Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2018, 04:36 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
There is something REALLY messed up when atheists try to downplay or ridicule religious faith healing. That tells me all I will ever need to know about atheism.
That we hate the idea Chopra could kill people instead of thinking that is a fantastic idea?

You are fine with people dying instead of seeking medical aid?

That tells me all I will ever need to know about you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 09:25 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
"Christopher" is a lovely young man who loves everyone. He loves God and Jesus and spreads cheer everywhere he goes.

"Dick" is a typical angry atheist. He's always frowning. He hates the idea of God and he hates everyone he meets.

They are clones who are both in the same physical condition and both develop the same disease. A week later Christopher is healed of the disease through his faith. Unfortunately Dick has turned to solid stone. He's dead.

Question: Why did Christopher survive and Dick didn't?

Maybe my example is a little exaggerated, BUT... I really think this kind of thing is always happening. Or maybe it should.
Your example wasn't simply "exaggerated." It was entirely made up. Which is how make believe works.

Of course I'm glad that the little girl has survived. But statistically one person in 100,000 will experience complete spontaneous remission from cancer. If the 1 remission in 100,000 is proof that your invisible friends are real, what does the 100,000 that die prove?

Old 12-19-2018, 09:47 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
I get the feeling that some atheists actually might HATE when these things happen.
Hate that god allowed this little one to be so sick and then healed them? Why were they allowed to be s sick in the first place?

Old 12-19-2018, 09:53 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
He thinks we hate it because it proves something that it didn't prove.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:54 AM

50,823 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
There is something REALLY messed up when atheists try to downplay or ridicule religious faith healing. That tells me all I will ever need to know about atheism.
Fine.

Today I suggest you permanently stop taking all medicines and stop visiting doctors for anything. When you are ill, simply go to your christian church and pray.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:59 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Proof that prayer works because of Jesus

https://www.chabad.org/theJewishWoma...d-Miracles.htm

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...LKFyQjL8wgRoZT

https://www.sikhnet.com/stories/audio/power-prayer

Old 12-19-2018, 10:29 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
READING, Pa. — The parents of a 2-year-old Pennsylvania girl who died of pneumonia have been convicted of involuntary manslaughter after prosecutors said they declined to seek medical care for the child on religious grounds.

The defendants belong to Faith Tabernacle Congregation, which instructs members to avoid doctors and pharmaceutical drugs. Medical personnel testified that the child likely would have survived had she been given treatment.
https://nypost.com/2018/03/26/parent...year-old-girl/

When a child dies as the result of religious make believe, is that also a reason to rejoice and thank Jesus? Or is it possible that downplaying and ridiculing religious faith healing can actually serve a legitimate purpose?

Old 12-19-2018, 10:30 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Deepak combines medical science AND alternative healing methods. Do you guys have any clue to the politics involved in the pharmacy industry? You would rather put your "faith" into that nonsense just because it's not associated with religion?
God, I don't know if it is evil or pure ignorance that makes some people think this way.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:34 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
If it's nonsense why...…"Deepak combines medical "

I'd guess a lot of us do this "combines medical AND alternative healing methods" using the same kind of judgement we use about religions, taking neither on faith alone.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:40 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I saw this news piece today. Yet another case of a family praying for a loved one and a major tumor just completely vanishes into thin air.

https://fox2now.com/2018/12/17/docto...or-disappears/

Of course, atheists will try to scramble for some explanation or act like it is just perfectly normal for cancer to vanish, but the doctors, ya know the real experts can't explain this one and are baffled. The survival rate for DIPG is very low and this cancer can not be cured through modern medicine. Yet she was completely cured through the power of prayer. Believe that!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rs/2346822002/
Most doctors are so woefully inept, most likely it was a misdiagnosis to begin with. As for prayerand Jesus, all I can say is that human body can heal itself if given the proper tools to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality