Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 10:27 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiros7 View Post
it could be developed actualized or innate
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 10:31 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
New age, just like old age, is selling a none existent product to people that need to believe.

And if people need to believe in something spiritual, I am fine with that so long as it does not hurt others.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
The above "quote from Jesus" is found in John 14:17. The Gospel According to John was written near the beginning of the second century, 60-70 years after Jesus was executed, by an individual that almost certainly never met Jesus.
And was still being written around 100 years later, when chapter 21 was added.

And I thought ghost written meant something else.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
well, it may be nonsense to you. but what about the believer who chooses to believe because he is endowed with the individual freedom to believe. only autocrats who think they are intellectually superior seem to condemn those with such beliefs.
And now back to reality.

Quote:
my rebuttal to non- tolerant secularists is this: nobody can prove or disprove the possibilty of a creator
Why focus on non- tolerant secularists (otherwise known as people who disagree with you)? The evidence applies to tolerant secularists as well.

Do intelligent beings exist for no reason? No. That makes a creator the least probable answer possible, so we have no reason to believe.

Do you have any evidence of this improbable creator? If not, you are logically and mathematically most probably wrong, and we have no reason to believe.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:46 AM

241 posts, read 95,233 times
[quote=Harry Diogenes;53398876]And now back to reality.

Why focus on non- tolerant secularists (otherwise known as people who disagree with you)? The evidence applies to tolerant secularists as well.

Do intelligent beings exist for no reason? No. That makes a creator the least probable answer possible, so we have no reason to believe.

Do you have any evidence of this improbable creator? If not, you are logically and mathematically most probably wrong, and we have no reason to believe.[/QUOte

this is a country that condones religious freedom; therefore, people have a right to believe in ghosts, talking spoons or nothing. i am happy that people disagree with my beliefs because that assures that our individual freedom is still condoned. i dont convert people. but i believe what i developed to believe

Old 10-18-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
And now back to reality.

Do you have any evidence of this improbable creator? If not, you are logically and mathematically most probably wrong, and we have no reason to believe.

this is a country that condones religious freedom; therefore, people have a right to believe in ghosts, talking spoons or simply this: nothing. i am happy that people disagree with my beliefs because that assures that our individual freedom is still condoned. i dont convert people. but i believe what i developed to believe

excuse cell phone gramnar

Old 10-18-2018, 10:55 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
"There is no God," says Stephen Hawking in final book
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/16/healt...ntl/index.html

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text. For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions." -- Albert Einstein, written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.
Think Einstein believed in God? You probably haven’t read this letter he wrote in 1954 – DeadState

Old 10-18-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
New age, just like old age, is selling a none existent product to people that need to believe.

And if people need to believe in something spiritual, I am fine with that so long as it does not hurt others.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8158891.html

Old 10-18-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
"There is no God," says Stephen Hawking in final book
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/16/healt...ntl/index.html

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text. For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions." -- Albert Einstein, written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.
Think Einstein believed in God? You probably haven’t read this letter he wrote in 1954 – DeadState
as a person who believes in a creator, i am fine to be classified as a weak subjective minded person who believes in fairy tales

i love everybody---jews, muslims, gays, blacks, conservatives, hindus, atheist, secularist

here is an interesting poll:

Old 10-18-2018, 11:17 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
as a person who believes in a creator, i am fine to be classified as a weak subjective minded person who believes in fairy tales

i love everybody---jews, muslims, gays, blacks, conservatives, hindus, atheist, secularist

here is an interesting poll:

That's great because that's what the adults here are going to do predominantly through this thread.

Geniuses are not always open to diverse worldviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality