Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 02:03 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
This is what the true living God set before all--Deuteronomy 30:19--LIFE or DEATH--Both will be everlasting.
Fact--Every one that actually knows the true God knows symbolism is taught about eternal suffering in the NT--Blind guides teach it literal. His justice scales make eternal suffering an impossibility to be literal. An eye for an eye= perfect balance--uncorruptable.
So for 70-100 years of unrepented sin God could not condemn one to trillions x trillions x trillions of never ending years of suffering. The blind guides that do not know the true God teach him as that sadist with a literal eternal suffering.
And you'r entitled to believe that. But you need to understand that all religions and all people believe no such thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 02:12 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
One of the things that many people cannot get their head around, is a punishment that lasts FOREVER.
What on earth could anyone do, to warrant such a punishment?
It really makes no sense, and is simply beyond comprehension.
Many people that have experienced Hell on the other side (through NDE's etc), have said that this was just, and the punishment for their sin, whatever that may be, was perfectly justified.
Is this just an extreme case of Stockholm Syndrome?
How could anyone not object to it?
If there is not a universal bridge, or an area of penance and purification, then God is building one hell of a big Hell. (no pun intended)
God is more holy than Stalin, Hitler, etc.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:15 PM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
I am bemused that we have seen a string of myths presented and called "Fact" and a mythical beast's doings excused because of this "Holy" (read unquestionable) thing.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:25 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I am bemused that we have seen a string of myths presented and called "Fact" and a mythical beast's doings excused because of this "Holy" (read unquestionable) thing.
And I'm bemused that part of creation is trying to question the creator. Like a lump of clay whining to the potter about being made into something it didn't appreciate.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:26 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Really?

Old 07-29-2019, 07:09 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Because he killed more people including women and children?
Quote:
And I'm bemused that part of creation is trying to question the creator. Like a lump of clay whining to the potter about being made into something it didn't appreciate.
If I was a lump of clay and the creator created a stuff up and blamed me I would be pretty pissed too!

Own your flippin efups, creator!

Old 07-30-2019, 12:20 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
(1) invented stories to either persuade or to make some money. I recall the near scandal about the heaven-vision claim by a kid that turned out to be a fake.
Yes...and the gullible STILL buy the snake oil.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:20 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
One day I shall explain to you why the clay Does dictate to the potter.

Old 08-04-2019, 11:56 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Really?

twisted thinking.

Old 08-04-2019, 11:59 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And you'r entitled to believe that. But you need to understand that all religions and all people believe no such thing.

Its always been 99% being mislead. God only has 1 single religion, so you are correct-99% of them are not his and believe false reasonings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality