Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 05:12 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Remind me of the five men who face north
And the five men who face south sir.
Do you remember the two greatest commands to speak of concerning the mount olives?
While you regress, the patience and perseverance escapes your grasp. If only shechem were moved to give a blessing.
Then perhaps your heart would be healed.
When the time comes then you will be given permission to teach and walk with others.
Human psychological development proceeds in stages. The earliest stage when we are young and learning to be adult, reward and punishment are the tools used to direct our behavior and attitudes. As we mature and enter society in adolescence, we adopt role models and mirror the behavior of those we admire or wish to be like. This is the stage that endures throughout the majority of our adult life with changes in which role models we choose to emulate. As we develop an inner sense of values that we resonate with, our inner character becomes more and more our reference and we can ignore and reject any outside influence that violates our inner sense of values and rightness. That is our goal and Jesus achieved the epitome of it and was able to withstand the most extreme external consequences while retaining His inner value of agape love for ALL. "Forgive them, Father, they know not what they do." We may not be able to achieve that level of maturity, but we don't need to thanks to Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 05:17 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Human psychological development proceeds in stages. The earliest stage when we are young and learning to be adult, reward and punishment are the tools used to direct our behavior and attitudes. As we mature and enter society in adolescence, we adopt role models and mirror the behavior of those we admire or wish to be like. This is the stage that endures throughout the majority of our adult life with changes in which role models we choose to emulate. As we develop an inner sense of values that we resonate with, our inner character becomes more and more our reference and we can ignore and reject any outside influence that violates our inner sense of values and rightness. That is our goal and Jesus achieved the epitome of it and was able to withstand the most extreme external consequences while retaining His inner value of agape love for ALL. "Forgive them, Father, they know not what they do." We may not be able to achieve that level of maturity, but we don't need to thanks to Jesus.
I asked if you remembered something I shared with you.

And you ignored me with a response of I hAte what you shared.

You have insulted charity for the last time.

Your blood Is on is your own head.

Old 10-08-2018, 07:18 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I asked if you remembered something I shared with you.
And you ignored me with a response of I hAte what you shared.
You have insulted charity for the last time.
Your blood Is on is your own head.
My brother, I appreciate your sincere desire to correct me using your understanding, but I have a great deal of difficulty following your posts and esoteric references. If I misunderstand or offend you in any way, please forgive me as I know our Father does. I hate nothing because hate casts out love. I fear nothing because fear casts out love. Know this, brother, I appreciate the love you show for me by wanting to correct me and I return that love as I try to correct you.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:43 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,421,785 times
I'm still scratching my head over what "prusing the oppressive thought" means.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:34 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It’s talking about the King of Tyre, not Satan...
I am always looking inward as if the thing was spoken to me in 3 ways, that I am body, soul, and spirit, and that IS the garden.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:36 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I'm still scratching my head over what "prusing the oppressive thought" means.
judging by your rep stat and.the impossibility of math that is obvoious.you could not of accrued such a rep stat unless you weren a prusn.

data staff nob.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:23 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Sinful thought is not sin but action is...
Action begins with thought . Happened to me personally, whatever I wished bad for others, happened to me. I didnt even have to act.

Again, you pay your bills. No one else.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
And there's my point. We are born with spiritual inclinations but not completely spiritual desires. Being "good" has to be taught. Not because all of us would automatically be "bad" without instruction but because it is our nature to care about our own needs first.

And some of us unfortunates, because of neurological difficulties are born with no inclination whatsoever to be "good." Nor will they ever. Those we call psychopaths.

I have a lot of difficulty looking at a newborn and thinking that that child was born sinful. But if you define selfishness or self-centeredness as sin in your religious beliefs then I would think you'd have to say that children are born with sin.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:24 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
And there's my point. We are born with spiritual inclinations but not completely spiritual desires. Being "good" has to be taught. Not because all of us would automatically be "bad" without instruction but because it is our nature to care about our own needs first.

And some of us unfortunates, because of neurological difficulties are born with no inclination whatsoever to be "good." Nor will they ever. Those we call psychopaths.

I have a lot of difficulty looking at a newborn and thinking that that child was born sinful. But if you define selfishness or self-centeredness as sin in your religious beliefs then I would think you'd have to say that children are born with sin.
Wrong definition: "sin" would be the conscious choice to gratify a selfish desire at the expense of another person or the society.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Wrong definition: "sin" would be the conscious choice to gratify a selfish desire at the expense of another person or the society.
Wouldn't your definition mean in a society that had enough no sin would exist? It seems more complicated and intrinsic than that to me.

My point is that if we continue to live in the natural condition we are born in then it is sin according to religious teachings. At some point we need to reject the inclinations of our infant state.

Where would you define when that state becomes sinful if it isn't sinful to begin with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality