Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 03:07 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't understand...how come?
I’ll wait until Hanni figures it out, if he doesn’t in a timely manner, I’ll tell you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The first king of Israel said in his heart,'' If I let these people go up to Jerusalem to keep the feasts of the Lord, I will lose my kingdom and all my people will revert to the king of Judah.

The kingdom of Israel called the Torah a strange thing from the beginning, they became lawless and adopted the winter solstice and Easter in replacement of Passover and Sukkot. For 300 years they remained lawless until God ended them.

This is why Jesus tells us the story of the prodigal nation and the nation of Judah.

Judah never left the laws of Moses, it is already on their hearts. The house of Israel had removed the laws from their hearts as Christianity has. God says he is going to put them back.
Ahh, you figured it out...

Old 11-13-2018, 03:50 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Ahh, you figured it out...
I would have payed good money for that gem, thanks for correcting me, really.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:10 AM

Quote:
I would have payed good money for that gem, thanks for correcting me, really.
This is why one must argue, dig, turn over and examine, if the answer comes to easily then it is not the correct answer...

Old 11-14-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
This is why one must argue, dig, turn over and examine, if the answer comes to easily then it is not the correct answer...
It's too bad that you can't even discuss that scripture with most Christians, it would have had to been a Jew to teach me that.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:12 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
I must commend you for that point Richard and for Hannibal for seeing it. It is of course not unknown that Judah (or at least the writers in Judea) accused Israel of backsliding and being too tolerant of other gods and religions. Thus when the Assyrians obliterated the two tribes of the northern Kingdom, Judah, while dutifully grieving about it in a passage later hi -jacked by Matthew as a prophecy of a Herodian massacre that we can risk a bet never happened, their view was "those backsliding bastards had it coming".

Unsurprisingly, the line of the Judean Priestly clan was: "Do not say "A coalition", but rely upon God". And consider how Jerusalem survived an Assyrian siege while you're at it (and the less said about the sack of Laschish, and Hezekiah submitting and paying tribute, the better.)

But all that aside, I'm a bit curious about this idea of the idea of 'the laws of Moses written on the hearts of...let's be sure I didn't misread you...yes. Bot Israel and Judah has the Laws of Moses 'written on their hearts' but then Israel slipped away from the laws and Din't have the laws written on their hearts anymore (and paid the price) while Judah still Did have the Laws written on their hearts.

So how can you say that the 'written on the hearts' passage applies to Israel and not to Judah?

Old 11-14-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I must commend you for that point Richard and for Hannibal for seeing it. It is of course not unknown that Judah (or at least the writers in Judea) accused Israel of backsliding and being too tolerant of other gods and religions. Thus when the Assyrians obliterated the two tribes of the northern Kingdom, Judah, while dutifully grieving about it in a passage later hi -jacked by Matthew as a prophecy of a Herodian massacre that we can risk a bet never happened, their view was "those backsliding bastards had it coming".

Unsurprisingly, the line of the Judean Priestly clan was: "Do not say "A coalition", but rely upon God". And consider how Jerusalem survived an Assyrian siege while you're at it (and the less said about the sack of Laschish, and Hezekiah submitting and paying tribute, the better.)

But all that aside, I'm a bit curious about this idea of the idea of 'the laws of Moses written on the hearts of...let's be sure I didn't misread you...yes. Bot Israel and Judah has the Laws of Moses 'written on their hearts' but then Israel slipped away from the laws and Din't have the laws written on their hearts anymore (and paid the price) while Judah still Did have the Laws written on their hearts.

So how can you say that the 'written on the hearts' passage applies to Israel and not to Judah?
It is a whole lot of history and everyone has it in their mind that Israel were the same people as Judah just like you say here. We are talking about two different people, two different nations, two different religions..

The house of Israel did not have the law, they rejected the law for good reason, Jereboam knew he would lose his kingdom if they kept the same religion as the Jews. The first king changed everything and they called the law a strange thing from the beginning with decade after decade, century after century of allying with Egypt or Syria against Judah......They rejected the law for 300 years until their rejection ended their kingdom.

The ten tribes of Ephraim were never Jews, and there was always a divide between Joseph and David because of practical reasons. The prophesies of either seemed to rival each other where David would rule and then great blessings bestowed on Joseph to where you chose either side, and they were divided before they ever became kingdoms. David united them all for the first time when he built Jerusalem in Benjamin because Benjamin was the only tribe contained in both sides.

But no, they did not have the law, they built Bethel and Dan to turn their people away from the God of Israel until they literally became Gentiles.( Not My People)

Elijah was sent against Israel, not Judah, Judah has never let God, and Elijah was sent against Israel because of their dividision with Judah and separation from Jerusalem and the ways of God.

Most everyone reads about Israel thinking Israel are the same people as the people of Judah when they couldn't have been more different, one is lawless, the other is lawfull.......

Elijah came upon on Israel worshipping Baal because they were all pagan, and this is why Elijah says,'' GOOD LORD, I AM THE ONLY PERSON IN ALL OF ISRAEL WHO IS NOT A PAGAN.''

Then God told him about his 7000 remnant he reserves from the house Israel, the same remnant Paul claims to be a member of.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post

Because it says it right there in Jeremiah 31...

30 Behold, days are coming, says the Lord, and I will form a covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, a new covenant.

31 Not like the covenant that I formed with their forefathers on the day I took them by the hand to take them out of the land of Egypt, that they broke My covenant, although I was a lord over them, says the Lord.

32 For this is the covenant that I will form with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will place My law in their midst and I will inscribe it upon their hearts, and I will be their God and they shall be My people.

Notice in verse 30 that He is talking about the two houses, Judah and Israel, then in verse 32 He focuses on just the house of Israel, the Northern Kingdom...It is this House that He writes His Torah on the hearts of...

Last edited by Richard1965; 11-14-2018 at 05:45 PM..

Old 11-14-2018, 05:35 PM

Judah has never left the law but when Israel was still a nation, many Jews of Judah began taking on the paganism of Ephraim until God ended Ephraim and took Judah into Babylon .

They never left the law, they never called the law a strange thing, and again, Judah and Ephraim are in fact the two sons a man once had, one who stayed home, and one became a lawless prodigal nation and became as a dead man, but Judah was still going strong when Jesus shows us their history in that parable.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
It's too bad that you can't even discuss that scripture with most Christians, it would have had to been a Jew to teach me that.
Why not? That's who wrote the Tanach. I have always wondered why Christians won't trust Jews about their own book. To my mind that just seems so insulting, as well as illogical since it was also studied and argued by the Jews for many many generations, whereas the average Christian didn't even have access to reading it until a few hundred years ago (educated people only), and even then it was the reworded, Christianized version.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality