Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2019, 11:45 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times

Advertisements

The funny thing is that I have dealt (fairly) with your Living Universe claims in the past, but you apparently forgot it and just accuse me of denial. It's also amusing that I pointed up (not for the first time) that the difference between 'nature' and 'God' in Intelligence. Both of you seemed to have studiously ignored that point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 05:39 AM

16,669 posts, read 15,663,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Unlike Arach, you still have trouble seeing our Reality as a single living entity which is why your stumbling block is the composition fallacy. There is nothing separate from God (Reality) so all existing attributes are attributes of God.
This is just as ridiculous and unsupported as it was the last time you posted it. Reality is reality. God is God. God has sentience. Reality does not. Why in the world do you try to make it more than it is?

Old 03-09-2019, 06:10 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,187,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
This is just as ridiculous and unsupported as it was the last time you posted it. Reality is reality. God is God. God has sentience. Reality does not. Why in the world do you try to make it more than it is?
Even though he criticizes people for assigning attributes that should be dismissed, he assigns 'love/loving ' to this god of his.
If nature is god, I have never noticed much 'love' during events of nature like hurricanes,tornadoes, forest fires,etc or even a small event like a rotted tree falling and killing a squirrel.

Old 03-09-2019, 10:45 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,322,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, I hate the thought that anyone thinks, as Christians and Jews do, that God is blood-thirsty and loves blood sacrifices...or more preposterous,
needs blood sacrifices.
IF, say 'He' did...'He' certainly would get enough in the animal kingdom, right?

However, this Divine Love, agape love, unconditional love...Eternal Love, was needed for the masses to see...because you couldn't tell these
people, indoctrinated in ancient beliefs, by writing it in the sky..a simple cloud formation, "Te Amo" wouldn't cut it. Neither did feeding crowds from 5 loaves and fishes...buzzer...uneducated brains,
I mean, I give the silly cloud example, since people think God could "do" anything, "Why didn't 'He' do such and such?"

Why such gore?
It was because these people in the Middle East in the 30s AD...would only believe some horrific thing like a lamb
to slaughter...esp one that had a choice.
So, I do see Big Love being demonstrated...not the blood and torture part...but that someone would put themselves through such nonsense, JUST
for their ignorant minds to finally get.
...to open to the kind of immense, boundless love
this Creator had..(that they feared so much).

(I do not believe in a Garden, a Fall, original sin, a punishing Spiritual Being...or the neeeeed for a savior--to be killed for other people's boo-boos due to natural weakness, like falling to temptation.
Tell a child to stay outta the Cookie Jar and they will get a box to stand on.)
The whole story is made up!

This is my perspective.
Well ... yes, I suppose that makes sense ... but it only makes sense within the framework of a story.

Quite often a story that is trying to push home a certain point or demonstrate a certain paradigm like agape love. In order to do this, they make doubly sure that such a point is understood, usually by using a lot of hyperbole - such as the Great Flood. Numbers are horribly inflated, impossible odds are beaten, and much of the time, central figures of the story do not even have proper names - like the Pharaoh. The authors do this on purpose to keep the story "timeless." After all, if they gave the actual name of the Pharaoh, people could start investigating wthin a very specific timeframe.

The whole story was made up - but not just that one, but all of it. Oh sure, it may be based on true happenings in some way or another, but like i said, with exaggerations and inflated numbers so drastic that it comes very very close to being an outright lie. Was there even Jesus? That's what the mythicists say - he wasn't even real. Maybe there was a cult leader named Jesus that was crucified - and yet we don't even have is name right: Yeshua. Why on earth would Yeshua expect 21st Century Americans to call him Jesus? We're not Greek. Neither is the other 99% of the world.

Therefore, if the entire story is made-up, which I think it is - at least in terms of Jesus being the son of God and all of those things, why spread it?

But whatever - it's the idea of a collective consciousness that I'm interested in. Unfortunately, including Jesus reinforces the idea that Christianity is real and that Jesus was ordered by his daddy, which was really himself anyway, to allow the Romans to execute him. I just wish our society wouldn't push false claims as being true.

Old 03-09-2019, 10:59 AM

50,782 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Because that's the only way he can make his belief work.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:23 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Because that's the only way he can make his belief work.
That's true and is the Elephant in His room (and that of Gldnrule - and now Arach it seems). God has to be forward -planning intelligent - and that requires some validation. To just slap the 'God' -label on 'reality' and pretend that he has thereby validated the God -claim requires that he ignore the 'intelligence' distinction - as he persistently has ignored it ever since I can remember.

Old 03-09-2019, 12:32 PM

63,793 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
What is your evidence for the bold or at least your reasons for CLAIMING such? You can avoid answering if you only mean you BELIEVE Reality does not, but if you are CLAIMING it you need to justify it since sentience is widespread in Reality.

Old 03-09-2019, 12:38 PM

63,793 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
That's true and is the Elephant in His room (and that of Gldnrule - and now Arach it seems). God has to be forward -planning intelligent - and that requires some validation. To just slap the 'God' -label on 'reality' and pretend that he has thereby validated the God -claim requires that he ignore the 'intelligence' distinction - as he persistently has ignored it ever since I can remember.
I BELIEVE all life is intelligent, Arq, because the substrate within which it exists is intelligent (Unified Consciousness field). Different lifeforms differ only in the degree of the underlying intelligence they can manifest, IMO.

Old 03-09-2019, 01:47 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,574,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
no, you are adding forward planing intellect. I never did.

you add limits. god does not have to be "forward planing". again, you insert a limit and then deny it based on your inserted limit. Basically tho, you deny whatever you want based on whatever you want. based on what they pay you i guess.

Old 03-09-2019, 01:53 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,912,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Even though he [Mystic] criticizes people for assigning attributes that should be dismissed, he assigns 'love/loving ' to this god of his.
If nature is god, I have never noticed much 'love' during events of nature like hurricanes,tornadoes, forest fires,etc or even a small event like a rotted tree falling and killing a squirrel.

Mystic, even others have noticed this "split" personality of your when it comes to Christianity. You talk of God in abstract terms and not like the God of the Bible who sees, hears, feels, judges, rewards and condemns which infuriates the traditional Christians. You're really New Age. But then you blast me and others because I question the authenticity of the New Testament and what Jesus purportedly said. You take every word quoted by Jesus in the gospels as being so undeniably authentic someone would have to be a heretic to question their authenticity. For you it seems like the scriptures about Jesus are more holy than Jesus himself. Many here have read your innumerable posts and still don't have the vaguest idea where you stand far as beliefs go. Such as this from your earlier post:

Quote:
To specifically answer your question about indisputable evidence, if there were such, your actual state of mind would NOT necessarily reflect what you had become because it would be driven by absolute knowledge. It is only because we do NOT know that our faith reveals what we have actually become.
What in the heck does all that mean????????

Evidence is either disputable or indisputable. If it's indisputable then there can be no questions raised about its reliability. If the slightest bit of doubt arises then the evidence is disputable. No two ways about it. The reliability of the New Testament is highly disputable, that is why we're having this conversation. But then you say that to NOT KNOW is a good thing because that is when our faith is tested or something, I'm not sure exactly what it is you're saying. You seem to be comfortable in your skin with this wacky esoteric belief system you've worked out for yourself and I realize it's not your fault you embrace it so readily. All I'm saying is that you're trying to communicate all these way-out-in-left-field beliefs you have and nobody around here understands them. Doesn't that strike you as problematic in communicating whatever it is you're trying to make us comprehend?? If I kept getting the same response to my posts I'd either give up or try to refine my beliefs to make them more understandable. Sounds like a plan????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality