Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2018, 11:02 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
May be medical science is only a tool and our life expectancy rate has increased as per God’s plan?

And then longer life spans have put an astronomical amount of burden on our healthcare system - cost of providing care has sky rocketed - our elderly in old homes now drag a lonely miserable life with 24/7 drugs - taxes have gone up to support Social services for the aging population. Social Security money is all gone.

So what good is it?
If God is responsible then it becomes a fair question to ask why he waited until medical science began to become competent to extend life expectancy. For most of human history people tended to die at an early age.

My Social Security income show up every month like clockwork.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 12:59 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
If God is responsible then it becomes a fair question to ask why he waited until medical science began to become competent to extend life expectancy. For most of human history people tended to die at an early age.

My Social Security income show up every month like clockwork.
God took a worm and made him a scientist that was so brilliant, the scientist is like God, but then God said,'' Ye are Gods.''

When Jesus was judged for saying he was the son of God, he turned around and said,'' Why do you judge me for saying I am the son of God when God has said,'' Behold, ye are gods?''

Get outside the box, the big bang happened, evolution happened but at some point in time, man evolved from being an animal.

It is as if we have become gods, and when I look back at the fall of the tower of Babel, I can only think God was slowing mankind down because what mankind can now do IS GODLIKE.

The Earth was formed, and out of nothing, here we are from a freaking cell in the water, a miracle, a design.

Old 12-20-2018, 04:16 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Why don't you tell us how many people have died because of religious faith healing?

You can start with the number of people convicted for refusing medical treatment for their children, who died, because prayer didn't work.
What does any of this have to do with Deepak Chopra and his combining of medicine and holistic healing?

Atheists are always pulling this same nonsense in their arguments. They have no point so they make up stuff that has nothing to do with the discussion.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I saw this news piece today. Yet another case of a family praying for a loved one and a major tumor just completely vanishes into thin air.

https://fox2now.com/2018/12/17/docto...or-disappears/

Of course, atheists will try to scramble for some explanation or act like it is just perfectly normal for cancer to vanish, but the doctors, ya know the real experts can't explain this one and are baffled. The survival rate for DIPG is very low and this cancer can not be cured through modern medicine. Yet she was completely cured through the power of prayer. Believe that!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rs/2346822002/

Parents “Only Have God to Thank” After Doctors Cure Daughter’s Brain Tumor

BY DAVID GEE
DECEMBER 19, 2018
Parents “only have God to thank” for the “miraculous cure” of their 11-year-old daughter’s rare brain tumor, which mysteriously disappeared with the help of only prayer… and radiation and western medicine in general.

Doctors have “no explanation” for why Roxli Doss is able to go horseback riding after recently suffering from a debilitating cancer, which is all the explanation some people need to attribute her recovery to God.

“She is just as active as she ever was,” said Scott Doss, Roxli’s father.

It’s hard to imagine not too long ago doctors diagnosed the little girl with an inoperable brain tumor in June called diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma, or DIPG.

“It is very rare, but when we see it, it is a devastating disease,” Dr. Virginia Harrod with Dell Children’s Medical Center. “You have decreased ability to swallow, sometimes vision loss, decreased ability to talk, eventually difficulty with breathing.”

Dr. Harrod said the now
11-year-old went through weeks of radiation, even though there is no cure. The family held a benefit for her in August, and the Buda community responded in a big way. At that point, all Gena and Scott Doss could do was pray for a miracle.

“And we got it,” said Gena.

“Praise God we did,” said Scott.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
God took a worm and made him a scientist that was so brilliant, the scientist is like God, but then God said,'' Ye are Gods.''

When Jesus was judged for saying he was the son of God, he turned around and said,'' Why do you judge me for saying I am the son of God when God has said,'' Behold, ye are gods?''

Get outside the box, the big bang happened, evolution happened but at some point in time, man evolved from being an animal.

It is as if we have become gods, and when I look back at the fall of the tower of Babel, I can only think God was slowing mankind down because what mankind can now do IS GODLIKE.

The Earth was formed, and out of nothing, here we are from a freaking cell in the water, a miracle, a design.
Humans ARE animals. Humans kill for sport, and are only "Godlike" because of the invention of gunpowder.

WHAT A MAN!!

Old 12-20-2018, 06:44 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What does any of this have to do with Deepak Chopra and his combining of medicine and holistic healing?
People dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Atheists are always pulling this same nonsense in their arguments. They have no point so they make up stuff that has nothing to do with the discussion.
You have just pointed out the dishonesty of your own arguments with this piece of projection.

Why do you insist on taking your religion down a dark alley and beating it near to death?

Old 12-20-2018, 06:58 AM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Most doctors are so woefully inept, most likely it was a misdiagnosis to begin with. As for prayerand Jesus, all I can say is that human body can heal itself if given the proper tools to do so.
What tools? The placebo effect? Yeah, that's something that shouldn't even be possible if we are nothing but flesh and bone.

All you are doing is proving my point in the OP. That atheists really scramble to explain even the most amazing of miracles. So now it's the doctor's misdiagnosing a tumor. lol There is NOTHING that will convince them because they want to live in darkness out of hatred for God.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:02 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
What tools? The placebo effect? Yeah, that's something that shouldn't even be possible if we are nothing but flesh and bone.

All you are doing is proving my point in the OP. That atheists really scramble to explain even the most amazing of miracles. So now it's the doctor's misdiagnosing a tumor. lol There is NOTHING that will convince them because they want to live in darkness out of hatred for God.
In reality, the only people hating on gad are those who claim to know god's will, twist it to fit their own agenda and persecute those who fail to agree with their interpretation of god.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:17 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
So now it's the doctor's misdiagnosing a tumor. lol .
Only one person said that. I'd guess that most of us say it had more to do with all the medical treatments she admittedly did have.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:21 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
An assertion based on absolutely ZERO evidence (once again) from Jeff.

Quote:
All you are doing is proving my point in the OP. That atheists really scramble to explain even the most amazing of miracles. So now it's the doctor's misdiagnosing a tumor. lol
It happens. Misdiagnosing happens more often than people think. We do not need to scramble. What YOU need to do is to ignore that it happens; or to ignore that tumors sometimes disappear on their own; or to ignore that the radiation may have helped; and to pretend it can only be a miracle from god.

All we are doing is proving you are either unable to understand this, or unwilling.

Quote:
There is NOTHING that will convince them because they want to live in darkness out of hatred for God.
Not only this stupid lie (yet again), but laughably you have just proven (once again) your god can NOT exist. Why do you hate all the other gods, who must therefore exist? Therefore your one and only god can not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality