Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 10:25 AM

10,089 posts, read 5,739,706 times

Advertisements

I saw this news piece today. Yet another case of a family praying for a loved one and a major tumor just completely vanishes into thin air.

Quote:

HAYS COUNTY, Texas — An 11-year-old Texas girl diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor appears to been cured, and doctors don’t have an explanation, according to KVUE.

In June, doctors told Roxli Doss she had an inoperable brain tumor called diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma, or DIPG, KVUE reports.

According to doctors, the disease is “very rare” and causes a “decreased ability to swallow, sometimes vision loss, decreased ability to talk, eventually difficulty with breathing,” said Dr. Virginia Harrod with Dell Children’s Medical Center.

The little girl went through weeks of radiation and all her parents, Gena and Scott Doss, could do is pray for a miracle.

And they got it.

“When I first saw Roxli’s MRI scan, it was actually unbelievable,” said Dr. Harrod. “The tumor is undetectable on the MRI scan, which is really unusual.”
https://fox2now.com/2018/12/17/docto...or-disappears/

Of course, atheists will try to scramble for some explanation or act like it is just perfectly normal for cancer to vanish, but the doctors, ya know the real experts can't explain this one and are baffled. The survival rate for DIPG is very low and this cancer can not be cured through modern medicine. Yet she was completely cured through the power of prayer. Believe that!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rs/2346822002/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 10:33 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Yep. Gotta be Jaysus! Praise him! Let's all run to the nearest church and tithe!

Meanwhile, back in reality: Some ailments are idiopathic and I think some cures are too. But I'm very happy for the girl and her family.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:33 AM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I saw this news piece today. Yet another case of a family praying for a loved one and a major tumor just completely vanishes into thin air.

https://fox2now.com/2018/12/17/docto...or-disappears/

Of course, atheists will try to scramble for some explanation or act like it is just perfectly normal for cancer to vanish, but the doctors, ya know the real experts can't explain this one and are baffled. The survival rate for DIPG is very low and this cancer can not be cured through modern medicine. Yet she was completely cured through the power of prayer. Believe that!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rs/2346822002/
How convenient that you forgot to mention that: "Harrod said the now 11-year-old went through weeks of radiation".

Nevertheless, it could be a miracle by Zeus or one of the other gods.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:39 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,008 times
Miracles still happen- God does not change.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:06 AM

16,785 posts, read 4,992,682 times
Quote:
What about he cases where tumors are not prayed away? Where people die because their families prayed instead of seeking medical help?

Quote:
Of course, atheists will try to scramble for some explanation or act like it is just perfectly normal for cancer to vanish, but the doctors, ya know the real experts can't explain this one and are baffled.
No scrambling required, so you can forget that lie. Sometimes cancers disappear. You are just attributing it to religion while ignoring the many, many more cases where they do not disappear, and actually kill people. That includes those who have been prayed for.

Now we get to see Jeff scramble with some BS and then claim he has not been refuted.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:07 AM

16,785 posts, read 4,992,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
How convenient that you forgot to mention that: "Harrod said the now 11-year-old went through weeks of radiation".
You mean Jeff did not read his own link again?

Old 12-18-2018, 11:17 AM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
You mean Jeff did not read his own link again?
And of course, using his logic, when Buddhist pray to Buddha for a cure and get it, that proves Buddha is magic. Or all the various Hindu gods. And all the old Roman and Greek gods.

Hey, Jeff apparently just proved that Jesus is just one god of MANY that has magical powers!

Old 12-18-2018, 11:32 AM

10,089 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And of course, using his logic, when Buddhist pray to Buddha for a cure and get it, that proves Buddha is magic. Or all the various Hindu gods. And all the old Roman and Greek gods.

Hey, Jeff apparently just proved that Jesus is just one god of MANY that has magical powers!
And yet, a missionary dies and you (or at least your buddies here) accept WITHOUT question that it proves Jesus is imaginary. As long as the evidence goes against Christianity, atheists accept it without question. If the evidence supports Christianity, they apply such an extreme level of scrutiny that it would be impossible to prove anything is real under such terms.

If I'm wrong then please tell me what kind of evidence would satisfy you that a miracle from God took place.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:43 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
And yet, a missionary dies and you (or at least your buddies here) accept WITHOUT question that it proves Jesus is imaginary. As long as the evidence goes against Christianity, atheists accept it without question. If the evidence supports Christianity, they apply such an extreme level of scrutiny that it would be impossible to prove anything is real under such terms.

If I'm wrong then please tell me what kind of evidence would satisfy you that a miracle from God took place.
Actually, thrillobyte was the one who thought the stupid, dead missionary was proof of no-Jesus. I don't recall any other poster agreeing. I just thought it proved some people shouldn't leave the house without a competent adult to mind them.

As to what evidence would satisfy a skeptic: How about God appearing in the sky around the world at the same time, in full view of everyone, and solving Rubik's cube behind his back while singing show tunes and tap dancing?

I'd sign up to the God squad right quick, I tell ya' h'whut

Old 12-18-2018, 11:55 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Miracles still happen- God does not change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40

Yes, except God sure does play favorites, doesn't he, Jeff--curing this particular girl and letting 100,000 other Christian children die horribly in great pain and suffering despite millions of prayers for them. Please explain that one, Jeff--beside those tired old canards, "God works in mysterious ways, don't cha know" and "Our ways are not God's ways, don't cha know."

Don't cha know, Jeff????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality