Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 02:57 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,213,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, thank you for proving my point.

I said people use this terror attack as an opportunity to say Christians are the evil ones. This guy murders 50 people, and he gets a pass, but Christians are painted as the bad guys because someone managed to google a comment made by someone. Sure, that's worse than mass-murder. Good for you. Run with it.
Same slimy non-answers Finn has become locally infamous for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 03:02 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,289,028 times
Quote:

I said people use this terror attack as an opportunity to say Christians are the evil ones. This guy murders 50 people, and he gets a pass, but Christians are painted as the bad guys because someone managed to google a comment made by someone. Sure, that's worse than mass-murder. Good for you. Run with it.

Since the guy is deservedly dead he hardly got a free pass.

As for Christians being painted badly, all that has been done is requote the words of Christians concerning their beliefs on gays . Explain how the fact that this massacre was committed by a Muslim negates the fact that some Christians are homophobic as well and gave called for violence against gays . The point is that the homophobic hatred of both stems from religious belief.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Same slimy non-answers Finn has become locally infamous for.
It is out there, even for him and his normal lack of courage , to claim there is nothing to address in a post that gave 4 or 5 specific examples of Christians calling for violence against gays .

Old 06-13-2016, 03:13 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,689,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
It is out there, even for him and his normal lack of courage .......
Keep your childish taunts to yourself. I am not going to discuss a post which is a personal attack, and should have been deleted by mods a long time ago.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:16 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,950,534 times
Quote:
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff.

Did you read the article or just accept some sound bite ? Because IF you read the article, you find that while Knapp tries to explain away the issue of him saying what he DID say about gays , further on in the article he says he does not think that the bible verses calling for the death of homosexuals is evil, barbaric or wrong . In other words, he agrees that the Bible is correct in calling for the deaths of gays , but admits society today will not accept that .

So, big fail on your part . Care to try explaining away what some of the others said ?

You need to learn to read and comprehend along with not bringing up other topics within topics. The topic was brought up by cupper not you, it seems you like to make trouble here.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Keep your childish taunts to yourself. I am not going to discuss a post which is a personal attack, and should have been deleted by mods a long time ago.

I will continue to point out that your claim that there is nothing to respond to in a post that gives specific instances of Christians calling for violence against gays , given WITH supporting links , is a flat out lie by you , and that you fail over and over to find yourself capable of responding rather than dodging .

This is there for all to see, so your bogus claims otherwise do not bother me . Posters will be able to see for themselves.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:21 PM

10,093 posts, read 5,745,514 times
Quote:
I fully understand that Knapp, after having been caught saying inflammatory things he thought he was saying safely within the confines of a group of like minded Christians , is talking out of one side of his mouth about how he has no ill will towards gays . But out of the other side of his mouth he says in the same interview , this:

"Still, he said, there is no getting around the fact that Leviticus 20:13 declares “homosexuality is a detestable act and is punished by death” and Romans 1:32 says those who practice it deserve to die.

“Do I believe that those verses are evil, cruel and barbaric, or if we broaden the question, do I believe the death penalty is cruel and barbaric?” he asked. “No. If I did then I would be criticizing Scripture, because it all over the place prescribes it for many different crimes. For me to criticize those verses would be to criticize God, and I cannot do that.”

So what is Knapp saying ? He admits the Bible calls for the deaths of gays. Does he admit he thinks this is wrong and disagrees with the Bible ? Answer this Jeff . Does he agree with the Bible that gays deserve death or does he say the Bible is wrong to call for this ?

And most Christians would agree with him. We don't believe God was cruel barbaric and evil in his OT laws. They served a specific purpose that fulfilled with the death of Christ. That purpose was to keep the cancer of sin out of the tribes of Israel so God's chosen people would not be destroyed. He never says that he believes those laws still apply. Otherwise, we would still be out there sacrificing goats and lambs.

Quote:

He wants to have it both ways , and so do you it seems . " Oh , we don't hate gays. We just agree with the Bible that they should be put to death, but unfortunately our society today won't let us . But please don't take this to mean we hate homosexuals ".

So answer Jeff . Does he admit he agrees with the Bible , or does he say the Bible is mistaken to say this ?
Now we agree with the New Convenant where we are saved by grace, not by strict obedience to a rule book. I'm sure you will reject this truth because you NEED us to hate gays to keep your false stereotype ugliness going. It's sad and intellectually dishonest.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
You need to learn to read and comprehend along with not bringing up other topics within topics. The topic was brought up by cupper not you, it seems you like to make trouble here.

Indeed I was not the one that brought it up . I am not tooting my own horn in claiming that people like yourself lack the courage to respond . I am simply stating facts. The fact that this is inconvenient for you and yours and you can respond in no other way than these and Finns types of silly dodges is not my problem.

Find the courage to deal with what your own folks publicly say rather than getting upset with those that point out the wrongness of what they say .

Old 06-13-2016, 03:36 PM

33,566 posts, read 37,172,616 times
Quote:

How in hell did the shooter get a pass....He was shot dead....Is this what you call logic?

Old 06-13-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And most Christians would agree with him. We don't believe God was cruel barbaric and evil in his OT laws. They served a specific purpose that fulfilled with the death of Christ. That purpose was to keep the cancer of sin out of the tribes of Israel so God's chosen people would not be destroyed. He never says that he believes those laws still apply. Otherwise, we would still be out there sacrificing goats and lambs.

Now we agree with the New Convenant where we are saved by grace, not by strict obedience to a rule book. I'm sure you will reject this truth because you NEED us to hate gays to keep your false stereotype ugliness going. It's sad and intellectually dishonest.

Nice try, but that's not what Knapp said . He said that if we wanted to follow Gods laws that we would have to kill gays . Knapps words from the interview :

" The point he intended to make, he said, is that if a government wanted to establish itself in keeping with God’s word, it would have no choice but to impose the death penalty for a variety of offenses, including homosexual behavior."

. Whether or not this agrees with your theology on the OT vs NT is irrelevant , as this is about what Knapp said . And he said that the Bible says to kill gay people, and he couldn't bring himself to say the Bible is wrong . He doesn't make the point that the NT doesn't call for this, in fact he mentions Romans 1:32 . He simply admits that homosexuality is accepted today and not regarded as something worthy of death , even though he seems to insist that God still sees things this way . This is Knapps own admission from the interview .

"He said the point is that God considers homosexuality worthy of death but culture has accepted it. ".

So again, nice try , but not what Knapp was saying .

And why are the others being ignored ? Knapp was one of four or five instances of such .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality