Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 08:40 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Making the judgment that they are all equally valid is a judgement.
I am going to have to quote myself, as you seem to have a reading comprehension problem this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post

The coexist decal isn’t about value judgments. It isn’t stating religions are equal, or valid, or anything else. It says almost nothing about religion.
Now, your griping about C-D is still misplaced. You are pushing for special status for your specific definition of Christianity. Why should your sect get special recognition and privilege above others? Have you looked at the cesspool that is the Christianity forum? People are always arguing about what is doctrinal, scriptural, Christian or heresy. Do you think that the collective membership in there could arrive at some sort of agreement?

I don’t.

So once again we come back to BF wishing he could deny the label if christian to people based upon BF’s personal preferences.

How does that make any sense? Who made you king of the forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 08:47 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
...snip...

How does that make any sense? Who made you king of the forum?

He's a frustrated fundie. He knows his sub-sect is new to the religion scene and will very likely be among the first to depart. His angst is showing and he's railing against the system - impotently, like a bellowing mastodon sinking into a tar pit.

It's kinda musical.

Old 10-03-2018, 01:08 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:

So once again we come back to BF wishing he could deny the label if christian to people based upon BF’s personal preferences.
I haven't made that statement on this thread, nor really ever that it's up to my preference. That's called a strawman argument. It's easier to defeat an argument you make up and put in the other person's mouth, isn't it?

Old 10-03-2018, 03:24 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
I haven't made that statement on this thread, nor really ever that it's up to my preference. That's called a strawman argument. It's easier to defeat an argument you make up and put in the other person's mouth, isn't it?
You are not being honest, BF. You DO think your beliefs about Christianity are the only legitimate ones and that IS your preference. Just because YOU believe they are the only ones that truly came from God does NOT make it so.

Old 10-03-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are not being honest, BF. You DO think your beliefs about Christianity are the only legitimate ones and that IS your preference. Just because YOU believe they are the only ones that truly came from God does NOT make it so.
Just like you think YOUR views are the correct ones. But am I suggesting that it's YOUR preference? Weird how that works.

And for the record, no--I don't believe i get to determine doctrine. I've said that many times. So please stop suggesting otherwise.

Last edited by BaptistFundie; 10-03-2018 at 03:49 PM..

Old 10-03-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Just like you think YOUR views are the correct ones. But am I suggesting that it's YOUR preference?
Huh? What else could it be if NOT your preference or mine????

Old 10-03-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Huh? What else could it be if NOT your preference or mine????
My point is....Do YOU believe you get to determine who is and is not a Christian? I think you do. You are always ranting about "barbaric beliefs..."

So why are you pretending to get offended at someone else suggesting anything close to it?

Old 10-03-2018, 07:31 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Quote:

Well, you did say this:

Quote:
Wasn't met as a slam. It's a simple observation. My religion states that ONLY those that have a faith in Jesus, whom is God, are saved. ONLY those that trust in him. There are many that disagree with that statement, but still call themselves Christians. To state that one is NOT a Christian here is simply not accepted. So, while we can certainly get along, and should make every effort to be cordial and nice to each other, it's naive to think this forum practices that.

So while I was not quoting you, I believe that I was accurately describing your belief. You feel that the forum is biased because there is a rule that you disagree with, and that rule does not allow you to deny the label of Christian to others.

I don’t see you citing any third party for this gripe, therefore it must be yours. If it is in fact yours, then you must believe that it is legitimate.

You can play semantic games and try to claim that it isn’t up to you, and that somebody else, or some verse has determined it to be true, but you also have the ability to follow, or not follow, whateve4 authority you wish to drag out.

Ultimately, you have a belief that some are unjustly calling themselves Christians, you wish you could deny them that privilege or chastise them for it, and you think the forum is unjust for denying you that privilege.

That is what I said, that is what you said, and your statements above prove it.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Well, you did say this:

So while I was not quoting you, I believe that I was accurately describing your belief. You feel that the forum is biased because there is a rule that you disagree with, and that rule does not allow you to deny the label of Christian to others.

I don’t see you citing any third party for this gripe, therefore it must be yours. If it is in fact yours, then you must believe that it is legitimate.

You can play semantic games and try to claim that it isn’t up to you, and that somebody else, or some verse has determined it to be true, but you also have the ability to follow, or not follow, whateve4 authority you wish to drag out.

Ultimately, you have a belief that some are unjustly calling themselves Christians, you wish you could deny them that privilege or chastise them for it, and you think the forum is unjust for denying you that privilege.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Well, you did say this:

Well done. Too soon.

He only fools fellow fools.

The rest of us have been on to him for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality