Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 09:13 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times

Advertisements

I am becoming more certain by the day that Ozzy and jeffbase are twins separated at birth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 09:31 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
What tools? The placebo effect? Yeah, that's something that shouldn't even be possible if we are nothing but flesh and bone.

All you are doing is proving my point in the OP. That atheists really scramble to explain even the most amazing of miracles. So now it's the doctor's misdiagnosing a tumor. lol There is NOTHING that will convince them because they want to live in darkness out of hatred for God.
The human brain can do miraculous things...

Old 12-20-2018, 10:23 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yes, it can. My aunt, for instance, had tumors over her ovaries. They were going to have to operate, due to the pain it was causing her. It was not cancerous, but they were growing. She had just gotten into meditation and positive thoughts, and eating to heal yourself, and that kind of thing, and told them that she wanted to put it off for a month or so. They said okay, and she immediately went home and started eating certain foods and cutting other out, taking all sorts of vitamins and minerals, and meditating for hours every single day. She started visualizing exercises where she would imagine the tumors shrinking and stuff like that.

She went back to the Dr. 1 month later, and they were completely gone. She is not a Christian and did not pray to God. Was it the food and vitamins? The meditating? The visualizing? Coincidence? All of the above? Who knows.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:43 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Good for you and good for her; however, let’s not fool ourselves.
If your case was the story of every home in America then the ever thriving business of old home (which is now sugar coated with terms like “Adult care center, Eldery living facility†etc) would not exist to begin with.

There was about 3 acres of commercial land close to my house. This is high tax dollar very affluent area. The land alone was listed at $8.5 million.

Some business group purchased it and guess what they build there?
Indeed a multi story old home, and named it Mardi La Villa or something.

Last I heard, there was some sorta waiting list on it.

I don’t know if it’s God’s plan?
If it is, then may be God doesn’t want many believers to live this lonely and miserable life in old homes and hence there aren’t many old homes in religious countries? Is that what you are trying to say? ��
My mother does live in a seniors home. She is much more active than she was when she lived in her own apartment. The home has activities rooms, outings and a social community of similar aged people. She has breakfast and supper with other people but makes her own lunch. About the only time she is not busy now is lunch time and the evenings when she chooses to watch TV by herself. I think moving into this seniors how was the best thing for her, she has more friends, more activities and there is a nurse around for times, like when she fell to see to her. I cannot understand why you think seniors living in assisted living or regular seniors homes is bad for them, and bad for society.

My mother is much better off then living alone in an apartment or moving in with any of her chikdren. First of all each of us live in two story houses meaning either she would need to climb stairs everyday or one of us would need to sell our house and buy a different one. Guess I am glad that she is a non believer as she has made a group of close friends, is busy with puzzles, classes, going out for coffee with her friends and probably the happiest she has been since my father died.

I used to visit the palatine care unit at our local hospital as part of dog therapy program. These were mostly elderly folks but they were dying. Most of them were old but not necessarily miserable. I am guessing that many of them had extra decades of heath living added to the lives due to our healthcare system. And pain management for their last days and months.

Maybe none of this has a thing to do with any God. But if thete is a God he seems to favor the poor and the elderly in less religious countries than he does the poor and the elderly in the US. Or maybe the people in those less religious countries care more for the poor and the elderly?

Old 12-20-2018, 10:55 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Humans ARE animals. Humans kill for sport, and are only "Godlike" because of the invention of gunpowder.

WHAT A MAN!!
I know right.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:44 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Explain THIS. Then we can talk. <photo of baby with huge tumor on head>
Isn't it obvious? This is a clear soul that finally said, "OK, I'm now ready to receive
my karma to balance the scales of the Universe, reaping what I sowed, for being
a Mongolian warrior in the 13thc throwing babies into the fire pit....and enjoying it.
And to be born the child of the most despicably, selfish people."

2 birds one stone...pay them back for their cruel, horrible past lives...
All around, learning selflessness to care for another, while becoming humble to ask for help...
benefiting those helping, also... showing and practicing kindness and non-judgment.

It's all a win-win!

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 12-20-2018 at 11:55 AM..

Old 12-20-2018, 12:26 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
What tools? The placebo effect? Yeah, that's something that shouldn't even be possible if we are nothing but flesh and bone.

All you are doing is proving my point in the OP. That atheists really scramble to explain even the most amazing of miracles. So now it's the doctor's misdiagnosing a tumor. lol There is NOTHING that will convince them because they want to live in darkness out of hatred for God.
You have a peculiar way of viewing things.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:46 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
All you are doing is proving my point in the OP. That atheists really scramble to explain even the most amazing of miracles.
It's not a miracle. Out all those that pray, less than 0.01% "get their prayers answered."

That's neither convincing nor a stellar track record.

You are proving a point, too, which is that anything unexplained automatically defaults to "god did it."

Medical science doesn't really know what causes cancer, which is one reason cancer is so difficult to treat, and why treatment often fails.

Science will sort it out in the end, although it might take a long time.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:03 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Radiation was her miracle. She is not out of the woods. She will be watched carefully and tested over the next five years. Radiation has its own difficulties and can cause cancer. I hope she lives a long and healthy life.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:54 PM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Then explain how mental thoughts, something that is not physical, not tangible creates healing. How does faith even if it is a false faith make real physical changes? Just telling me that the brain did it is kinda a copout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality