Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 07:22 PM

23,169 posts, read 10,459,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Why not? That's who wrote the Tanach. I have always wondered why Christians won't trust Jews about their own book. To my mind that just seems so insulting, as well as illogical since it was also studied and argued by the Jews for many many generations, whereas the average Christian didn't even have access to reading it until a few hundred years ago (educated people only), and even then it was the reworded, Christianized version.
Christians can't admit what the covenant says, they can't admit what the scriptures say concerning the Messiah coming to Ephraim and Judah to make them one people, they insert themselves into the covenant. Christians were grafted and adopted into Israel by converting to the same worship system as Jews, but this became impossible after the Jewish war, they had to give up everything Jewish, and when they did that, they no longer came under the covenant under the promise to Ephraim, the ten lost tribes.

Gentiles became co heirs as one people in what is known as the day of Jezreel, but that day came and went, and now we are waiting on the second day of Jezreel when Gentiles come back to their Jewish roots as the whole world becomes one in the second promised rain on Shemini Atzeret. There are two rains appointed. The first rain converted very many people, but when the second rain comes, the world will see immortals and the entire globe becomes one religion because of the rain of the feast of Tabernacles where God comes to Judah and transforms them into beings of light and the whole world will see and want the rain, and they are offered the rain in great hope when the whole world becomes one religion.

If we look at Ezekiel 37, we see the covenant realized in the Gentiles of Ephraim one with Judah, and by no stretch of the imagination can we place modern Christians in this covenant.

It has been lost to Christians that we have to come repenting as Ephraim, the ten lost tribes seeded into the Gentile nations where it says,'' Ten men from every nation will grasp the garment of one Jew and beg that Jew to teach him the ways of God, the law. This grasping of the garment says so much that you could write a book about it, it is insinuating that the ten tribes come back repenting and they are begging Jews to be called by their name, they are begging to be taught the law as disciples.

This is why Christians cannot speak on Jeremiah 31, they are no longer under that covenant. But the prophets show that they will come back, and thus, the law will be written on their hearts as it is with Judah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 07:38 PM

605 posts, read 335,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Obviously, Satan told the truth because G-d agreed with him...

Berei**** - Genesis - Chapter 3

5 For God knows that on the day that you eat thereof, your eyes will be opened, and you will be like angels, knowing good and evil."

22 Now the Lord God said, "Behold man has become like one of us, having the ability of knowing good and evil, and now, lest he stretch forth his hand and take also from the Tree of Life and eat and live forever."

This is a spin off from another thread...

actually it reads....
Genesis 3:5 King James Version (KJV)

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Sadly they did learn evil, just as God promised

Old 11-14-2018, 07:46 PM

605 posts, read 335,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
They died on the day they ate and their nakedness should be enough proof it, they began dying, but then I look at the story of Adam and Eve as a story of humanity, and Moses made sure that we would not take the creation story as literal because what Adam accomplishes in those 24 hours before Eve would have taken decades, and even if somebody isn't convinced that you can't name every living thing in 24 hours, you certainly couldn't harvest, and Adam toiled and harvested for so long without Eve that God looked down on him and said it wasn't good for him to be alone.

I believe in the big bang, and I don't see the bible contradicting that, indeed, it appears to me that humans should have believed in God the day that the big bang was proven in the 70's or 80's.

Of course I see Satan as being his son, he is a part of me as I am a body of flesh with a spirit that dwells inside of me as a marriage, only problem being is that the spirit of Adam had fallen, and thus I am fallen with a fallen spirit.
“For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night.” — Psalm 90:4 (ESV)

Old 11-14-2018, 09:18 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
Quote:
Why not? That's who wrote the Tanach. I have always wondered why Christians won't trust Jews about their own book. To my mind that just seems so insulting, as well as illogical since it was also studied and argued by the Jews for many many generations, whereas the average Christian didn't even have access to reading it until a few hundred years ago (educated people only), and even then it was the reworded, Christianized version.
It's because the Christian faith is about honoring people who might be less educated in that sense, because they are the common man. Because their faith is that God respects everything about the believers, it gives them the courage to make claims about understanding a book better than the more educated people without the same exact faith. In a way it's hard to refute that.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:37 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It's because the Christian faith is about honoring people who might be less educated in that sense, because they are the common man. Because their faith is that God respects everything about the believers, it gives them the courage to make claims about understanding a book better than the more educated people without the same exact faith. In a way it's hard to refute that.
What? No it sure isn't. Where do you get that?

By the way, if Bronze Age goatherders weren't the common man of the Middle East I don't know who was.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:27 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
actually it reads....
Genesis 3:5 King James Version (KJV)

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Sadly they did learn evil, just as God promised
Actually it reads:

5 For God knows that on the day that you eat thereof, your eyes will be opened, and you will be like angels, knowing good and evil."

22 Now the Lord God said, "Behold man has become like one of us, having the ability of knowing good and evil, and now, lest he stretch forth his hand and take also from the Tree of Life and eat and live forever."

Old 11-15-2018, 03:30 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Ahh, JerZ has been doing research...

Old 11-15-2018, 08:58 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Ahh, JerZ has been doing research...
Oh, no, that's not from research. I have wondered this since I was little, like five or six. I thought that meant I was some sort of bad person and that God would never love me because I could possibly have such bad thoughts. We weren't fundie or anything but there was plenty of fear already "in there" about going to hell for being bad.

As for.the part about being reworded/Christianized, I realized that maybe a few years later because I had a lot of Jewish friends and obviously their ideas were pretty different from the general Christian-ish environment...yet it was clear all through the OT was written about the Jews...for the Jews...and by the Jews.

I would sit there and wonder why nobody else realized this and whether I was going to go to hell for questioning God - which is what I thought I was doing.

It's sad that a little child could think this way. And it ISN'T only fundies or the very religious who are affected by this sort of thing, how I wish people realized this when they spouted out threats about "not letting Jesus into your heart".

Old 11-15-2018, 11:19 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
“For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night.” — Psalm 90:4 (ESV)
This is true, but God/ Satan also are very much aware of how We humans view time and how our 'version' of time works, how the progression feels and so forth.

'Their' version of time (1000 years equal to a day and vice versa), is THEIRS...it is not something ANY human can comprehend or can be familiar with....

Point is, when you are speaking to an audience, writing a book, trying to get something across or expressed...naturally you are going to use terms and 'versions' of things, your audience is familiar with, can relate to, etc. It would not make much sense for God to speak to a human and refer to HIS version of time, because it is something no human can relate to, cannot comprehend.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:15 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,150,355 times
Quote:
Obviously, Satan told the truth because G-d agreed with him...

This is a spin off from another thread...
Lies can have a measure of truth

In Genesis 3:22 God is pronouncing a sentence on the pair after they chose independence from God. Their choice alienated them from the source of life.

Berei****-Genesis - Chapter 3

4 "And the serpent said to the woman, You will surely not die."

Satan lied - Eve died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality