Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2019, 11:27 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,455,314 times

Advertisements

The problem with the biblical religion is that the world doesn't know there is an authority.

Isn't it so convenient that people claim their own personal interpretation of the bible?

NO, you don't get your own personaly interpretation of freaking history you idiot.

There is no personal interpretation, there is literal history and you don't get to decide what happened in the past, and because you don't know the history of the two kingdoms of Israel DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO SOME PERSONAL INTERPRETATIONS OF HISTORICAL FACTS ABOUT TWO NATIONS HISTORIES.

Christians DO NOT KNOW the history of the two kingdoms they are always speaking of, CHRISTIANS read the history of the kingdom of the house of Israel and they HONESTLY BELIEVE that they are reading history of the house of Judah when the house of Israel has NOTHING to do with the house of Judah.

It's like the world has decided that everyone has their own make believe history, just anything they say should be taken ss historical fact.

What the world needs is one authority.

I AM THAT AUTHORITY....

LOL, YUP, I speak of historicsl fact, not some made up euphoria, non existant realm of reality.

THE BIBLE AND IT'S HISTORY IS NOT UP FOR YOUR OPINION.

In this thread, who amongst you speaks for God?

Who amongst you can debate anything of God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
I had a dream some time back in which I made a trip to some future era, perhaps the 22nd Century (?) and I was shown around a small village, which included a multi-use community center. My guide showed me the auditorium area and told me that it was used for religious services. I about had a fit - this is the future, and they still have religion?? Egads! I was told that people (most of them, anyhow) needed religion in their lives.

It's been years, and I'm still bummed about the idea of religion carrying on into the indefinite future. It's probably true - I just don't see it going away anytime soon.

However, I'd like to entertain the idea of a non-religious future - if not for the world, a large part of it, like Europe and N. America. First of all, is such a future remotely possible? We've all heard of the recent decline of the major churches, and more churches are closing across the land than new ones are founded. Will this trend continue until we're a completely non-religious society? Or will the trend reverse (perhaps due to a economic calamity or whatever) and society becomes heavily religious again?

If we go the non-religious route, what would society be like? A scientific utopia in which everyone is logical and lives by reason alone? (I wish!) If society becomes more religious in the future, what would it be like? Would we see a massive reversal of civil rights, especially with women and gays? Or would religion just be a private part of people's lives, and not be prevalent in the public sphere like we've seen in the recent past?

Table is open for discussion ...
THIS

This is the first post.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
I had a dream some time back in which I made a trip to some future era, perhaps the 22nd Century (?) and I was shown around a small village, which included a multi-use community center. My guide showed me the auditorium area and told me that it was used for religious services. I about had a fit - this is the future, and they still have religion?? Egads! I was told that people (most of them, anyhow) needed religion in their lives.

It's been years, and I'm still bummed about the idea of religion carrying on into the indefinite future. It's probably true - I just don't see it going away anytime soon.

However, I'd like to entertain the idea of a non-religious future - if not for the world, a large part of it, like Europe and N. America. First of all, is such a future remotely possible? We've all heard of the recent decline of the major churches, and more churches are closing across the land than new ones are founded. Will this trend continue until we're a completely non-religious society? Or will the trend reverse (perhaps due to a economic calamity or whatever) and society becomes heavily religious again?

If we go the non-religious route, what would society be like? A scientific utopia in which everyone is logical and lives by reason alone? (I wish!) If society becomes more religious in the future, what would it be like? Would we see a massive reversal of civil rights, especially with women and gays? Or would religion just be a private part of people's lives, and not be prevalent in the public sphere like we've seen in the recent past?

Table is open for discussion ...
WHO SEES IT?

That is what I am wondering?

What kind of agenda does the OP present to the tribal person?

If I want to have any culture at all, any heritage as a tribal human with a culture and heritage, what is dude saying to me?

''I have train tracks, I have a train, an engine, and many cars.''

''Behold, I will load all your people and put them on trains and we will vanquish their culture, their heritage, and they will cease to exist as a peculiar people.''

Old 10-14-2019, 11:42 PM

I wanted to go and celebrate the ways and culture of the Swedish people, I wanted to visit the German Villages, and to seek out culture. I wanted to go to France, to Italy, to Rome.

More than all of this, I just wanted to go to Fort Bend County where I was born, I wanted to eat Bohemian Kolaches, I wanted some freakin CZECH Music, some CZECH sausage, and Bohemian religion.

I was born in this, and it as all but been wiped out. Just want culture, and the thought of tribal people being lost, culture being lost is depressing.

Gone are the days of Fort Bend County.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:48 PM

8,504 posts, read 4,744,511 times
Possible,yeah, but remember that religion means a lot, to a lot of people. It’s not all bad teachings, after all.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:48 PM

For somebody to wish for the end of all religion is to wish for the end of all individuality, the end of all culture and heritage.

Who would then carry the torch of hope?

What is anyone without hope?

What is any people without hope?

Old 10-14-2019, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Possible,yeah, but remember that religion means a lot, to a lot of people. It’s not all bad teachings, after all.
If there is no God, don't let the masses find out.

People simply live longer and BETTER, thinking there is a God, the human spirit and body is so full of power that it doesn't matter if you believe in God or not, if you have faith, the body can heal itself, and there is no life worth living without hope.

By this, I mean that every person is born with a sense of greatness, every person can feel that there is something more, and I mean whether Atheist or believer.

There is something underlying, I even think the Atheist knows this, feels it.

Old 10-15-2019, 12:04 AM

50,831 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
For somebody to wish for the end of all religion is to wish for the end of all individuality, the end of all culture and heritage.

Who would then carry the torch of hope?

What is anyone without hope?

What is any people without hope?
I don't disagree with your first sentence.

However, cultures that do not worship god have hopes and dreams just as much as anyone else. And if you don't realize that, you need to get out more.

Old 10-15-2019, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
You live in Tyler Texas, and if you were raised in Tyler Texas, there is nobody out there that is going to understand you, if your parents were raised around Tyler, aint nobody to talk to.

Tyler is it's own world, you can't explain it, you can't make people understand it, it's Tyler.

A person from Houston doesn't understand a person from Tyler.

Old 10-15-2019, 09:14 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The only way to get rid of religion:

1) invent a drug (medication) that gets rid of the fear of death.

2) invent another drug (medication) that gets rid of the pain from losing a loved one.

3) have an economy where robots do literally everything, so no one has to work.

4) never have another war, ever.

Until those things happen, people will continue to cling to religion to cope with the pain and suffering of the human condition.

(Religious organizations and their leaders are aware of the above, which is why they have worked tirelessly throughout human history to prevent social, scientific, medical, and economic progress. Less pain and suffering equals fewer customers.)
But I remember quite well the lesson to "just say no to drugs."

That said, I've never before read such a remedy to end or prevent religion, in just four easy steps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality