Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2019, 10:44 AM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
I get that that does not work. You are defining your god as reality, which is not dependent on a god (unless you are begging the question).
I am not defining reality as no god, I am pointing out that what we see as reality is better explained as no improbable complex intelligence just existing.
If we do not know, then logically the positive claim is probably wrong. Go on, guess my birthday.
Logic an probability is atheist arrogance?
Your ignorance of probability is your problem, not mine.
So your assertion without evidence IS begging the question. Again.
But your implicit demand that there be No God without some additional proof beyond what we already know about our Reality is NOT begging the question???? I can only assume that it is PROBABLY your inappropriate understanding and use of probabilities that is the reason for your obtuseness. Probabilities must be based on empirical data or they do NOT establish any position, they just describe our ignorance about it in quantitative terms. Our ignorance remains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 11:47 AM

16,785 posts, read 4,992,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But your implicit demand that there be No God without some additional proof beyond what we already know about our Reality is NOT begging the question????
No, because we have the evidence.

Quote:
I can only assume that it is PROBABLY your inappropriate understanding and use of probabilities that is the reason for your obtuseness.
Open more wide, I believe you are going to put BOTH feet in.

Quote:
Probabilities must be based on empirical data or they do NOT establish any position, they just describe our ignorance about it in quantitative terms. Our ignorance remains.
Like the data we have for natural processes, plus the 7.2 billion data points that complex, intelligent beings simply do not exist for no reason? See, both feet.

No doubt your inappropriate understanding and use of probabilities is causing you to not understand this.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:15 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
No, because we have the evidence.
What evidence do you have or could you possibly have that our Reality is Not God???? Do you realize how stupid that claim is???
Quote:
Open more wide, I believe you are going to put BOTH feet in.
Like the data we have for natural processes, plus the 7.2 billion data points that complex, intelligent beings simply do not exist for no reason? See, both feet.
What the hell ARE "natural" processes???? How do complex Realities exist for no reason???? What is the reason for the existence of intelligence???? What is the reason for the existence of life???? What is the reason for the existence of consciousness????
Quote:
No doubt your inappropriate understanding and use of probabilities is causing you to not understand this.
Since I have the Doctorate and held a Professorship for 30 years teaching probabilities and quantitative methods, what does your understanding of probabilities say about the probability that your accusation is true? Or given your love of Bayes, what is the likelihood it is true????

Old 03-06-2019, 12:20 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
What evidence do you have or could you possibly have that our Reality is Not God???? Do you realize how stupid that claim is??? What the hell ARE "natural" processes???? How do complex Realities exist for no reason???? What is the reason for the existence of intelligence???? What is the reason for the existence of life???? What is the reason for the existence of consciousness????
Since I have the Doctorate and held a Professorship for 30 years teaching probabilities and quantitative methods, what does your understanding of probabilities say about the probability that your accusation is true? Or given your love of Bayes, what is the likelihood it is true????

What is your doctorate in, Mystic?

Last edited by thrillobyte; 03-06-2019 at 01:03 PM..

Old 03-06-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
What evidence do you have or could you possibly have that our Reality is Not God???? Do you realize how stupid that claim is???
For the 4,562nd time, complex, intelligent first cause creator beings simply do not exist for no reason.

Quote:
What the hell ARE "natural" processes????
Our reality. No intelligence observed.

Quote:
How do complex Realities exist for no reason???? What is the reason for the existence of intelligence???? What is the reason for the existence of life???? What is the reason for the existence of consciousness????
Evolution, long time, big universe, chance.

Quote:
I have insufficient data.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
What your doctorate in, Mystic?
Agriculture I believe, especially bovine.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Agriculture I believe, especially bovine.

I don't get how a doctorate in Agriculture qualifies Mystic to make such sweeping assertions on Biblical beliefs--unless the doctorate in Agriculture had a special emphasis in how to grow new theology.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
I don't get how a doctorate in Agriculture qualifies Mystic to make such sweeping assertions on Biblical beliefs--unless the doctorate in Agriculture had a special emphasis in how to grow new theology.
I'm pretty sure that was a joke, meaning "BS".

I think I'm going to have to develop a little icon that posters can use when they're being sarcastic, or are joking.

There do seem to be people who don't get it hanging out on this board.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm pretty sure that was a joke, meaning "BS".

I think I'm going to have to develop a little icon that posters can use when they're being sarcastic, or are joking.

There do seem to be people who don't get it hanging out on this board.

I think the "B" stands for Bovine. The "S" I'm pretty sure is the expletive for Bovine "excrement".

Old 03-06-2019, 01:48 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
What is your doctorate in, Mystic?
Flimflamology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality