Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 06:55 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And most Christians would agree with him. We don't believe God was cruel barbaric and evil in his OT laws. They served a specific purpose that fulfilled with the death of Christ. That purpose was to keep the cancer of sin out of the tribes of Israel so God's chosen people would not be destroyed. He never says that he believes those laws still apply. Otherwise, we would still be out there sacrificing goats and lambs.

Now we agree with the New Convenant where we are saved by grace, not by strict obedience to a rule book. I'm sure you will reject this truth because you NEED us to hate gays to keep your false stereotype ugliness going. It's sad and intellectually dishonest.
You don't hate them, you just enjoy it when they are treated by society in a barbaric fashion. Makes you look so loving---glorifying yourself over "others." It's no wonder millinneals are abandoning the church. They are smarter than you whether or not they are atheists or agnostics. Many practice a humanity resembling Jesus. There is nothing about any post of yours that I have ever read that comes close to resembling Him. Mostly your posts mock everything He taught.

But you still have an opportunity to escape the hell you have created for yourself. Educate yourself instead of continually revealing your biblical ignorance.

Get a virtual subscription to the Plough.com and read the Craig Atwood article on the Jesus Indians of Ohio, a group of Indians who converted to Christianity during Seven Years Wars, when both English colonists and the French Army recruited Native Americans to fight on their side. A group of Moravian missionaries converted their Indians and taught them non-violence in the middle of a violent war full of atrocities.

But English colonists had learned of the massacre of some of their own and wanted revenge. Peaceful Indians simply weren't allowed. They captured the small tribe and informed them they would all be executed. Their "kindness" which reminded me of you, was the Indians were allowed the night to pray before being murdred as savages. here is part of the extensive article:

" Throughout the night the Native American Brethren confessed their sins, comforted one another, and sang hymns to Christ their Savior. The next day, the white militia murdered ninety-six people. Two boys who managed to hide under bodies bore witness to the atrocity and the courage of the martyrs. According to their report, there were two “killing houses,” one for men and one for women. Most were killed by mallets and tomahawks, and militia members scalped many of those killed, some while they were still alive. Nearly half of the victims were children. According to one participant: “Nathan Rollins had tomahawked nineteen of the poor Moravians, & after it was over he sat down & cried, & said it was no satisfaction for the loss of his father & uncle after all.”

After the killing spree was over, the militia looted the town and burned the buildings with the bodies in them. Later, Moravian missionary John Heckewelder visited the site and buried the remains of the martyrs. None of the militia members who participated in the massacre were ever brought to justice, though some were killed by non-Moravian Lenape out of revenge. British authorities granted Zeisberger permission to take the remaining members of his Lenape and Mohican congregation to Canada where they would be safer. Ontario’s Moraviantown traces its origins to these refugees from Ohio."
---------
Sadly, Canada even then was a haven for people fleeing the U.S. for protection from vengeance. At least our neighbors to the north have more compassion than idiotic fundamentalists like you and jimmie and FinnJarber who see all Muslims as evil and would kill them for what they believe not what they do. The assumption which you frightened little bigots have is that everyone in this group or that which is not YOUR group should be killed or driven out.

You are all basically selfish, self-centered individuals worried about yourselves and willing to take any steps to protect what is YOURS. That is now and always has been the opposite of Jesus' life and teaching.

May God reward you in the fashion you wish those "others" to be treated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 06:59 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Do you or do you not agree the bible calls for death to those "abominations?" Do you or do you not agree with your god's perfect "word." If you agree with it what is different between you and that mass murderer who carried out those godly executions. If you don't then you are admitting much in your perfect "word" is so much BS.
Are you really this ignorant about the Bible? No Mosaic law DOES NOT APPLY TO MODERN DAY CHRISTIANS. Geez, how many times do I have to explain this? You fail at Christianity 101.

Quote:

Either way you look like either an azz or the putrid hypocrite you frequently portray to us.
Azz? lol Nice job. Now you resort to ugly profanity. Great example of a Christian there. Take your hate elsewhere. I'm one click away from throwing you on my block list. I can only handle so much foul stench from your rotten garbage posts.

Quote:

Try this book:
INSPIRATION AND INCARNATIONS and the Problem of the Old Testament,by Peter Enns who writes in his forward:

"Rather than supporting a suspicious or defensive posture, Inspiration and Incarnation has helped students resolve at least some tensions between their faith in God and modern scholarship by showing that many of the “problems” allegedly caused by the modern study of Scripture are really problems with faulty expectations of how the Bible “should” work perpetuated within evangelicalism."
---------
You've once again been given an opportunity.
"Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh;" Genesis 6:3a
Anything you recommend to me goes right in the garbage where it belongs. Show me some respect if you want me to listen to you.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
You don't hate them, you just enjoy it when they are treated by society in a barbaric fashion. Makes you look so loving---glorifying yourself over "others." It's no wonder millinneals are abandoning the church. They are smarter than you whether or not they are atheists or agnostics. Many practice a humanity resembling Jesus. There is nothing about any post of yours that I have ever read that comes close to resembling Him. Mostly your posts mock everything He taught.
This from a man who insults, uses profanity, makes up lies and acts flat out hateful. Hopefully intelligent people out here can see where through your pompous garbage. Speaking of garbage, I'll just flush the rest of your bloated carcass of a post below. Sad that you claim to be a Christian yet obviously harbor a sickening level of HATRED of God's people and the Bible. WOW.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

Azz? lol Nice job. Now you resort to ugly profanity.
Says the guy who uses the word "freakin" when replying to his fellow posters when we all know what he really means. Really, Jeff....thou doest protest too much.

p.s. Ass is another word for donkey. Perhaps that is what Warden had in mind. In which case....it is not profanity.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:11 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,234,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Give me a break! Have you been in isolation for the last 36 hours? He was an Islamic terrorist!
Did I say otherwise? I was refuting that he was a refugee.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Says the guy who uses the word "freakin" when replying to his fellow posters when we all know what he really means. Really, Jeff....thou doest protest too much.

p.s. Ass is another word for donkey. Perhaps that is what Warden had in mind. In which case....it is not profanity.
All you can do is insult. Doesn't say much for you.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:26 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
How many radical Islamists do you think we are going to reach on this thread, or even the whole site? What is the point of holding radical Islamists consciences to the fire? Fundamentalist Christians, on the other hand are here in numbers and need to be told that their attitudes and actions are part and parcel of this kind of activity.
You are also proving my point. People are using the massacre as an opportunity to attack Christians.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Christians had nothing to do with this. Islamic terrorists attacked the gay community, period! Mr. Trump is right. It's time to ban all Muslim immigration until we can get a handle on this. They are coming here to kill us!
Thank you, jimmie, for revealing to the internet how the average Trump voter "thinks."

Old 06-13-2016, 07:38 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,038,008 times
Because the killer used Islam as an excuse, the reality of the hatred will be glossed over, sadly.

The "Muslim" terrorist:
- Used a warped view of religion as an excuse to justify his bigotry and murders
- Hated gays and considered them deserving of punishment or death
- Had a love of violence and guns.

That description quite frankly matches a frightening number of "Christian" right-wing extremists in this nation. The only difference is the specific religion that is being mangled into an excuse to justify mass murder; the fundamental problems (hatred, love of violence, access to weapons of mass murder, and an excuse that cannot be reasoned away - "god told me to do it") are not dependent upon the religion in question.

The twisted irony to come - those same "Christians" who's bigotry differs very little from the killer's - will likely use this as an excuse to justify violence against a different minority they don't like (actual Muslims vs. cowards like the killer who hide behind "religion.") I will be honestly shocked if there isn't an anti-Muslim revenge killing by some "Christians" triggered from this murder spree.

Until people wake up and see all bigoted frauds as one and the same, regardless of which holy texts they mangle or which day they go to services, nothing will improve and each group of bigots will continue to look for ways to kill innocents of the other groups with "religion" as the excuse.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:43 PM

20,033 posts, read 13,501,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Because the killer used Islam as an excuse, the reality of the hatred will be glossed over, sadly.

The "Muslim" terrorist:
- Used a warped view of religion as an excuse to justify his bigotry and murders
- Hated gays and considered them deserving of punishment or death
- Had a love of violence and guns.
According to reporting tonight he had visited the gay night club he shot up many times and was known to many in the local LGBT community because he was trying to hook up with people via gay-oriented dating apps.

Classic self-loathing projected outward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality