Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 11:11 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Any true Christian abhors violence. Yet people have been committing atrocities in the name of God or gods, take your pick, for millennia. I think it's sad when people's lives are cut short by wicked people don't you? Does it matter if its an Iraqi blown to bits while going to the maket or Israeli shot dead having dinner or African used as a pawn by African warlords or gay person or straight person, or children attending kindergarten? Do people need religion to be wicked? I think not.

Distasteful post....let people mourn and bury their loved ones and just be happy you have another day of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 11:44 PM

440 posts, read 377,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I wouldn't say they knew almost nothing of science and nature...That's just an ignorant statement...
Compared with today's world his views of what's natural were not accurate in this regard.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:58 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Or we could be like Canada and lose our freedom of speech. You even commenting on this thread is a very low class thing to do.
In order to thinkalot, you have to have a brain....Freedom of speech is doing just fine in Canada.....Freedom of speech in the US simply means freedom to lie.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:05 AM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
In order to thinkalot, you have to have a brain....Freedom of speech is doing just fine in Canada.....Freedom of speech in the US simply means freedom to lie.
Robin Williams once said: "Canada is like a sweet apartment above a meth lab."

Old 06-13-2016, 12:09 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
But we know that homosexuality is natural, well documentend by science and history and perfectly in harmony with nature and humanity. Besides, homosexuality isn't any more lustful than heterosexuality is. This is why that passage is scientifically wrong and only comes from the mind of a man who was prejudiced in times when they knew almost nothing about nature and science.

How can you dictate morality when your knowledge of the world is so limited?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Homosexuality most certainly is not natural. It is a perversion of God's design and gift to mankind in the form of human sexuality and intimacy.

If it was natural, man would be able to reproduce too. if you are going to tell me that it is natural because homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom, then guess what else exists in the animal kingdom? Necrophilia. Is that natural too?
No Jeff, it is not a perversion of God's design - it IS God's design! If you have a problem with homosexuality then go take it up with the creator - your god. Tell him you object. I've pointed this out to you before, God created the earth and all that is on it and saw that it was good. It is right there in your own bible - go and read it (Genesis). If you like, I can pull up the passage from Google, in any version you choose.

But shouldn't you be condemning this murderous fundamentalist for the evil he has committed?

Last edited by 303Guy; 06-13-2016 at 12:55 AM..

Old 06-13-2016, 12:37 AM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Now this is a Christian I can respect....Regarding the Orlando shooting she said....

"The duty of all Christians is simple: We must preach a message of respect across lines of difference. God loves diversity as is seen in all creation. We must speak out against those who spread a culture of fear and hatred against those who are different or who believe differently, and oppose those who justify violence of any kind to achieve political, social, or religious ends. And we must pray for those who would use violence and for those impacted by it." ...... Rev. Margaret Walker of Exodus Metropolitan Community Church.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:57 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Now this is a Christian I can respect....Regarding the Orlando shooting she said....

"The duty of all Christians is simple: We must preach a message of respect across lines of difference. God loves diversity as is seen in all creation. We must speak out against those who spread a culture of fear and hatred against those who are different or who believe differently, and oppose those who justify violence of any kind to achieve political, social, or religious ends. And we must pray for those who would use violence and for those impacted by it." ...... Rev. Margaret Walker of Exodus Metropolitan Community Church.
Yes. With that I agree. I would use the thumbs up emoticon but this is too grave an issue for humor.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:35 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You should read up a little more on the Roman culture....There was more to it than just sexual gratification...Google pederasty and you'll see a lot of material that covers not only the Romans, but also the Greeks...Including how that cultural norm spread to the middle East...
Except at the time Paul was writing as a ROMAN citizen and had been influenced by by their culture--not the Greeks.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:17 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So now you are implying I will go out and murder people? Unbelievable lies. I didn't create the thread and I happen to think that there are other groups of people out there that MATTER too, ya know.
You already murder the spirit in people. It's only a matter of time before you go for the gun. It's how hateful people slowly sink into the depths of the mud at the bottom of their hearts.

All the below "christian" people have hearts like yours:

Quote:
Responding to a book written by an author documenting his struggles as a gay Christian, a Baptist minister wrote the author a very un-Christian email saying “I pray that you will commit suicide."
Another Christian Preacher Says Gay People Should Be Killed

Quote:
Yet another Christian pastor’s anti-gay rant has come to light in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) blogosphere.

As first reported by Good As You’s Jeremy Hooper, Curtis Knapp, pastor of the New Hope Baptist Church in Seneca, Kan., appears to call for the death of gays in this disturbing audio.

“They should be put to death — that’s what happened in Israel,” Knapp proclaims. “That’s why homosexuality wouldn’t have grown in Israel.”

He continues: “Oh, so you’re saying we should go out and start killing them? No, I’m saying the government should. They won’t, but they should.”

Knapp’s declaration follows that of Charles L. Worley, the North Carolina pastor who condemned President Obama’s much-publicized endorsement of same-sex marriage while calling for gays and lesbians to be put in an electrified pen and left to die off.

Similarly, the pastor’s comments seem in line with statements made by Ron Baity, founding pastor of Berean Baptist Church in Winston-Salem, N.C. and head of the anti-marriage equality organization Return America, who told his own congregation that LGBT people should be prosecuted as they were historically, and Pastor Sean Harris of the Berean Baptist Church in Fayetteville, N.C. who advocated parents “punch” their male child if he is effeminate and “crack that wrist” if he is limp-wristed.

Likewise, Tim Rabon, pastor at Beacon Baptist Church in Raleigh, N.C., condemned states such as Massachusetts, Connecticut and Maryland which have already “re-defined” marriage to include lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) couples before asking his congregants, “What is stopping them from refining marriage from a person and a beast? We’re not far from that.”
Kansas Pastor Curtis Knapp: Government Should Kill Gays, But 'They Won't'

Quote:
Baptist pastor in Tempe, Arizona called for the mass extermination of LGBT people on Sunday in a sermon entitled “AIDS: The Judgement of God.” In the sermon, which was uploaded to YouTube on Monday from Faithful Word Baptist Church, Pastor Steven Anderson said that God has ordered in the scriptures that gays should be killed, and that if humanity wants to have an “AIDS-free world by Christmas,” he said, that’s what should be done.
http://www.rawstory.com/2014/12/ariz...-god-commands/

Yes, jeffie, these are the people you are in bed with---pun intended. And these kinds of rants in the name of "god" encourage murder. You many not be a murderer, but from where many of us stand, you are complicit in the deaths of people in the LGBTQ community.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:43 AM

440 posts, read 377,279 times
Christian love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUOBFjRGvPI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality