Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 11:45 AM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
They translated stolen writings and rewrote it in their language. No European was given any divine revelation. Ever.
And what does that tell you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2019, 11:57 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,467,226 times
What does it tell you is the question you should be asking yourself.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:59 AM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
What does it tell you is the question you should be asking yourself.
I don't have much respect for not answering a question by simply posing another question.

Old 12-16-2019, 06:12 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accelerator View Post
-

As you rightly say.. it’s a story.

But.. are these bible stories.. ancient mythological riddles.. or a physical history.. ?

Could such stories really be symbolic accounts of what was occurring spiritually.. within the dimension of ideas.. meaning.. within the writer’s heart and mind.. ?

After all.. the bible is a spiritual book.. so that makes sense.. doesn't it.. ?

And didn’t Jesus say.. he was speaking in comparisons.. ?

This being the case..

Is the bible then.. an occult book.. ?

And.. God said..

“In a proverbial saying I will open my mouth; I will cause riddles of long ago to bubble forth..” - Psalms 78:2

So.. are the stories in the Bible to be considered as riddles.. ?

Or are they really evidence of the supernatural... ? =:-0

-
“Understand, and mark the parable and the interpretation, the words of the wise and their mysterious sayings; for the wise have used diverse manners of speech in making comparison with everything that is upon the earth, and beneath the sphere of the moon they have multiplied parables in this science.”

Thomas Aquinas
-
I recently watched a speech where a renowned scholar spoke about what happnes during death. . There is pain, the soul wants to leave but the body doesnt let it go and is tied to it and wants to hold on. He He said Jesus's crucifixion was a symbolic representation of that process , where there is pain, misery and the the entanglement. And the rebirth 2 days later suggest that the soul is eternal.

Old 12-27-2019, 12:10 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
I recently watched a speech where a renowned scholar spoke about what happnes during death. . There is pain, the soul wants to leave but the body doesnt let it go and is tied to it and wants to hold on. He He said Jesus's crucifixion was a symbolic representation of that process , where there is pain, misery and the the entanglement. And the rebirth 2 days later suggest that the soul is eternal.
No-one as far as I am aware, when describing Near Death Experiences, has said there is pain when you (potentially) finally leave your physical body. What I read in all the reports of this is that the part which is released from the physical has no pain and feels relief to have left it, and any pain associated with it, behind.
I dont care what "scholars" say, I am more inclined to believe what people of ALL religions and from all countries, cultures describe in their NDEs. Stop scaring yourself and read up on what they say.

Old 12-27-2019, 04:41 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
I think that is one way of looking at it. It can be viewed in a number of ways.

Old 12-27-2019, 04:45 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
No-one as far as I am aware, when describing Near Death Experiences, has said there is pain when you (potentially) finally leave your physical body. What I read in all the reports of this is that the part which is released from the physical has no pain and feels relief to have left it, and any pain associated with it, behind.
I dont care what "scholars" say, I am more inclined to believe what people of ALL religions and from all countries, cultures describe in their NDEs. Stop scaring yourself and read up on what they say.
Prior to the NDE there can be a great deal of pain from illness such as cancer. Reading the crucifixion symbolically, the pain and agony of illness may be a symbolized this way as well as coming to terms with leaving everyone and everything behind. I am also into NDEs.

Old 12-27-2019, 01:57 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,415 times
I have been taken out of my body thousands of times. I can lay down right now & ask God's Angels to lift me out of my body, & They will '& They'll take me to paradise to see great wonders. I am free & an immortal & that is because i gave my life to God unconditionally.

Religion teaches various concepts about God but you really won't know God till you meet God in person. Till then you'll have a kaleidoscopic mind that doesn't see clearly; regardless of how much scripture or philosophy you can parrot.

Old 12-27-2019, 02:41 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
oceans....can or will you tell us what you do in your 'ordinary' life?
Like do you have a wife, children, job?
I'm just wondering how you have all this time to go about traveling with the spirits

Old 12-27-2019, 06:57 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777
I am free & an immortal & that is because i gave my life to God unconditionally.
I think if you read the Out of Body literature you will find out that everyone is free and immortal and what you interpret as God there maybe another being further along their journey who is expressing great love. Do you feel that God has enough 'time' to manifest in front of everyone who goes on these travels?

Actually, it seems that 'time' is something we agree to believe in and experience in this Earth reality and it does not really exist at all. This means that when you are 'out' time has no meaning and it may all take place in very little time as we know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality