Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2020, 09:45 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,082,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

Close but no cigar. Our brain is not a radio or TV receiver. It is a transceiver which means it transmits AND receives. It transmits our Spirit into the void and receives its influence and control back as a delayed playback of its creation. We are basically living in a "delayed broadcast" of our own life. This is probably what explains some premonitions, precognitions, and clairvoyance.
No cigar for you either, and no soup as well. Brains haven't got enough power to transmit diddly for any meaningful distance at all. It's a simple fact of the laws of physics and field strength.

No, you can't go making up some 'majick' to claim otherwise. You can transmit all the whacky crap you want along the twisted neural pathways inside your own skull, but it doesn't go anywhere until your fingers hit the keyboard and the verbal diarrhea flows out...and lately, it seems to be even whackier than it used to be.

Old 04-07-2020, 09:47 AM

1,402 posts, read 477,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
I asked, “Let me know if you disagree with any of Wallace's reasoning. Pick the most obvious flaw in his logic, if you detect any“.

Did you find any obvious flaws in Wallace’s logic? Pick the one you think is the easiest for you to ‘refute.’
Be specific. I’m not interested in more of your pointless meanderings.
I did that a few pages back, with not one but four of your videos, featuring some of the "best apologists alive today." As you suggest here, I picked what I found to be obvious flaws in their logic.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/reli...l#post57722085

Rather than dealing with any of the substance, defending any of the points your spokespeople made on your behalf, or (better yet) sharing any thoughts of your own... your response was to answer with yet another question...

Quote:
I'm not sure what your four critiques accomplish. What do you see as the reasonable conclusion of someone who reads them all?
And then you acknowledged you were just jerking us around...

Quote:
Posting the "Thug Life" videos is just me having a bit of fun with all you anti-theists. Chumming the waters a bit.
With that track record, repeated many times over in various ways, why should anyone waste time on your posts?

Old 04-07-2020, 10:02 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,082,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
The most obvious flaw, he is not a biologist (or historian ), he is a retired policeman talking about something he does not understand.
I have known more than a few cops, a number of them who, if brains were gunpowder, would be hard-pressed to make a cap pistol go 'bang'.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:16 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
..snip...

And then you acknowledged you were just jerking us around...

With that track record, repeated many times over in various ways, why should anyone waste time on your posts?
And yet, they do. Iwasremade has been a dishonest poster since day 1 - except for the post where he slipped up and acknowledged he's jerking people around.

It's unfortunate we're not allowed to use the label he's proven himself to have earned.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:19 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Silly straw man version of the issue. The attributes of life and non-life are NOT coincident, the attributes of life are completely missing from non-life and its components. You have this backward. Our awareness or perception of something arises FROM our consciousness which is a unique phenomenon not found in mere material matter. I would suggest you not go on if this is an example of the quality of your thoughts on the issues.
Now you just up and hurt my feelings...

Needless to say, I was addressing someone else's comment. Not that we're not all free to jump on whatever comment we wish, but if you're going to jump it'd be nice if you bothered to explain why something is or is not a valid argument far as you are concerned just for starters. Not that I can match the quality of your thoughts mind you, or your unique consciousness above mine and most others in this forum. I'm just hoping you won't be the only one who replies. Maybe someone else who might perhaps actually bother to address my comment/questions. Just catching up a bit with this thread, so for me that remains to be seen...

Old 04-07-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
My advice... Value precious time more than wasted time. Ignore the forums and go spend some precious time with your daughter, while she's still young. There will be plenty more opportunities, later, for you to waste your time on fruitless pursuits.
Interesting advice from someone who seems intent on inspiring as many people as possible to waste such time!

Old 04-07-2020, 10:23 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
No I say follow the science, it leads to God.
That depends on the traits of the god you are talking about. The more the traits line up with the universe the more valid the god is.

Of course that confuses people. And its my opinion that people that do get confused might what to back off of their insistence that we follow their statement of belief about god (yes god or anti-god)'

The trick is: understanding when one knows enough about a topic to think one is right but not realizing one doesn't know enough to know they are wrong.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You don't understand.

I invented god to get people to conform to my ideology.

People think they're doing what god commands.

They are not. They are doing what I command.

They don't realize they're doing what I command, because they think they are conforming with god's commands because I conjured up a surrogate -- the deity -- and convinced them through coercion, intimidation, threats and fear, that if they don't do what this non-existent-figment-of-my-imagination-deity commands -- which is really what I command -- that they'll be punished.

It's a big con-game. Get it?

When they ask to see my god, I tell them, hey, that ain't possible, because none of you can see this god-thing because if you look at god you'll turn to stone.

And they believe me.

When they ask to speak to god, I tell them, you can't because you're not worthy. God only speaks to me, because I am worthy.

More than that, since I am worthy, and they're not, I should be their king, and so should all my male descendants, since I'm worthy and they're not.

Yes, male descendants, not female.

That's my rule, not god's rule. They only think it's god's rule, because I told them that's what god said, because god only speaks to me and not to them.

If they think they hear god's voice or god gives them visions, I say you're a heretic and exile them, lest others come to believe they can hear god and see visions too...

....unless I designate one of them as a prophet, in which case so long as the prophet says things I want to hear, the prophet can remain a prophet, but if the prophet says things I don't want to hear, then very obviously the prophet is really a fallen angel or possessed by demons or speaking through a false god, and in that case, the prophet should be stoned to death.

Sound familiar?
You almost had me doing as you command there for a second, then that bit about the big con-game got me to second guessing myself about that. I'm suddenly feeling so lost and alone...

Old 04-07-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
As children of God we are reproducers of God (image and likeness) so of course, we have God's attribute of consciousness, why do you find any of that surprising? The brain is the organ involved in producing consciousness and our connection to God. What is surprising about the existence of brain areas particularly involved in sensing or thinking about God?
This sort of dogma always sounds a little boastful and self-centered to me, but no doubt that's just me. Though vastly inferior, my brain is saying you have just really got to be kidding, but one thing I thank you for explaining is this about which organ is involved in consciousness. Sometimes the learning here is truly profound.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:32 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You don't understand.

I invented god to get people to conform to my ideology.

People think they're doing what god commands.

They are not. They are doing what I command.

Nipped for space ...
Thats right. As soon as we have to answer a statement of belief about god (my-god-only or anti-god) we have crossed the line.

The truth is longer relevant. All that matters is how we feel about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality