Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2016, 11:24 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,185,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You do not represent God, and neither does the Bible. You regurgitate words of ancient men. You feel safe.

How do you know it is really God in that tiny book? The agenda of men is all over it.
You make a lot of statements and assumptions. Sorry. I don't believe you.
Quote:
How do I know God?

I know God. God knows me. I do not need a book written by men, and for men to tell me about God. The idea is silly. The agenda of men looking for power over others is all over the Bible.

God is more than a book.
I don't believe that. Why should I? There are Muslims that claim to know God, and they kill people based on what they think he told them. So why are YOU different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 11:27 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Are you loving and accepting of sex offenders? See it all falls into the umbrella of sexual immorality from my perspective. My beliefs are unloving towards sin. Big difference. Your side has twisted and contorted and tried its best to meld the two together, but I still have a heart to love all people as unique creations from God. You can characterize me however you like, but since you don't know me personally, it's not a true characterization. If you base it solely on the faith that I will not embrace homosexuality (it is clearly a sin) then that is a weak basis.

We are discussing highly controversial heated topics here. Of course it's not going to come across as kindness on either side. I'm not going to tell you thank you for making up lies about me. I'm going to tell the truth as I see it. Jesus wasn't that kind with the moneychangers either.

Then you practice a made up feel good faith. Whatever works for you. Doesn't mean it's true. I follow God's instruction even if it doesn't feel good. At least I don't sink to the level of arrogantly making up lies about people. Yeah that is so kindness.

You mean the day I accept homosexuality as not being a sin. Sorry, won't happen.
Homosexuality is not a crime, Jeff. Sexual abuse is against the law.

I have worked with homicidal maniacs, murderers, sex offenders, and pedophiles.. All in all, most of them were human beings, however that did not change the fact they were offenders.

Some of them were likable, but that never changed the fact they did terrible things.
I treated them as fellow human beings. I kept the community safe.

As far as loving them? I sometimes have to leave the heavy lifting to God, however I was not unloving toward them.

My job was to work with them, and teach them skills so they were able to recognize what they were doing and feeling before they did something terrible. I was firm, resolute, humorous, and kind. In turn, they liked me, and they made progress.

I have not made up lies. Your faith does not serve you. If your faith does not accept your brothers and sisters it cannot accept you.

You do not have to be gay to understand such a simple thing.

You have soaked yourself in a religion that shows you no love, or acceptance unless you behave shamefully to your brothers and sisters. You waste precious time raging at homosexuals. It serves no purpose. Does it make you feel good? Righteous?

I do feel good in my faith. I feel real joy, every day. I am able to accept my brothers and sisters without fear. I do not judge their "sins". That is not my place.

Your faith gives you no joy. Without joy there is no peace. The sad thing is you never really feel good.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You make a lot of statements and assumptions. Sorry. I don't believe you.

I don't believe that. Why should I? There are Muslims that claim to know God, and they kill people based on what they think he told them. So why are YOU different?
I am unconcerned if you believe me . When it comes to what you think you know, I am different.

I know the truth of you Viz. I see you. God sees you.

It is that simple, and that complex. I am here to correct you, and make you think.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I am unconcerned if you believe me . When it comes to what you think you know, I am different.

I know the truth of you Viz. I see you. God sees you.

It is that simple, and that complex. I am here to correct you, and make you think.
You don't have any authority to correct me. Why do you assume you do?

Old 06-23-2016, 11:59 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,165 times
Quote:
I think you just broke the irony meter .

Old 06-23-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:

I am here to correct you. I am here to make you think. You do not have to like it, but that does not change a thing.

I must admit though, the old, you're not the boss of me is amusing.

Very amusing. ahahahahahahahhha Thank you for that.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:03 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,327 times
Lol

Old 06-23-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I am here to correct you. I am here to make you think. You do not have to like it, but that does not change a thing.

I must admit though, the old, you're not the boss of me is amusing.

Very amusing. ahahahahahahahhha Thank you for that.
Weird....you get upset at ME because I am supposedly thinking I'm smarter than others..but you are here telling me that you're here to correct me.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:18 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
And when did I say to do any conspiracy theory?

All I am saying is, watch the news report and find the names of five doctors who took care of the injured patients from the Pulse club, and then check their credentials and reviews. Is there any conspiracy in that?

Doing a research about a doctor is something that you may have possibly done before when finding a PMP? No?

Do the same with these five doctors.
In other words, you can't or won't supply credible references, nor discuss what the heck you are talking about in the first place. Then why try and make a point?

Old 06-23-2016, 12:20 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Having looked at this , if you are not trying to help spread the claim of a hoax shooting, why are you suggesting people go and check out what IS a claim that the entire shooting is a hoax ? You even mention crisis actors, which , while I had never heard the term before , turns out to be people who go from crisis event to crisis event pretending to be victims of said event .
He is most uncredible with this innuendo campaign of his. When asked to provide links, he gets silent and deflects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality