Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 09:21 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
bwahahahahahahaha I am going to start naming my body parts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 11:02 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,730,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Nobody cares whether or not you ever embrace or accept homosexuality. You are perfectly free to believe as you wish, and you are perfectly free to express your opinion on homosexuality, as well.

The problem is that you and your fundamentalist pals aren't satisfied with that.

You folks always cross the line by thinking you have the right to force everyone else to obey your religious rules through the use of the justice system.

No rather, your side has crossed the line by using the justice system to attack religious freedom. IF we going down the path you forge, religious freedom in the future is going to mean the freedom to only having beliefs in your mind. Our founding fathers only established one basic rule. The government can not declare an official religion. We have never promoted any laws that would establish Christianity as an official religion or force you to be a Christian. That's a far cry from a teacher or coach wanting to say a prayer for students. My freedom of religion does not guarantee you freedom FROM religion. Buy a set of ear plugs if it offends you so much.

Quote:

As an atheist, I should be free of your religion; I should not be bound by the dictates of your religion's "sin" in any way whatsoever unless there is a compelling civil and/or secular reason for it -- such as murder and theft just to name two examples.
When it comes to establishing laws that have a basis in morality, you want us to ignore traditional values and go with secular thought. Why should I be bound to obey YOUR idea of morality?

Quote:

There is NO compelling civil and/or secular reason why anyone other than Christians should be bound to sexual laws found in such places as Deuteronomy and Leviticus. Why should atheists and agnostics, Hindus or Muslims, Taoists, Buddhists, Pacific Islanders or African tribesmen be forced adhere to ancient Hebrew laws? Not even all Christians should be forced to obey them.
Sexual sin only causes problems for society as a whole. Same sex activities certainly carries serious health risks which in turns burdens the healthcare system that we all use. Of course, you will deny this because you have to. You can't admit that you are wrong. The moral laws in the Bible make practical sense.

Quote:

Yet here you are, campaigning as per usual, to rid the country of same-sex marriage because they offend YOUR religious values. YOUR religious values. YOURS. And because of that, EVERYONE must give up their freedom to suit you and your fundamentalism.

If not for that, no one would even care.

But you won't leave it alone.
I am only campaigning for the right to leave Christian business out of immoral ceremonies. Why should we be forced to compromise our values? I know you don't give a rip about religious freedom, but it is a sacred right for many people.

Quote:

The stupidity of this post is how you talk of being "loving and accepting" of sex offenders yet if Josh Duggar walked into a bakery to get a cake made, just what kind of outrage would you show against him? Considering the length and breadth you went to defending him when his story first broke, probably none at all ... but you'll spend days upon days and tens of thousands of keystrokes railing against homosexuals, so seriously, Jeff, your argument is weaker than the gravitational force of a neutrino.
You just had to go there again, huh? Your arguments are starting to sounding more and more like gasps of desperation so you just throw whatever you can against the wall like bringing up Duggar out of nowhere. I am not one to judge people's lifestyles. I just want no part of it. Neither does Christian bakers. If Duggar asked for a cake to be used in a celebration of sin then I would decline the transaction as well. Here's another example.

If I owned a paper material store and someone came in wanting to order posters and told me that they would be used to make fun of retarded or homeless people, I would show them the door as well. It's all about the situation, not the person.

Quote:

Again, nobody cares.
Such weak sauce. Do you honestly think you speak for EVERYBODY? But that's the kind of attitude I see from your side. You think everyone either agrees with you, or should bow down to your opinions. If a few oppose it then they should be verbally savaged.

Quote:

You just need to let people sin if that's what they want to do. It's not up to you and your religion to play nanny over the souls of the rest of the human population. Worry about yourself. Using the legal apparatus to deny others the right to make their own choices is wrong ... at least it is in THIS country.

I don't want your religion telling me who I can or can't marry any more than you would want Islam telling you how to pray.
You're beating a dead horse. You won the right to redefine marriage. Move on instead of still complaining how we are restricting people's rights. What rights exactly? The disgusting irony is your side is only invested in gay rights because it is a fast and easy way to scapegoat and wreck Christians.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:33 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The disgusting irony is your side is only invested in gay rights because it is a fast and easy way to scapegoat and wreck Christians.
Lol. That will come as shocking news to both gay Christians and straight Christians who support the LGBT community.

How do you come up with this nonsense?

Old 06-24-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:

You're beating a dead horse. You won the right to redefine marriage. Move on instead of still complaining how we are restricting people's rights. What rights exactly? The disgusting irony is your side is only invested in gay rights because it is a fast and easy way to scapegoat and wreck Christians.
Beating a dead horse? Uh,oh your nose is getting longer, little brother.

I am invested in your brothers and sister gaining every single right you now enjoy. Every time they gain, I do not mind rubbing your nose a little, maybe giving you some nuggies, too.

Hardly scapegoating. Just sheer joy of seeing them happy.

The LGBTQ community is finding more allies every day. Did you know it is now possible to have the GoFundie and PayPal donation pages of ministers who spew hatred calling for the death to LGBTQ shut down?

Awesome, I know.

What will these men do now? Calling for the death of LGBTQ, and begging for money seems to be their only talent.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:25 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,763 times
Quote:
No rather, your side has crossed the line by using the justice system to attack religious freedom. IF we going down the path you forge, religious freedom in the future is going to mean the freedom to only having beliefs in your mind. Our founding fathers only established one basic rule. The government can not declare an official religion. We have never promoted any laws that would establish Christianity as an official religion or force you to be a Christian. That's a far cry from a teacher or coach wanting to say a prayer for students. My freedom of religion does not guarantee you freedom FROM religion. Buy a set of ear plugs if it offends you so much.

When it comes to establishing laws that have a basis in morality, you want us to ignore traditional values and go with secular thought. Why should I be bound to obey YOUR idea of morality?

Sexual sin only causes problems for society as a whole. Same sex activities certainly carries serious health risks which in turns burdens the healthcare system that we all use. Of course, you will deny this because you have to. You can't admit that you are wrong. The moral laws in the Bible make practical sense.

I am only campaigning for the right to leave Christian business out of immoral ceremonies. Why should we be forced to compromise our values? I know you don't give a rip about religious freedom, but it is a sacred right for many people.

You just had to go there again, huh? Your arguments are starting to sounding more and more like gasps of desperation so you just throw whatever you can against the wall like bringing up Duggar out of nowhere. I am not one to judge people's lifestyles. I just want no part of it. Neither does Christian bakers. If Duggar asked for a cake to be used in a celebration of sin then I would decline the transaction as well. Here's another example.

If I owned a paper material store and someone came in wanting to order posters and told me that they would be used to make fun of retarded or homeless people, I would show them the door as well. It's all about the situation, not the person.

Such weak sauce. Do you honestly think you speak for EVERYBODY? But that's the kind of attitude I see from your side. You think everyone either agrees with you, or should bow down to your opinions. If a few oppose it then they should be verbally savaged.

I'm all for allowing Christians to not serve gays , as long as done per my previous scenario . Make them publicly claim the exemption, announce on their front doors, every advertising, stationary, invoices , POs sent to suppliers for goods ,websites , radio and TV ads ,etc, etc . Every time the company name shows up anywhere as part of official business it must proclaim that this business claims the right not to serve gays .

Then also make them keep an up to date database that competitors can have their name put on that gives alternate businesses that welcome gay customers .

This way gays understand the feelings of the business, and they know where to go where they are appreciated , without the humiliation of being told " we don't serve people like you ".

Old 06-24-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Lol. That will come as shocking news to both gay Christians and straight Christians who support the LGBT community.

How do you come up with this nonsense?
Gay Christian = oxyomoron

Old 06-24-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Beating a dead horse? Uh,oh your nose is getting longer, little brother.

I am invested in your brothers and sister gaining every single right you now enjoy. Every time they gain, I do not mind rubbing your nose a little, maybe giving you some nuggies, too.

Hardly scapegoating. Just sheer joy of seeing them happy.
It is absolutely scapegoating. One thing I was surprised to learn in my research is that many states currently allow housing discrimination against gay people. I find that appalling. No one should be deny the right to needs like housing, employment, food and healthcare. But where did the LGBT leaders focus their energy and attack in the last few years? Gay marriage. I don't know about you, but I kinda think having a place to live or work far trumps a piece of paper declaring a couple married. But when the realm of gay marriage directly conflicts with Christianity, and atheists were all aboard then. And like this article points out, gay marriage actually makes it harder for couples to get housing in these states. Funny that I don't see anyone ranting about that injustice here in all the hundreds of posts.

Quote:

The irony of gay marriage becoming legal in the United States is that it has made discrimination against LBGT people easier. For example: Many newlywed couples may be asking their employers for spousal benefits for the first time. Depending on where they live, it may or may not be illegal for that employer to respond by firing them—something that happened in a number of states in 2015.

2016 LGBT Anti-Discrimination Bills and Religious-Freedom Questions in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, and Pennsylvania - The Atlantic

Old 06-24-2016, 01:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
Gay Christian = oxyomoron
Only to those of you who think they can decide who is a Christian and who isn't.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:10 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,917,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Only to those of you who think they can decide who is a Christian and who isn't.
I wonder if Ted Haggard is still consider christian by fundamentalists?

Old 06-24-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
It is absolutely scapegoating. One thing I was surprised to learn in my research is that many states currently allow housing discrimination against gay people. I find that appalling. No one should be deny the right to needs like housing, employment, food and healthcare. But where did the LGBT leaders focus their energy and attack in the last few years? Gay marriage. I don't know about you, but I kinda think having a place to live or work far trumps a piece of paper declaring a couple married. But when the realm of gay marriage directly conflicts with Christianity, and atheists were all aboard then. And like this article points out, gay marriage actually makes it harder for couples to get housing in these states. Funny that I don't see anyone ranting about that injustice here in all the hundreds of posts.

2016 LGBT Anti-Discrimination Bills and Religious-Freedom Questions in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, and Pennsylvania - The Atlantic

LGBTQ has been advocating for their rights before you were born. They have been fighting discrimination my entire life, and longer. You behave as if LGBTQ just arrived on the planet.

You want them to pick and choose the rights you are willing to allow. You want them in your time and by your priority.

Sorry little brother. They do not need your permission to have the same rights you and I enjoy.
And, you have no right to tell them what order those rights should be given.

Quite a few states were giving partner status to LGBTQ along with unmarried couples for health insurance. Imagine that. Thank you for your tax contribution to their health and the health of their families.

We will not rest until every LGBTQ person in this country has the same rights you and I enjoy. While fundamentalist ideologues claim persecution and clutch their pearls in horror, LGBTQ is organizing, and moving forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality