Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 03:20 PM

23,172 posts, read 10,463,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where does it state that they were created immortal?...Why would G-d have to stop them from eating from the tee of life and living forever if they were already immortal?...
I believe it is assumed because if they ate, they died, and if they didn't eat, they didn't die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 03:30 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I believe it is assumed because if they ate, they died, and if they didn't eat, they didn't die.
But then they could reverse it by eating from the tree of life?...And G-d couldn’t do anything about it?...Think about it, nowhere does it state that G-d created them immortal, it is just assumed...If they were immortal then they would need no food, water or sleep...G-d said since they ate from the tre of knowledge they have become like us, knowing the difference between good and bad...Satan also told the truth in that they would not die and they didn’t...

Old 09-15-2018, 04:06 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Should be?...Is that what it says in Hebrew?...
I was trying to conform the sentence to correct the sense that was in the original error to what is possible in the Hebrew.
The phrase "and now, lest he put forth his hand (שָׁלַח - shâlach יָד - י yad) would alternately be "and now send forth his hand" which makes more sense as what IS desired NOT something that is NOT desired.

Old 09-15-2018, 04:15 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
They were immortal before they ate, eating changed that.
That seems to be the only answer that makes sense. Sin- death, spilling over into the next life (big area for discussion there - but not by me, thanks ) but for sure having an end to earthly life, whereas before they would be immortal and so would their offspring. And the overpopulated world would have hit a thousand years ago.

But then not knowing good and evil, I suppose they would simply have disposed of the surplus population since they wouldn't know there was anything wrong in it.

Quote:
But then they could reverse it by eating from the tree of life?...And G-d couldn’t do anything about it?...Think about it, nowhere does it state that G-d created them immortal, it is just assumed...If they were immortal then they would need no food, water or sleep...G-d said since they ate from the tre of knowledge they have become like us, knowing the difference between good and bad...Satan also told the truth in that they would not die and they didn’t...
I suppose that's why they got thrown out of the garden, so they couldn't eat from the tree of life. But surely they didn't need to keep eating the stuff to remain immortal. But it would explain immortality. Everything died (including animals) but humans were immortal, so long as they could keep eating the fruit of the tree of life. Odd system.

Old 09-15-2018, 05:01 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transponder View Post
that seems to be the only answer that makes sense. Sin- death, spilling over into the next life (big area for discussion there - but not by me, thanks ) but for sure having an end to earthly life, whereas before they would be immortal and so would their offspring. And the overpopulated world would have hit a thousand years ago.

But then not knowing good and evil, i suppose they would simply have disposed of the surplus population since they wouldn't know there was anything wrong in it.

i suppose that's why they got thrown out of the garden, so they couldn't eat from the tree of life. But surely they didn't need to keep eating the stuff to remain immortal. But it would explain immortality. Everything died (including animals) but humans were immortal, so long as they could keep eating the fruit of the tree of life. Odd system.
😂.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
They died on the day they ate and their nakedness should be enough proof it, they began dying, but then I look at the story of Adam and Eve as a story of humanity, and Moses made sure that we would not take the creation story as literal because what Adam accomplishes in those 24 hours before Eve would have taken decades, and even if somebody isn't convinced that you can't name every living thing in 24 hours, you certainly couldn't harvest, and Adam toiled and harvested for so long without Eve that God looked down on him and said it wasn't good for him to be alone.

I believe in the big bang, and I don't see the bible contradicting that, indeed, it appears to me that humans should have believed in God the day that the big bang was proven in the 70's or 80's.

Of course I see Satan as being his son, he is a part of me as I am a body of flesh with a spirit that dwells inside of me as a marriage, only problem being is that the spirit of Adam had fallen, and thus I am fallen with a fallen spirit.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
That seems to be the only answer that makes sense. Sin- death, spilling over into the next life (big area for discussion there - but not by me, thanks ) but for sure having an end to earthly life, whereas before they would be immortal and so would their offspring. And the overpopulated world would have hit a thousand years ago.

But then not knowing good and evil, I suppose they would simply have disposed of the surplus population since they wouldn't know there was anything wrong in it.

I suppose that's why they got thrown out of the garden, so they couldn't eat from the tree of life. But surely they didn't need to keep eating the stuff to remain immortal. But it would explain immortality. Everything died (including animals) but humans were immortal, so long as they could keep eating the fruit of the tree of life. Odd system.
To know everything had to be prevented just God confused the tongues of people to separate humans so they wouldn't gain knowledge faster than what was supposed to happen. There are a certain amount of old souls that have to fall on this earth and be reborn. The number of those people were too many that the earth could not sustain them all and so 3 time periods of 2000 year intervals was appointed.

Once the internet was built, there is no stopping us because now everyone has all the information at their fingertips.

Now we are just waiting for a global flood, a repeat of Noah's flood.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
I always wondered about that some sort of we statement about good and evil partnership ? Yikes

Old 09-15-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
They died on the day they ate and their nakedness should be enough proof it, they began dying, but then I look at the story of Adam and Eve as a story of humanity, and Moses made sure that we would not take the creation story as literal because what Adam accomplishes in those 24 hours before Eve would have taken decades, and even if somebody isn't convinced that you can't name every living thing in 24 hours, you certainly couldn't harvest, and Adam toiled and harvested for so long without Eve that God looked down on him and said it wasn't good for him to be alone.

I believe in the big bang, and I don't see the bible contradicting that, indeed, it appears to me that humans should have believed in God the day that the big bang was proven in the 70's or 80's.

Of course I see Satan as being his son, he is a part of me as I am a body of flesh with a spirit that dwells inside of me as a marriage, only problem being is that the spirit of Adam had fallen, and thus I am fallen with a fallen spirit.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post

Well, the way it is worded, they would have to eat from the tree of life in order to live forever, if they had already been eating from the tree of life then they were immortal...Once one eats from the tree of life one is immortal...There is no indication or implication that they were created immortal nor that they maintained immortality by constantly eating from the tree of life...That would not be true immortality...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality