Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2017, 08:52 AM

16,042 posts, read 6,412,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I think not. One problem is that you think you can just say I have poor reading comprehension (thanks for the insult) and everyone will simply believe you. However, I not only have average or better reading comprehension, but the ability to copy and paste posts six and 18 for your perusal.

Post six:

Post 18:

So maat, please tell me and our gentle readers where a poster said atheists are delusional? In case you don't understand why part of post 18 is italicized, it is an atheist quoting a Jehovah Witness writing.

Sorry. You need to do your homework.
You asked me if ANYONE called atheists delusional. I responded in post 18 with things I have been called on and off this board and for some reason you disqualified it. I provided links showing it. That's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 09:14 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,595,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You asked me if ANYONE called atheists delusional. I responded in post 18 with things I have been called on and off this board and for some reason you disqualified it. I provided links showing it. That's all.
maat claimed that people in this thread called atheists delusional. You certainly did not. You did quote the JWs as saying so. That's different than you saying atheists are delusional in your quote.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:29 AM

22,813 posts, read 19,411,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I'm not sure I understand. To me this is only restating what I asked about. So, what do you mean by "tending to the nourishment and well being of our spirit". What's the process and the goal? I'm not sure what you mean by nourishment.
This is what nourish means

nour·ish
verb
provide with the substances necessary for growth, health, and good condition.

It means that nourishing our spirit has a positive effect on our health and well being. And lack of nourishment for our spirit negatively impacts our health and well being.

The process is to nourish our spirit. The goal and result is improved well being.

The medical profession and hospitals recognize this. That's why it is included and routinely addressed as part of a patient's treatment plan.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-11-2017 at 09:42 AM..

Old 06-11-2017, 09:50 AM

22,813 posts, read 19,411,509 times
Here is an example of "lack of nourishment" from this thread. Someone said people in hospitals are helpless (post 36). That sounds like people can not be helped, that no one can give help or receive help, that they are beyond help. That causes harm when we tell others that and when we tell ourselves that. It is a grim cruel dark sad example of withholding nourishment and comfort.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:08 AM

18,534 posts, read 9,226,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Whether it is a good placebo or not, believing irrationally is delusional. The fact that most of the world does it does not make it any less delusional. The fact that there is no one defining placebo, attest to its delusion.

I don't have a problem with God believers practicing irrational faith for the placebo affect. What bothers me is when they ignorantly claim I'm the delusional one while thinking rationally.
Well said. I agree.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Nice try. Post 6 says nothing of the sort. Post 18 is by a fellow atheist claiming the victim card. Why did you make things up? What is nice is anyone can read posts 6 and 18 and see you are making things up. Why? I asked for proof, yet you can up empty.
You're splitting hairs. The point was simple: atheists are often considered to be delusional by some of the more devout believers. Example: "look at the design of a butterfly wing, atheists are clearly delusional to deny God's creation."

Maybe you personally don't call atheists "delusional" to their face, but others do.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:31 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,446,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You're splitting hairs. The point was simple: atheists are often considered to be delusional by some of the more devout believers. Example: "look at the design of a butterfly wing, atheists are clearly delusional to deny God's creation."

Maybe you personally don't call atheists "delusional" to their face, but others do.
Yep. Delusional, lost, blind. Those are some of the nicer terms, I suppose. There's also wicked, God-haters, enemies, and, of course, hell-bound.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yep. Delusional, lost, blind. Those are some of the nicer terms, I suppose. There's also wicked, God-haters, enemies, and, of course, hell-bound.
Indeed.

I can tell you were also raised in the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:30 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,446,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Indeed.

I can tell you were also raised in the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
It's not hard for us to spot each other.

Old 06-11-2017, 07:04 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,710,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
This is what nourish means

nour·ish
verb
provide with the substances necessary for growth, health, and good condition.

It means that nourishing our spirit has a positive effect on our health and well being. And lack of nourishment for our spirit negatively impacts our health and well being.

The process is to nourish our spirit. The goal and result is improved well being.

The medical profession and hospitals recognize this. That's why it is included and routinely addressed as part of a patient's treatment plan.
What substance are you proposing? I'm not sure that you've provided the process of nourishing our spirit, you seem to have only provided the goal. What is included in this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality