Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2018, 11:43 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Deepak combines medical science AND alternative healing methods. Do you guys have any clue to the politics involved in the pharmacy industry? You would rather put your "faith" into that nonsense just because it's not associated with religion?
More BS from you. Does it never end?

Medicine works. Big Pharma works. Yes, we pay more than we should, but at least it works. Every time you go to a hospital or a doctors for treatment, Big Pharma is involved. And if Chopra is also using 'medical science', he too is using Big Pharma.

We live longer because of Big Pharma. This is not faith, this is a known fact.

Religion has NOTHING to do with it. That was just yet another Ozzy invention.

And when alternative healing methods work, that too becomes medical science. When it does not, Chopra sells it.

Quote:
God, I don't know if it is evil or pure ignorance that makes some people think this way.
With you it is both. It is bad enough that you have to invent rubbish every day to attack atheism, but today you have really revealed what kind of a person you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 11:48 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times
The politics in the medical industry goes beyond the pharmacy realm.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:12 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
Quote:
Deepak combines medical science AND alternative healing methods. Do you guys have any clue to the politics involved in the pharmacy industry? You would rather put your "faith" into that nonsense just because it's not associated with religion?
God, I don't know if it is evil or pure ignorance that makes some people think this way.
It would probably be well to keep these facts in mind:

Life expectancy in the USA, 1900

Men 46.3 years

Women 48.3 years
Life expectancy in the USA, 1900-98

Average life expectancy in the USA, 2017

Men 76.1 years

Women 81.1 years
https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/21/healt...udy/index.html

What has caused the difference? Medical science!!! Centuries of witch doctor medicine and make believe have established a very poor track record.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:48 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post

Men 46.3 years

Women 48.3 years

Men 76.1 years

Women 81.1 years

What has caused the difference? Medical science!!! Centuries of witch doctor medicine and make believe have established a very poor track record.
Good lord ( no pun intended),,,,can't you see it's all those faith healings that have expanded our life expectancies!
To purloin and sarcastically amend a statement...."God, I don't know if it is evil or pure ignorance that makes some people think (any other) way."

Old 12-19-2018, 12:51 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
"Christopher" is a lovely young man who loves everyone. He loves God and Jesus and spreads cheer everywhere he goes.

"Dick" is a typical angry atheist. He's always frowning. He hates the idea of God and he hates everyone he meets.

They are clones who are both in the same physical condition and both develop the same disease. A week later Christopher is healed of the disease through his faith. Unfortunately Dick has turned to solid stone. He's dead.

Question: Why did Christopher survive and Dick didn't?

Maybe my example is a little exaggerated, BUT... I really think this kind of thing is always happening. Or maybe it should.
Are you saying that all Christians with faith are healed?

LOLing at "typical angry atheist". If you only knew.

Old 12-19-2018, 01:02 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
If it's not hate then what would you call it? What do you call the anger I see in the eyes of an atheist who is listening to Deepak Chopra in a debate while he is describing alternative methods of healing that the atheist seems to think are nonsense. It looks as if the atheist wants to jump across the table and choke him to death.

It's that's not hate then what is it?
How would I know what you saw on a television show? And what would the television show have to do with atheists you have encountered here? You stated:

Quote:
I get the feeling that some atheists actually might HATE when these things happen.
Where do you mention anything about "getting the feeling" while watching a television show?

Old 12-19-2018, 01:34 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post

Men 46.3 years

Women 48.3 years

Men 76.1 years

Women 81.1 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Good lord ( no pun intended),,,,can't you see it's all those faith healings that have expanded our life expectancies!
To purloin and sarcastically amend a statement...."God, I don't know if it is evil or pure ignorance that makes some people think (any other) way."
May be medical science is only a tool and our life expectancy rate has increased as per God’s plan?

And then longer life spans have put an astronomical amount of burden on our healthcare system - cost of providing care has sky rocketed - our elderly in old homes now drag a lonely miserable life with 24/7 drugs - taxes have gone up to support Social services for the aging population. Social Security money is all gone.

So what good is it?

Old 12-19-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
May be medical science is only a tool and our life expectancy rate has increased as per God’s plan? )

I don't supposed you have that plan anywhere , sort of like a blueprint, you could share with us?

Old 12-19-2018, 01:46 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I don't supposed you have that plan anywhere , sort of like a blueprint, you could share with us?
If there is a God and if that's his plan - probably then he knows better. I don't know it and I can't change it.

My job as a believer is try to live a morally conscious and peaceful life under the guidance that God has provided, till my time ends, and I stand up for accountability in his court - That's what matters to me.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
If there is a God and if that's his plan - probably then he knows better. I don't know it and I can't change it.
Then why even bother proposing certain things may be part of it? Especially with an "if" (a little word with a big meaning) and no more useful to conversation than "If the dog hadn't stopped to <<bleep>> , he would have caught the rabbit"

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-19-2018 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality