Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 10:31 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
From what I read, Djinn are something much older, and a bit different than demons, in that they have their own 'community' they are male and female, they can procreate, not immortal, but long life.

I have heard of Djinn being referred to as 'the watchers' as well.
The djinn, or jinn, are the magical genies of Persian folklore.

Wikipedia
Jinn
Jinn (Arabic: الجن‎, al-jinn), also Romanized as djinn or Anglicized as genies (with the more broad meaning of spirits or demons, depending on source) are supernatural creatures in early Arabian and later Islamic mythology and theology.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn

Jeannie in the TV show "I Dream of Jeannie," was a magical genie.

I called on Jeannie to come and possess me many times when I was a young fella. These stupid claims never work as advertised, dammit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 11:40 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
The djinn, or jinn, are the magical genies of Persian folklore.

Wikipedia
Jinn
Jinn (Arabic: الجن‎, al-jinn), also Romanized as djinn or Anglicized as genies (with the more broad meaning of spirits or demons, depending on source) are supernatural creatures in early Arabian and later Islamic mythology and theology.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn

Jeannie in the TV show "I Dream of Jeannie," was a magical genie.

I called on Jeannie to come and possess me many times when I was a young fella. These stupid claims never work as advertised, dammit.
Im not sure how Djinn became the harmless, even friendly genie over time, Djinn may have granted you wishes, but I imagine they would twist it in some way so your didnt like what you actually got!!

Ive also see Djinn referred to as being 'the Watchers', something not quite on the level of an angel, but something more than human too.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:16 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Read on attributes of god. Neither of those concepts applies. It is a non dimensional entity. Hence, one or many is irrelevant. Dimensions, time, space, quantity - none of this is applicable. God manifests itself as needed for the purpose it serves. It can be many, it can be one, it can be burning bush or raging river.

Not off topic at all, good question. Same goes for referring to god as he. It is utterly ridiculous, yet stuck so well, that not many dare to questions this.
Pretty much off topic, but while we are on it.

Here's a concept. No one will argue, in sane mind, that god is not conscious.

Hence, god is derivative of consciousness. Secondary, a product of it. This partially explains, why any of those gods are so anthropomorphic. They are a certain bridge between Consciousness and humanity.

I think, it was Bertram Russell, who said that he fells sorry for gods, as carry they do humanity burdens on their shoulders.
The reference to one or more Gods/gods/Elohim is relevant for multiple reasons, one of which is that it points to multiple creators unless one believes in the triune God/god.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:31 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
Holy Spirit of God told here that there are four kinds of demons : Cognitive disruptors demons , mobility disruptor demons, abdomen disruptor demons , gland disruptor demons , which will hurt the body of man and animals , as these demons are a menace................. Then there is powers of darkness which brings power to harm for demons and wicked fallen angels ........ fallen angels which are angels that God rejected are not demons , as these are alien to the flesh of man , but will hold curses against man and animals

Old 10-11-2018, 10:49 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im not sure how Djinn became the harmless, even friendly genie over time, Djinn may have granted you wishes, but I imagine they would twist it in some way so your didnt like what you actually got!!

Ive also see Djinn referred to as being 'the Watchers', something not quite on the level of an angel, but something more than human too.
Does it occur to you that supernatural beings such as djinn, jinn, and genies are nothing more than an invention of the human imagination, much like elves, sprites, fairies, leprechauns, ghosts... demons, angels and gods?

Old 10-11-2018, 03:32 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Holy Spirit of God told here that there are four kinds of demons : Cognitive disruptors demons , mobility disruptor demons, abdomen disruptor demons , gland disruptor demons , which will hurt the body of man and animals , as these demons are a menace................. Then there is powers of darkness which brings power to harm for demons and wicked fallen angels ........ fallen angels which are angels that God rejected are not demons , as these are alien to the flesh of man , but will hold curses against man and animals
Is this "fundamentally" biblical?

Old 10-12-2018, 02:00 PM

19,037 posts, read 27,614,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
The reference to one or more Gods/gods/Elohim is relevant for multiple reasons, one of which is that it points to multiple creators unless one believes in the triune God/god.

There is one origin of everything. Eternal unity of Consciousness/Space/Substance.

What you are referring to is subproduct of the great three. It is for the physical plane of the physical world, called "universe" as we know it.
The Great Trimurti is in the Realm of Permanence, encompassing and permeating the "universe".
Consciousness gives everything its function, Substance is its "building material" and Space contains it all.

Gods, you are referring to, are egregarial entities. They come to existence and parish, just like civilizations come, grow and disappear.

Old 10-12-2018, 03:53 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
There is one origin of everything. Eternal unity of Consciousness/Space/Substance.

What you are referring to is subproduct of the great three. It is for the physical plane of the physical world, called "universe" as we know it.
The Great Trimurti is in the Realm of Permanence, encompassing and permeating the "universe".
Consciousness gives everything its function, Substance is its "building material" and Space contains it all.

Gods, you are referring to, are egregarial entities. They come to existence and parish, just like civilizations come, grow and disappear.
You mean “perish”, right?...

Old 10-14-2018, 02:35 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Yet, "God and his angels" are technically "multiple creators" (Elohim) or "God talking with his angels using the royal we" (Elohim) would also explain it. Many ways to split the hairs.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:35 AM

8,226 posts, read 3,424,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
2018 and some people still believe in 'demons'. You couldn't make it up!
And your reason for not believing? Because someone told you there aren't any?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality