Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2019, 06:08 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I wasn’t giving evidence. I was responding to your assertion that God made us sinful or flawed.
oh yeah, he didn't make use flawed, we don't know that. It looks like it made us the best it could under the assembly process provided. Thats my point. well, if it existed that is.

oh yeah, there is no proof of free will. In fact, the more we learn the less likely it looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 06:19 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
oh yeah, he didn't make use flawed, we don't know that. It looks like it made us the best it could under the assembly process provided. Thats my point. well, if it existed that is.

oh yeah, there is no proof of free will. In fact, the more we learn the less likely it looks.
Don’t you have the ability to choose?

Old 02-22-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Don’t you have the ability to choose?
freed will and the brains ability to make choices are not the same thing. I certainly believe in "The brain makes choices within your given brain state". It is not free to make any choice outside of its state, at any given time. and, some choices I cannot make. I will do them and/or I won't do them. period. Unless you seriously change the conditions I am in.

You can't make a choice you don't have in your brain. either way, free will doesn't prove a thing.

Old 02-23-2019, 03:12 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Wow! this thread exploded. I will read it all and respond individually, Miss H. It is difficult for those who have not had a personal experience of God to credit the experiences of those who have.
Would you think that me never having a personal experience of god is my fault or gods?

Old 02-23-2019, 05:14 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Matthew 22:14 ...'For many are called, but few are chosen.'.

I guess those of us former "not real "Christians just weren't among the chosen

Old 02-23-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Programmed is a good word for many evangelical Christians. But you can see the monster that is hiding just below the surface.

You can see the monster in any evangelical, whether religious or anti-religious. Anyone who wants to recreate the world in his own image. That could to apply to an atheist also.
machine langue.

people that don't understand what machine langue ... is ... don't have all the information needed. In both camps.

Old 02-23-2019, 07:38 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
machine langue.

people that don't understand what machine langue ... is ... don't have all the information needed. In both camps.
We can always look it up. This is the secret to atheist apologetics - we don't have to be experts in anything. Indeed it is better is we are not. We have to be able to field anything from Quantum mechanics to the duties of a 1st century Procurator. And being able to look it up on the Internet is what kick -started atheist apologetics.

Machine -readable computer code. What point were you making? Ozzy's was the usual 'anyone who tries to do anything is an extremist' nonsense, but your post seems to be nonsense without any point.

Old 02-23-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Matthew 22:14 ...'For many are called, but few are chosen.'.

I guess those of us former "not real "Christians just weren't among the chosen
No one is saying you weren’t a real Christian. Only God knows that. What we’re saying is, if you really were, you still are.

Old 02-23-2019, 08:38 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
No one is saying you weren’t a real Christian. Only God knows that. What we’re saying is, if you really were, you still are.
Folks, we now have a new definition of Christian - an atheist who was once a Christian. Come to think of it....I believe I heard that Believers do not and cannot believe that we really disbelieve. In any case, this means that Matt Dillahunty gets to heaven, and the Pope doesn't because he didn't believe the right denomination.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 02-23-2019 at 08:54 AM..

Old 02-23-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Folks, we now have a new definition of Christian - an atheist who was once a Christian. Come to think of it....I believe I heard that Believers do not and cannot believe that we really disbelieve. On any case, this means that Matt Dillahunty gets to heaven, and the Pope doesn't because he didn't believe the right denomination.
No one who has experienced Christ has been disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality