Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 01:13 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times

Advertisements

why is miss h one of the few people that can call me a bozo ...AND ... I feel the need to apologize for being one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 01:44 PM

2,004 posts, read 3,418,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Congratulations!

So, reveal the secret. What object caused the reflection?
The reflection had never been there as long as we have owned the house (11 years) and it will never happen again. The reason that I know is because, at least, two things had to had happened for that reflection to be produced at that spot. First, the front door had to be open at the time the sun was in the correct spot in the sky. The door is on the north side of the house and the sun was on the south, or back side. (3:30pm) The sun's rays had to have something with which to reflect. Enter my friend's truck that parked at the perfect spot for that to happen. My wife and I never park where he did. The rays reflected off the side window of the truck. Second is the storm door that was closed. The edge of the storm door has two lines etched around the outside of the pane. Those can be seen in the photo. They make up the cross. The reason that it will never happen again is because a neighbor broke the storm door glass when a piece of his lawn mower broke and came crashing through the storm door shattering it to pieces. The new storm door has no lines etched in it.

To me, the importance is not how the reflection happened but that it happened at that particular moment. Note the thread title.

I respect the opinions of non-believers but I am not one. I am a believer. The story that I have about the 'lost keys' is even better, but it's long.

Last edited by slingshot; 12-03-2018 at 02:20 PM..

Old 12-03-2018, 02:14 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,031,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
The first would be called hypnotism, the second would be called a cathartic story that even Muslims can feel when they turn their lives over to Islam. It is even probably a false story meme which gets passed on because of desirous and factionist attitudes for good feelings and vain worldly (for supernatural powers and immortality) hopes. I mean look at all the actual and traceable stories of people (even children) dying by drowning in pools. Christian children too. So odd to ignore the many many "miss stories" for the 1 in a thousand "near-miss stories." I guess its the "drama" and "twists" that everyone is fond of.
Dear L.T. Dismiss the entire episode to drama, hit and miss stories if you wish. Perhaps you are among those who dismiss "ball lightening" as well. Do you think Rosey has ended up being sub normal for no reason?

Old 12-03-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
The reflection had never been there as long as we have owned the house (11 years) and it will never happen again. The reason that I know is because, at least, two things had to had happened for that reflection to be produced at that spot. First, the front door had to be open at the time the sun was in the correct spot in the sky. The door is on the north side of the house and the sun was on the south, or back side. (3:30pm) The sun's rays had to have something with which to reflect. Enter my friend's truck that parked at the perfect spot for that to happen. My wife and I never park where he did. The rays reflected off the side window of the truck. Second is the storm door that was closed. The edge of the storm door has two lines etched around the outside of the pane. Those can be seen in the photo. They make up the cross. The reason that it will never happen again is because a neighbor broke the storm door glass when a piece of his lawn mower broke and came crashing through the storm door shattering it to pieces. The new storm door has no lines etched in it.

To me, the importance is not how the reflection happened but that it happened at that particular moment.

I respect the opinions of non-believers but I am not one. I am a believer. The story that I have about the 'lost keys' is even better, but it's long.

Dear Slingshot: The timings of our God are beyond our wee understanding. If just one time an individual is exposed to this Living One, more than your storm door is shattered!

Why don't you take some time and post a Readers Digest version of the "lost keys"? I as a fellow believer in the "I Am" am interested.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:00 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
why is miss h one of the few people that can call me a bozo ...AND ...
I feel the need to apologize for being one?
Because you are an especially good person...and we all know it.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear Slingshot: The timings of our God are beyond our wee understanding. If just one time an individual is exposed to this Living One, more than your storm door is shattered!

Why don't you take some time and post a Readers Digest version of the "lost keys"? I as a fellow believer in the "I Am" am interested.
Okay. But it will be later today. It's 2:34am and I just got up and I'm not quite awake. Still working on a cup of coffee.

Also, I would like to thank everyone that replied to my thread, regardless of their beliefs.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:47 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,070,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear L.T. Dismiss the entire episode to drama, hit and miss stories if you wish. Perhaps you are among those who dismiss "ball lightening" as well. Do you think Rosey has ended up being sub normal for no reason?
It is not dismissed, it is recognized.
I have no reason to doubt "ball lightning." In fact, well-known scientists in science shows have said they understand of the existence of such phenomena, even going as far as to use them as a possible explanation for UFOs. Do I think that I understand "ball lightning?" Well no. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal and I don't think the particular scientists (although their identity currently escapes me) would be lying about that issue.

According to Wiki: "Laboratory experiments can produce effects that are visually similar to reports of ball lightning, but how these relate to the natural phenomenon remains unclear." The citation references a 2010 paper from the Soviet Journal of E&TPL. It seems the accounts of "experiences" with natural ball-lighting vary too much and are too inconsistent to describe a concrete nature to the possible substance from such stories.

I'm not sure what you mean by Rosay ending up being "subnormal."

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 12-04-2018 at 01:57 AM..

Old 12-04-2018, 02:07 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Ball lightning is a touchstone example of the way that "Unknowns" can be approached rationally or irrationally.

In the UFO days, 'Ball lightning' was just another UFO phenomenon like 'Foo -fighters', Fatima and crop -circles. They were Evidence of UFO's and why did science continue to deny them?

In fact science never denied the existence of some UFO phenomena, indeed how could crop circles be denied? But UFOs (translated as evidence of spacecraft piloted by alien beings) was another matter. Setting aside misperception, delusions, flawed research methodology and sheer fakery, the phenomenon was Unknown. It was Not evidence of flying saucers. The believers simply could not understand this way of thinking.

Eventually Ball Lightning became something that could at least find its' way into science with something like an explanation and, while it became scientifically respectable, it became lost forever to the UFO world. This is the paradox of the Unknowns: all the time they are unknown, they could be evidence of the supernatural. But, once they are explained and become "Science", they are no longer evidence of the supernatural.

One theist apologist here, having this explained to him, protested that this wasn't fair as this meant that all the evidence put forward for God was either invalid or not evidence for God at all.

I replied that atheists comprising only 8% of the populace and a universally detested 8% too, needed something at least to weigh in for us.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 12-04-2018 at 02:21 AM..

Old 12-04-2018, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
Okay. But it will be later today. It's 2:34am and I just got up and I'm not quite awake. Still working on a cup of coffee.

Also, I would like to thank everyone that replied to my thread, regardless of their beliefs.
Dear Slingshot: We look forward to your story. Why any normal person gets up at 2.34 a.m. is a mystery, but being your senior I understand. Take your time, drink your coffee & we shall wait patiently.

BTW: Please forgive Rosey for speaking of ball lightning, it has completely distracted some from the theme of this link.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:20 AM

I have posted this before so the dates have changed. I have added a photo of a similar sofa to show exactly where the keys were found. See the red star. There are two differences in our sofa. First, our sofa had two small pillows and there was a sheet that covered the cushion under the pillows.

Here is the story.... About 14-15 years ago my wife had misplaced her keys. We started searching in the obvious places. In her purse, in the car, in my car, in the pockets of the clothes that we wore the day before, etc. No luck. The search expanded to all the rooms in our 5 room house. We searched the kitchen drawers, cabinets, and under the stove and fridge. We searched the bathroom cabinets, the clothes hamper, under the claw foot bathtub. We started searching the two bedrooms. Under the beds, under the pillows, between the mattresses, closets, in our pockets hanging in the closets. We searched the living room everywhere. Under the sofa cushions, under the sofas, behind the curtains. One particular stuffed chair in the living room was kinda in bad shape so we had a tapestry on it and two small pillows in each corner of the chair. In our search, I had taken off the pillows, taken off the tapestry, searched down in the cracks where all the change and popcorn usually hangs out, and under the chair itself. I had done this not once, but three times! After about three days and three hours of searching. We decided it was time to go out on the porch and smoke a cigarette. Take a break and regroup, if you will. While out on the porch, my wife said a little prayer. "Lord, can you please help me find my keys. I really need those keys and I would really appreciate it if you could help, amen". After our smoke, we decided to resume our search. We walked back into the house and guess what? Those keys were laying on that chair, in the open, between the two pillows. Remember, I had taken that chair apart three times. If there is no God, will someone explain to me how those keys ended up on that chair?
Attached Thumbnails
A timely reflection-sofa.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality