Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 02:59 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,417,848 times

Advertisements

I am 75 years old. Last year I received a diagnosis of cancer. A friend came over to visit and discuss with me his journey with cancer. We were sitting on the couch talking when suddenly he stopped and said "have you ever seen that before?" He was pointing at this reflection that appeared on the wall in our living room. I said "No. Never. We have lived in this house for 11 years and I have never seen that happen before." That was almost two years ago and we have never seen it again. I have since thought about it and have figured out how the reflection happened and still wonder about the timing.
I'm taking it as a sign that HE was with me. By the way, I am now cancer free.
Attached Thumbnails
A timely reflection-39786093_1871129319861191_9002740043600625664_o.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 03:07 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
I am 75 years old. Last year I received a diagnosis of cancer. A friend came over to visit and discuss with me his journey with cancer. We were sitting on the couch talking when suddenly he stopped and said "have you ever seen that before?" He was pointing at this reflection that appeared on the wall in our living room. I said "No. Never. We have lived in this house for 11 years and I have never seen that happen before." That was almost two years ago and we have never seen it again. I have since thought about it and have figured out how the reflection happened and still wonder about the timing.
Congratulations!

I assume the reflection was there for the 10 years before your diagnosis, but you hadn't noticed it until your chat with your friend. Many people who go in remission from cancer often don't have even half as interesting of tales to tell.

So, reveal the secret. What object caused the reflection?

Old 12-03-2018, 04:29 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times
I can remember one time as a teenager during Christmas holidays with my family. We were riding at night down the highway and I was looking out the window at something that looked like a face. I knew exactly what was causing it. But it did give me comfort as a reminder that God was always with us as we were facing some difficulties.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:41 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
It’s so kewl god created cancer just for these moments.

Gotta wonder why god is keeping you from paradise? What did you do wrong?

Old 12-03-2018, 08:27 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Happy to hear the OP is cancer-free.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:02 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Hi slingshot...I know what you mean where there is something there that never was and only there that one time....signs and synchronicities happen all the time and 'we' see them....the white feather that floats by
at the moment of your mom's death 1000 miles away...
the waiting room filled with pipe aroma when your grampa passed down the hall...
Ignore the bozos that don't get it...that was some photo, slingshot. Congratulations on no cancer. xo

Old 12-03-2018, 10:10 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
Dear Slingshot: Many moons ago I was hit with what some describe as non existent (ball lightning) in a storm in the Blue Ridge mountains of Va. A 1 foot ball of fire rolled past my father in law and hit Rosey dead on (sitting on a wooden bench in the storm.) It hurt big time down to every fibre of my being.

Well, young man, the Lord of glory is good and He is indeed with you. May His exceeding love and grace continue in expansive overtures as you walk with Him!

I posted a wee story the other day which falls into a measure of what you saw.

A young man who had been raised as an atheist was training to be an Olympic diver. The only religious influence in his life came from his outspoken Christian friend. The young diver never really paid much attention to his friend's sermons, but he heard them often.

One night the diver went to the indoor pool at the college he attended. The lights were all off, but as the pool had big skylights and the moon was bright, there was plenty of light to practice by. The young man climbed up to the highest diving board and as he turned his back to the pool on the edge of the board and extended his arms out, he saw his shadow on the wall. The shadow of his body in the shape of a cross. Instead of diving, he knelt down and asked God to come into his life. As the young man stood, a maintenance man walked in and turned the lights on. The pool had been drained for repairs.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:26 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
As the young man stood, a maintenance man walked in
and turned the lights on. The pool had been drained for repairs.
I LOVE this story!!
Similar to Charles Stanley's transforming exp...He was about to step in water and reach up to
a single light bulb hanging by a chain....the phone rang...no one there, Hahahahaha....he turned to see what he almost did!

But, I'm sure it was nothing....LOL
It's 1 in a thousand that gets it.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
It’s so kewl god created cancer just for these moments.

Gotta wonder why god is keeping you from paradise? What did you do wrong?
I suppose those are indeed some major implications of the general and historical Christian belief systems that we have or have had around.

If one were trying to use this occurrence as a "happenstance" evidence of Christian beliefs being accurate or factually delivering, then one would be prompted to bring to mind such implications. But they would be waved away by shifting the blame. For example, Humans/other spirits could be blamed for all that is evil/calamitous, and God only to blame for what is good. Although in the myths and current theology, God created everything, so should be ultimately responsible for everything. Then again, if Might makes Right, then he doesn't have to be anything or if he knows best, then perhaps this is the best of all possible worlds, dear Candide.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
The young diver never really paid much attention to his friend's sermons, but he heard them often.

One night the diver went to the indoor pool at the college he attended. The lights were all off, but as the pool had big skylights and the moon was bright, there was plenty of light to practice by. The young man climbed up to the highest diving board and as he turned his back to the pool on the edge of the board and extended his arms out, he saw his shadow on the wall. The shadow of his body in the shape of a cross. Instead of diving, he knelt down and asked God to come into his life. As the young man stood, a maintenance man walked in and turned the lights on. The pool had been drained for repairs.
The first would be called hypnotism, the second would be called a cathartic story that even Muslims can feel when they turn their lives over to Islam. It is even probably a false story meme which gets passed on because of desirous and factionist attitudes for good feelings and vain worldly (for supernatural powers and immortality) hopes. I mean look at all the actual and traceable stories of people (even children) dying by drowning in pools. Christian children too. So odd to ignore the many many "miss stories" for the 1 in a thousand "near-miss stories." I guess its the "drama" and "twists" that everyone is fond of.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 12-03-2018 at 01:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality