Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 09:29 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,417,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear Slingshot: I trust you will not object to Rosey placing your story over on the story page of Christian forums with full credits to you. I may even add a wee story about "holy Anne" in coming episodes. Again my friend, thank you!
Go for it. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 02:32 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
That's what we did. Simple little prayer did it.
It's a great "God helped me find my car keys" story. But I've heard of similar wonderous occurences/circumstances from followers of Santeria. I believe in their case it's a prayer to some Christian/Santeria saint or another and tying a red string on a foot of a couch in the home. God would never stoop so low and dirty as to talk to such sinners and normal human doubters as them (people with jobs and involved in worldly affairs), which is why they think only saints, etc. receive revelations from God and can intercede for them. Or is that Catholics? Maybe both.

Old 12-05-2018, 02:39 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times

Old 12-05-2018, 03:24 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times
Quote:
We consider ourselves very fortunate in all respects. It's been a long hard ride.
Dear Slingshot: welcome to Ann Preston AKA "holy Ann".

Ann once hurt her ankle very severely. She had to be in bed and became weak.

At one time fresh eggs were ordered for her with milk. It was not the season when hens in the country would lay eggs. So the servant failed to get her eggs. So she prayed to her Father.

A hen drew nigh to her. Her Father told her that this hen would supply her with fresh eggs.

Every day for three weeks the hen would come, lay an egg and go away.

She began to tell others that her Father supplied her eggs when she wanted them even though it was out of season.

Her other needs also were supplied likewise.

Once she made two barrels of soap, half of it to be given to the poor. The soap did not thicken and so she prayed.

The Lord told her it needed some fresh marrow and that He would send the marrow bone also.

She in her simple way told her inquisitive children that the bone would be sent by her Father by next morning.

Early morning she found a big bone with marrow lying down near the place, and began to break it and mix the marrow in the soap.

"Oh!" the children cried out, "some dog dropped it here."

She answered, "I don’t care if the devil brought it. My Father sent it."

The Salvation Army was stationed near her village. Ann was interested in their work and wanted to give them supplies. She did not have money, and her fowls were not laying eggs then.

She resorted to prayer and asked her Father for eggs. She brought over a dozen eggs from the barn, and others were amazed.

One day she wanted to go to the church two furlongs off and found that there had been a heavy fall of snow.

She prayed, "Father, I cannot go to the meetings tonight. Won’t You send someone to make a path for me?"

There was no servant to help her to shovel the snow. But suddenly five horses appeared and they began to run up and down in a straight line until there was a perfectly beaten track all through the deep snow. Ann attended the meeting and witnessed to them what the Lord had done to her.

The well that supplied them with water used to be dry in summer.

The children had to haul water in barrels from a well about half a mile away. It was hard work, for the supply was not only for the household use but for the livestock as well.

One night as she related to the children in the kitchen the answers of her faithful Father they threw a challenge to her, all in joke.

"Why don’t you pray for water in the well?"

Ann took this seriously and began to plead that night with her Heavenly Father. She prayed until she was assured in her heart that God had heard her prayer.

Next morning she took her buckets and began to lower them into the well. The boys were getting ready with their barrels to go for water, and began to watch her with surprise.

Instead of a bang they heard a splash of water. And Ann brought two pails full of clear sparkling water into the house. Thus those who lived with Ann could see that she lived with a loving Father who lived and made Himself real to her.

One of the girls lost a five dollar bill, and even after much search they could not find it. Ann prayed that night and was led exactly to the spot where it was lying hidden in the snow on a hillside. The girls were amazed how Ann walked with God and got answers for prayer.

Old 12-06-2018, 12:16 PM

I will say that the keys were surely somewhere in the house and in the many times we searched we overlooked where they were located, but they were not and could not have been where we found them on the small sofa/love seat where we found them after coming in from the porch.
One thing I wonder about is why do people that do not believe in God and/or Jesus Christ resort to anger, laughter, resentment, wonder and attempts to persuade those that do to change their ways? I never try to make anyone believe the way that I do. It makes me giggle at their foolishness.
I think it's easier to prove that, for me, there is a God than for them to prove there is not.

Old 12-06-2018, 01:22 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Slingshot, if that is what you believe, I'm fine with that. Cling to it.

But don't ask others to believe it.

While "he" was finding your keys for you, I would rather that "he" spent his time saving an African child dying from starvation and dehydration.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Slingshot, if that is what you believe, I'm fine with that. Cling to it.

But don't ask others to believe it.

While "he" was finding your keys for you, I would rather that "he" spent his time saving an African child dying from starvation and dehydration.
#1. Thanks

#2. I never do that.

#3. I would too if there were only two choices, but I believe "he" can cover more tasks than one at a time and I do not question why, when or where. I have had many more prayers unanswered than answered. I wish that I had the resources to help everyone less fortunate than myself.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:51 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
#1. Thanks

#2. I never do that.

#3. I would too if there were only two choices, but I believe "he" can cover more tasks than one at a time and I do not question why, when or where. I have had many more prayers unanswered than answered. I wish that I had the resources to help everyone less fortunate than myself.
2. Well...be honest...you had a purpose for posting this.

3. Maybe you ought to start questioning why an "all powerful and ever loving" god allows people, animals, and babies to suffer horrendous lives.

Old 12-06-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
2. Well...be honest...you had a purpose for posting this.

3. Maybe you ought to start questioning why an "all powerful and ever loving" god allows people, animals, and babies to suffer horrendous lives.
#2. I was simply sharing my experiences. I thought they were pretty cool.

#3. There you go. Like I said. Trying to tell me what to do.

Old 12-06-2018, 05:27 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
I am more of a holy mole-ly person myself.

6.02x10^23
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality