Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 05:45 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
So BFun, got an update?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 11:00 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Funny, he averages 10.5 posts a day and he’s been MIA since I posted this last night.

Going to the MAC (cash machine)machine BFun?

Not asking you to give all your money like the god you worship did. Just $48

Still have faith in you BFun

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 10-08-2018 at 11:13 AM..

Old 10-09-2018, 04:30 AM

How to defeat a fundie?

Challenge them with their money and needy homeless people.

Fundie kryptonite.

Still MIA over $48

Old 10-09-2018, 08:31 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Since the dust hath settled. I want to thank Jeff and BF for their stalwart efforts to defend Christianity in general, even if it means defending people who (for all I know) they have doctrinally consigned to Hell. But then Jews, Christians and Muslims will stand shoulder to shoulder in the wake of the Tsunami (the old one, not the recent one) to battle against doubters that this was sent by God to punish the wicked.

It seems to me that it is pointless to brate us for wanting the Ark to fail. For us, this is a shocking centre of lies and misinformation, even if it wasn't financially and legally dodgy. That it creates jobs and local business is not a reason to approve it, but a pretext for excusing it. As I said, I'd be happy with the thing, thunderous eyesore that it is, if it was turned into an evolutionary information centre.

The supposed benefits haven't materialised as much as were promised, though it's probably doing OK. A steady flow of visitors and income. And how many will go back a second time?

In all we are probably stuck with it and Ken Ham, and it isn't the Creation Museum and Bible Disneyland going into receivership that will see this blot on the American cultural and educational landscape bulldozed into landfill, but a change in American thought.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Hey BFun, BEGOOD and give that $48 you would have spent on a ticket for me and hand it to one of the many homeless people you have in your nearest town.

I have faith you will do that
Now that you are back posting.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:25 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Since the dust hath settled. I want to thank Jeff and BF for their stalwart efforts to defend Christianity in general, even if it means defending people who (for all I know) they have doctrinally consigned to Hell. But then Jews, Christians and Muslims will stand shoulder to shoulder in the wake of the Tsunami (the old one, not the recent one) to battle against doubters that this was sent by God to punish the wicked.

It seems to me that it is pointless to brate us for wanting the Ark to fail. For us, this is a shocking centre of lies and misinformation, even if it wasn't financially and legally dodgy. That it creates jobs and local business is not a reason to approve it, but a pretext for excusing it. As I said, I'd be happy with the thing, thunderous eyesore that it is, if it was turned into an evolutionary information centre.

The supposed benefits haven't materialised as much as were promised, though it's probably doing OK. A steady flow of visitors and income. And how many will go back a second time?

In all we are probably stuck with it and Ken Ham, and it isn't the Creation Museum and Bible Disneyland going into receivership that will see this blot on the American cultural and educational landscape bulldozed into landfill, but a change in American thought.
What the Ark Encounter really is, for sure...is a glaring example of how much mojo Religion has.
Religion can get jillions of people to do almost anything. And much of it some really messed up stuff. Wow.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:52 PM

Thank you for explaining that to us, Goldie old mate. We were really unaware of the Clout the religion has worldwide, and what a job of work we have got to do.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesvitch View Post
Its a joke, no wood boat could be that big, not all the species could have fit and it goes on and on. BS LOL
Our old Mate Eusebius was really the best opponent we ever had on the subject. Somehow he dropped his argument that the Chinese in the Ming dynasty made ocean -going ships even longer than than the Ark. Or perhaps be accepted that the only way such a ship could be seaworthy was if it was iron-framed (and the Ming of course, had iron). So the debate was about proving that Noah, as well as being a wealthy businessman, an expert shipbuilder, an expert vet. (since you lose a single animal, and the species is extinct)and an inventor that would have made Leonardo look like Homer Simpson, he was an expert forger of iron even before the bronze age.

For some reason, he preferred not to go down the Baryma route of reducing all the species to a cat -sized originator of all species, perhaps because 1,000 years of High- speed Darwinism, post flood, didn't sit well with him. Instead he had a simple and elegantly Eusebian answer: "It says so in the Bible, so it must have happened in some way."

Old 10-10-2018, 06:28 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Thank you for explaining that to us, Goldie old mate. We were really unaware of the Clout the religion has worldwide, and what a job of work we have got to do.
Glad to help.
But...don't waste your time. You can accomplish more pounding sand, or spitting into a strong wind.
Not that I revel in that fact...but, just the reality of it.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:05 PM

And, I have told you before, The first Christians were no doubt told the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality