the local LGBT community because he was trying to hook up with people via gay-oriented dating apps.

Classic self-loathing projected outward.
Self-loathing instilled via religious intolerance and reinforced by a prejudiced society.

Take a bow, religion.

More slaughter to add to your slate.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:01 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Are you really this ignorant about the Bible? No Mosaic law DOES NOT APPLY TO MODERN DAY CHRISTIANS. Geez, how many times do I have to explain this? You fail at Christianity 101.

Azz? lol Nice job. Now you resort to ugly profanity. Great example of a Christian there. Take your hate elsewhere. I'm one click away from throwing you on my block list. I can only handle so much foul stench from your rotten garbage posts.

Anything you recommend to me goes right in the garbage where it belongs. Show me some respect if you want me to listen to you.
News flash Jeff....Respect has to be earned, and you have failed dismally in that regard.....In fact all you have earned here is disgust and loathing as far as I'm concerned....

Old 06-13-2016, 10:07 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are also proving my point. People are using the massacre as an opportunity to attack Christians.
No, no....There are many, many so called Christians that invite and deserve to be attacked for their bigotry. I have no problem with Christians who mind their own business and do not pronounce judgements on others....You unfortunately are not one of those.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:28 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
So how are we looking at this sad event with new updates?

A gay man killed fellow gays?

Old 06-14-2016, 12:33 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So how are we looking at this sad event with new updates?

A gay man killed fellow gays?
no
A Muslim who pledged allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi executed a planned terror attack and mentioned the Tsarnaev brothers who orchestrated the Boston Marathon bombings of 2013 , during the Orlando shooting on a 911 call; he and his wife had scouted other sites for the planned terror attack including Disney World.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:40 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
no
A Muslim who pledged allegiance to the caliphate, who had scoped out other sites including Disney World executed a planned terror attack
He went to the club over a period of 3 years and was on gay dating sites. It puts a whole new spin on the tragedy.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:27 AM

10,065 posts, read 7,239,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
He went to the club over a period of 3 years and was on gay dating sites. It puts a whole new spin on the tragedy.
Yeah, the more that comes out about him, the more similarities there are to "regular" mass shootings (unfortunately these are facts of life in America now). Loner, angry, obsessed. He was inspired by radical Islamism but with information coming out, more and more he looks less like a true believer and more like a fanboy. His internet activity raised some red flags but even to the FBI he just looked like a kook.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:44 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Yeah, the more that comes out about him, the more similarities there are to "regular" mass shootings (unfortunately these are facts of life in America now). Loner, angry, obsessed. He was inspired by radical Islamism but with information coming out, more and more he looks less like a true believer and more like a fanboy. His internet activity raised some red flags but even to the FBI he just looked like a kook.
wow. thats how bad it has become. A "regular" mass murder. I hate to say it, but I have often thought "ah, just another car bomb in a foreign market place". shame on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality