Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2020, 05:42 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,075,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You don't understand.

I invented god to get people to conform to my ideology.

People think they're doing what god commands.

They are not. They are doing what I command.

They don't realize they're doing what I command, because they think they are conforming with god's commands because I conjured up a surrogate -- the deity -- and convinced them through coercion, intimidation, threats and fear, that if they don't do what this non-existent-figment-of-my-imagination-deity commands -- which is really what I command -- that they'll be punished.

It's a big con-game. Get it?

When they ask to see my god, I tell them, hey, that ain't possible, because none of you can see this god-thing because if you look at god you'll turn to stone.

And they believe me.

When they ask to speak to god, I tell them, you can't because you're not worthy. God only speaks to me, because I am worthy.

More than that, since I am worthy, and they're not, I should be their king, and so should all my male descendants, since I'm worthy and they're not.

Yes, male descendants, not female.

That's my rule, not god's rule. They only think it's god's rule, because I told them that's what god said, because god only speaks to me and not to them.

If they think they hear god's voice or god gives them visions, I say you're a heretic and exile them, lest others come to believe they can hear god and see visions too...

....unless I designate one of them as a prophet, in which case so long as the prophet says things I want to hear, the prophet can remain a prophet, but if the prophet says things I don't want to hear, then very obviously the prophet is really a fallen angel or possessed by demons or speaking through a false god, and in that case, the prophet should be stoned to death.

Sound familiar?
Oh , NOW I get it. The prophet is for profit.

Old 04-06-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Hi Zymer. You're new to this thread. Thank you for joining us! I want to invite you to tell me your story about how you ended up holding the worldview you currently do. In as much, or as little, detail are you care to share.

Here's my answer to that same question, if you're interested:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...l#post57172746
Sounds like "...he is a new creature..."

The hound of heaven ran you down.
The words always struck me "and under running laughter I fled Him down the hallways of time".

Old 04-06-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Given this example of your thinking, you probably think that because the program comes out of the TV, the TV is the program.
Are you trying to tell me theres no rock band in my stereo ?
Like uh...music just comes out of thin air? Bah. !

Old 04-06-2020, 05:59 PM

50,089 posts, read 20,798,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Are you trying to tell me theres no rock band in my stereo ?
Like uh...music just comes out of thin air? Bah. !
I suspect that Mystic will say that sure, there is a Rock band. A cosmic rock band of dark energy that is real but comes to us via the radio of our mind.

Old 04-06-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
By the way, neuroscientists have done some very interesting brain studies where they ask participants hooked up to diagnostic equipment various questions about different topics. Different areas of the brain light up with different questions, with one area especially active when questions are asked about the self. Well, guess what area lights up when questions are asked about God? The same areas! Which explains why God always seems to like what you like, and seems to be against what you are against, and seems to dislike and disapprove of the same people and things that you do. What a surprise! God IS you, and you are God.

Which begs the question. We always hear people who proclaim that God loves them. We seem to be able to “detect” divine affection. Why does nobody ever say: God doesn’t like me at all; God hates me? Yes, I know it’s obvious, it’s our Ego. But still, it’s interesting.
Thats not true, you're lying, there was no tests, you have no proof, wheres your evidence blah blah.

BTW, all the subjects were atheists.
True story.!

Old 04-06-2020, 06:02 PM

50,089 posts, read 20,798,478 times
Quote:
Thats not true, you're lying, there was no tests, you have no proof, wheres your evidence blah blah.

True story.!
I don't think he's lying. I read the research myself. A number of us did on an NDE thread some years ago. There was no mention of what religious views the subjects had.

Besides, if it isn't (as you claim) true, the subjects weren't anything. So, fake news, Jonesey.

Old 04-06-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
A cosmic rock band of dark energy that is real but comes to us via the radio of our mind.
You might be on to something...

Old 04-06-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
There was no mention of what religious views the subjects had.
Well there you go, they didn't want to break the bad news.

Old 04-06-2020, 06:37 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,068,092 times
Quote:

True story.!
You are claiming there were no tests, yet also claiming that all the subjects were atheists. Do you see why being a mystic has its problems?

Old 04-06-2020, 06:40 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,068,092 times
Quote:
I don't think he's lying. I read the research myself. A number of us did on an NDE thread some years ago. There was no mention of what religious views the subjects had.

Besides, if it isn't (as you claim) true, the subjects weren't anything. So, fake news, Jonesey.
He does sound very alarmed at the study. I hope he’s not ascared
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality