Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2018, 03:44 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,092,120 times

Advertisements

^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I don't supposed you have that plan anywhere , sort of like a blueprint, you could share with us?
If you can "suppose" things then others can use the word "if" as well. Simple basic common sense, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 04:00 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
^^

If you can "suppose" things then others can use the word "if" as well. Simple basic common sense, no?
Awk, except I mistyped and said "supposed"...….send me to the writing forum to be chastised!
So let me rephrase that if you want to nit pick the way I put it.

Do you have that plan anywhere , sort of like a blueprint, you could share with us?

Old 12-19-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post

Do you have that plan anywhere , sort of like a blueprint, you could share with us?
As if it’s my plan?

Old 12-19-2018, 04:43 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
May be medical science is only a tool and our life expectancy rate has increased as per God’s plan?

And then longer life spans have put an astronomical amount of burden on our healthcare system - cost of providing care has sky rocketed - our elderly in old homes now drag a lonely miserable life with 24/7 drugs - taxes have gone up to support Social services for the aging population. Social Security money is all gone.

So what good is it?
My mother is 91, fairly active and does not excessively use the health care system. Perhaps this is an example of how God treats atheists. Sorry if those that believe in him have to be on drugs 24/7.

My mother is happy, alert and healthy. The last couple of years she has stopped travelling as it is too tiring on her. Her largest source 9f income is a widow pension from DVA for my dad being seriously wounded on D-Day. My country can afford to keep paying her OAS as well.

Why if life expectancy might be God's plan is it lower in some religious countries like the US and higher in Canada and Western Europe which are less religious? Seems that maybe your God doesn’t like religious people. ☺

Old 12-19-2018, 04:49 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:
May be medical science is only a tool and our life expectancy rate has increased as per God’s plan?

And then longer life spans have put an astronomical amount of burden on our healthcare system - cost of providing care has sky rocketed - our elderly in old homes now drag a lonely miserable life with 24/7 drugs - taxes have gone up to support Social services for the aging population. Social Security money is all gone.

So what good is it?
You're saying it's God's plan AND it's no good. Do you realize that?

Old 12-19-2018, 04:51 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
^^

"homeostasis" go, thats word you are looking for.

I was reading that they found a chunk of unused DNA that mutated in a stran. x number of million of years later that unused chunk was activated and did its thing. A unused code was "mutated in" and then it was turned on at a later date. lmao, just like the instructions in a growing fetus.

Now, as you know I don't do god, but "homeostasis" just fits perfectly. Its almost empirical to most; but the deny everything sect.

Old 12-19-2018, 06:43 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
There is something REALLY messed up when atheists try to downplay or ridicule religious faith healing. That tells me all I will ever need to know about atheism.
Why don't you tell us how many people have died because of religious faith healing?

You can start with the number of people convicted for refusing medical treatment for their children, who died, because prayer didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
How about if he just heals all Christians and no one else? .
Well, he can't because he's dead and been dead for centuries.

Dead people don't do much, except decompose.

Just think of all the Native Americans who died over the centuries, because Jesus didn't know the Americas existed, so the Native Americans didn't know Jesus existed.

Old 12-19-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
You're saying it's God's plan AND it's no good. Do you realize that?
I used the word “May be” to start off the post, so I don’t know for sure if it’s God’s plan.

But our Atheist friend seems pretty sure that longer life is only due to science - so if we stick with his assessment and take God’s plan out of the equation, then the question is, how good is it when we have so many social and economical challenges with the growing number of aging population - should we blame science?

Old 12-19-2018, 09:03 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
I used the word “May be” to start off the post, so I don’t know for sure if it’s God’s plan.

But our Atheist friend seems pretty sure that longer life is only due to science - so if we stick with his assessment and take God’s plan out of the equation, then the question is, how good is it when we have so many social and economical challenges with the growing number of aging population - should we blame science?
Yes, f you think it is bad for people to live long feel free to blame science. Especially the worse of it, men are now living into retirement.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
My mother is 91, fairly active and does not excessively use the health care system. Perhaps this is an example of how God treats atheists. Sorry if those that believe in him have to be on drugs 24/7.

My mother is happy, alert and healthy. The last couple of years she has stopped travelling as it is too tiring on her. Her largest source 9f income is a widow pension from DVA for my dad being seriously wounded on D-Day. My country can afford to keep paying her OAS as well.
Good for you and good for her; however, let’s not fool ourselves.
If your case was the story of every home in America then the ever thriving business of old home (which is now sugar coated with terms like “Adult care center, Eldery living facility” etc) would not exist to begin with.

There was about 3 acres of commercial land close to my house. This is high tax dollar very affluent area. The land alone was listed at $8.5 million.

Some business group purchased it and guess what they build there?
Indeed a multi story old home, and named it Mardi La Villa or something.

Last I heard, there was some sorta waiting list on it.

Quote:
Why if life expectancy might be God's plan is it lower in some religious countries like the US and higher in Canada and Western Europe which are less religious? Seems that maybe your God doesn’t like religious people. ☺
I don’t know if it’s God’s plan?
If it is, then may be God doesn’t want many believers to live this lonely and miserable life in old homes and hence there aren’t many old homes in religious countries? Is that what you are trying to say? ��
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality