Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2019, 05:06 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
Problem with most people is they create a version of God that they want to believe in and try to justify their version of God using the bible. There's a couple of problems with this: 1) Their version of God may not match up with the God that is described in the bible, 2) Their interpretation of the bible may not even be accurate hence creation a false version of God.

"God", for most Christians, is a loving merciful father. But is that what God really is? Is God something people create in their minds as a sense of security in their lives?

I'm not an atheist so I let people believe whatever they want to believe. I do not think evidence is required to believe in something that we still cannot even define.
I wouldn't disagree. What you say seems to approximate is knowing that a "God" - a 'cosmic mind' of some sort can't be ruled out. But the personal gods. of the religions, and their Holy books, those I think can be.

When we say 'There is no God'. The god of the Bible is the one we mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 05:40 PM

611 posts, read 281,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
And where did your god come from?

BTW, me, and most atheists, don't claim there is not god that exists. We just see no more evidence for such an entity than we do for fairies, leprechauns or the Casper the ghost.

Show us the evidence (and the bible is not it), and we will change our minds.
And where did my God come from?

How many times have I already told you that answer 3...4...half a dozen times already? God came from in, of, or with the waters...before the Big Expansion of the waters on day 2.

And what existed with God before the Big Expansion of the rest of the universe? Water, stuff in the water, and light existed before the BB...I mean Big Expansion of the waters...and I'm liking this version a lot more than anything you folks have given me. It makes more sense. And why would I care if you change your mind or not?

Something moved, water existed with stuff in it, and light existed before this Expansion of the waters...it has possibilities.

Give me your BB version...what existed before the BB? You're probably going to end up copying me.

In fact, isn't it true that all life came from the water? What life can exist without water? Isn't water the source of life? Isn't water the source of consciousness? and water is the source of the Big Expansion here. I'm gonna stick with what I'm working with...at least I can understand it.

Give us some details about your version of the BB in as few words?
Let me see what you have?
Put up or shut up.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
When we say 'There is no God'. The god of the Bible is the one we mean.
...and so it was, prejudice does exist here. Predetermined...no real contest. And what a drag it's getting to be here putting up with that mentality here.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:20 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post

How many times have I already told you that answer 3...4...half a dozen times already? God came from in, of, or with the waters...before the Big Expansion of the waters on day 2.

And what existed with God before the Big Expansion of the rest of the universe? Water, stuff in the water, and light existed before the BB...I mean Big Expansion of the waters...and I'm liking this version a lot more than anything you folks have given me. It makes more sense. And why would I care if you change your mind or not?

Something moved, water existed with stuff in it, and light existed before this Expansion of the waters...it has possibilities.

Give me your BB version...what existed before the BB? You're probably going to end up copying me.

In fact, isn't it true that all life came from the water? What life can exist without water? Isn't water the source of life? Isn't water the source of consciousness? and water is the source of the Big Expansion here. I'm gonna stick with what I'm working with...at least I can understand it.

Give us some details about your version of the BB in as few words?
Let me see what you have?
Put up or shut up.
So you imagined your god. Fine.

You've been told many times by many people that water did not exist, nor did light, before the Big Bang. You may want to read a book on astronomy.

Or pick one of these videos. You might learn something

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...e+from+nothing

Old 08-20-2019, 12:58 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
...and so it was, prejudice does exist here. Predetermined...no real contest. And what a drag it's getting to be here putting up with that mentality here.
It isn't prejudice, it is the result of considering the information. Basing opinions on faith - that's prejudice.

Old 08-20-2019, 01:37 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:

...what existed before the BB?

Quantum fluctuations.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
So you imagined your god. Fine.

You've been told many times by many people that water did not exist, nor did light, before the Big Bang. You may want to read a book on astronomy.

Or pick one of these videos. You might learn something

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...e+from+nothing
I've been told by a few people that water did not exist, nor light, before the BB? And if you ask them why do they think that? they don't seem to know themselves.

That is why you think that, because you were told many, many times?

I told you where my God came from and why I doubt what you claim here.

Your claim that BB came from "Nothing," Something that did not existed.

Your biggest problem is finding something and trying to show me how it is "Nothing," it doesn't exist.

Seem to me like you've trapped yourself in a foolproof trap. But you can't imagine that. Fine.

Last edited by auralmack; 08-21-2019 at 08:55 AM..

Old 08-21-2019, 08:27 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
I've been told by a few people that water did not exist, nor light, before the BB? And if you ask them why do they think that? they don't seem to know themselves.

That is why you think that, because you were told many, many times?

I told you where my God came from and why I doubt what you claim here.

Your claim that BB came from "Nothing," Something that did not existed.

Your biggest problem is finding something and trying to show me how it is "Nothing," it doesn't exist.

Seem to me like you've trapped yourself in a foolproof trap. But you can't imagine that. Fine.

If I wanted to go read a book on astronomy I'd pull one off my shelf. You make a claim, I ask you what makes you think that? You tell me to go do something somewhere else? I'd rather not.

You really expect me to run around in circles trying to figure out why you think what you do? You closed your eyes and you see nothing, then you opened your eyes and saw things, where once was nothing, we're still waiting for that BB of the eyelids.
So you do not want to discuss science in the science section? There are many people there who will explain things to you.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Quantum fluctuations.
I've heard of 'em.

What is causing those "Quantum Fluctuations"? Dark Energy?

Is quantum causing the universe? or is the universe causing quantum? I dunno.

What are you thinking?

-

And then another white cloud passed by, it enveloped me, and I was by myself, but I was not alone…and I was in that white cloud. And I sat there and waited for a passerby…and he that was with me began speaking with the other part of himself…and I was inspired and began to write upon this white cloud as we passed by the windy city where everybody had their own little white clouds they floated around on. And they went to and fro in these little white clouds.

…and that looked just about as right as rain to me.

Last edited by auralmack; 08-21-2019 at 08:57 AM..

Old 08-21-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
So you do not want to discuss science in the science section? There are many people there who will explain things to you.
No HD, I'm more interested in the problems that surround us here on earth...

When I think Jesus was that Lamb killed by Abel form the foundation of the earth...and was born again as a man...what is that suggesting? Next time around you might be in that hamburger you just ate? Just wondering what you think about that? The big concept behind all the words of the Bible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality